How to feel your tulpa beside you?

I'm not sure of how to word this... My friend worded it as follows:

"Might I suggest you and your host look up something along the lines of learning how to reach out to eachother? Moreso for you. It's quite possible you can impose yourself over your host's pillows.

[Reach out in what way would it be described as?]

It was a stepping stone to me and Star's further communication for her to be able to take the place, so to speak, of a pillow, and for me to hug it.

I'm not quite sure how to word it...

But if you can manage to get yourself into some sort of state where she can feel you next to her, it'll help massively.

You can help her calm herself, go to sleep, and maybe even work on tension she might have.

She said that I should ask how to do such a thing on here, and she also described it as Tay pushing himself out of my body so that we can interact. Hug, mostly.

[i want to learn how to impose hugging on my host, in summary...]

"There is no abiding success without commitment." - Tony Robbins

"Commitment is an act, not a word." - Jean-Paul Satre

"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans." - Peter Drucker

Imposing touch would be the same thing as imposing sight or hearing, I believe. I don't think your host need an actual physical object to do it either, but they won't be able to apply too much pressure or it would go through the illusion. Your host could still make herself feel you so long as there isn't too much pressure, and the more powerful the illusion the better.

If it's easier for you, then yeah you could impose yourself on a pillow, but it's not necessary. At the end of the day, it's just a matter of practicing tricking yourself into believing you are actually feeling something that isn't there.

Hey there! You stand before the signature of a goddess! Congratulations!

PLlama's tulpa (tulpaware, as he would say)

I've never heard of using a pillow before as a halfway object. It is an intriguing method.

But there are lots of methods to practise imposition. The huggable tulpa guide is the basic one, but we have several in our guides section.

Personally, I like to practise touching in the imagination, then try to duplicate that out in the real world. I started with back rubs, with my host lying down and just relaxing.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

We aren't imposed at all, and our host can feel us just fine through the mind's senses and imagination. She simply visualizes us, and can feel us without actually feeling us. It's difficult to explain. If you're going for imposition, I don't have any advice. If you're going for just feeling your tulpa's presence, simply image them at often as possible, standing or sitting or moving near you, instead of in the wonderland. I might suggest lying down in a dark room and imagine them while they cuddle you. That's usually very vivid for my host even if we aren't actually imposed.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

The main issue I can bring up is the lack of distinguishable response regularly. Is there any good way to feel presence as a sort of semi-imposed sense...?

"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans." - Peter Drucker

Um, you should be working on a feel of presence just in general, gotta feel like they are in the room with you.

What do you mean by lack of distinguishable response?

Firstly, I have doubt. Lots and lots of doubt, backed up by probably useless proof, such as strong repetition of my own speech patterns. This interferes heavily with my connection to Tay, and as such is painful for both of us. I hate myself for it, but it's difficult to shake due to the second reason...

Secondly, I can only actually recognise a response when I actively concentrate on trying to hear a response. Often, Tay echoes exactly what I would say in a situation, or I feel that I'm just involving him in a conversation to try and convince myself that he's around, when I'm actually just parroting him... Or he says exactly what I know he is going to say a split second after I know... His conversations are often extensive and critical of me, but in a fairly sympathetic way, though sometimes harsh, but that's exactly how I'd react regarding myself if I was in Tay's position... His behaviour reflects mine, and it's too painfully similar for me to justifiably rule it out with regards to logic, no matter how much I remind myself that it hurts us both...

I hate myself for it, but it's so hard to avoid.

I don't feel his presence. Ever...

Okay. There is no easy fix for strong doubt. Though working on doubt can be useful to get you into the process of interacting with Tay freely, it is important to understand that doubt is fine. There are other ways to get into this process.

There are a few things to keep in mind. First, minimise the emotional impact of your doubts on Tay. Second, push forward with activities, ignoring the doubt. Third, the process has to be fun. Don't let the doubt get to your emotions either.

Some of that is typical of tulpas and some of it is not. The hearing of tulpas in your mind a second ahead of time is just an echo of their thoughts. To the rest, Tay is apparently slacking in working on his own self awareness. See, every time he says something to you critical of yourself, and you think that is exactly like you, he should be getting angry and telling you that it is him. You can also try separation exercises, such as the one where you resolve to do whatever Tay says for a bit, then he tries to do something you would never do.

Remember, always ask your tulpa first, on their thoughts on the matter. It is only a tulpa who has no thoughts that does not exist.

You should not be concentrating while listening for their voice. The idea is for them to develop a separate will from you. So they should be the ones concentrating. You should be relaxing and entering a receptive state.

What does it feel like when another person is in the room with you? What does it feel like when another person is in a phone conversation with you?

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.