(Almost) Sharing Qualia

Lucilyn

It's not really a crazy idea to want to have our legacy implanted in some shape or form before we come to terms with our impermanence and mortality with this reality. The experience each and every one of us has with our companions in question within our heads is for us to embrace, and advance our self-progression through them, and others. I just question, or bring awareness of these yearnings not for the sake of objectifying anyone, but hearing out the reasoning from others. Who knows, these perspectives could add more padding that I could use as a supplement. Maybe this ends up with reaffirming convictions we cling onto, but I'm a believer that having strong convictions means a person has the strength of heart.

My constant questioning is only a testament that I find these experiences beautiful in their own right. When I try to be blunt and concise as I competently can (still working on this), I end up appearing a bit confrontational. But, breaking the 4th wall here, I don't really get a kick in having any intention to bastardize anyone. It only stagnates the need to learn other perspectives.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when I was a kid (pre-teens) it was a goal of mine to understand as many peoples' perspectives on things as possible. I wanted to know how everyone else thought about stuff, partly out of curiosity and partly to aid in solving misunderstandings that stem from a lack of just that. That's what led to eventually calling myself a humanitarian (after googling something like "what is it called if you don't hate anyone").

I will say though that the last paragraph about sharing qualia has nothing to do with that OR leaving your mark on history. It has everything to do with experiencing things that you yourself can't or are very unlikely to, through literally other peoples' perspectives. It would be equivalent to living through them yourself I suppose, and then having the memories of that experience to recall in your own state of mind. Things like experiencing how professionals do their work (or sport or etc.), as far as my interest would be, but also expanded to just about any other experience people would want to share. And with my time on the internet I can safely say that would include just about everything imaginable. I thought of the people who shared their experiences less as wanting to be remembered when they were gone, and more as celebrities/content creators who would become quite popular for the "content" they created - through the recording of their own experiences.

It's an interesting concept, isn't it? That's why I think about it sometimes.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.