Shadow and Humphrey's Journey

Shadow Dash

Focusing on anything on the outside will anchor you to the outside. Focusing on a tree would have a different effect depending on if it's a tree on the outside or just a tree.

For example, if Humphrey focused on eating, or chatting with someone and Shadow focused on the ponyville library, you might pull off a switch.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

So, what I'm getting from this is that when Shadow concentrated on nothing but me, he entered our head. And if he or I concentrated on something being there, inside our head, it would be there.

But also, if he focused on doing something inside our head, and I focused on doing something outside our head, then (with practice) I would actually be on the outside doing things? 

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm asking obvious questions. We're still new to this, but the more I learn about it, the more interested I get. I'm starting to think Shadow's judgement was pretty good on this one. It seems fairly logical. I don't see how science could disprove it.

I'm glad you're doing well. It's really magical when you're able to focus on nothing but each other for a period of time.

Kind of like meditation, I guess?

How did you guys go about the thought process focusing in? Was it like a filter everything else out kind of deal?

Yeah, filtering everything else out was the main strategy. I actually started by walking around focusing on nothing but balancing a pencil between my fingers until I managed to make my vision blur out everything else. Really irritated the person I was bringing the pencil to. Once I had that cleared mind, I just sat down and switched my focus to Humphrey. It took a few minutes, but I got there.

I actually learned yesterday just how important it is to make sure I actually do filter everything else out first. The results of the first try excited me so much that I couldn't wait to go back. I tried to skip past clearing my mind, and it ended horribly. So many thoughts kept popping into my head that I couldn't focus, and that day ended up a failure.

But I learned from that today, and spend a good 10 minutes focusing on an image of grass in my mind. I managed to create just a simple wonderland. Just a dirt and grass landscape spreading as far as the eye can see, and the sun overhead. After about a minute, I found Humphrey, and he led me to a stream that I didn't create. Apparently, he decided to help out a little. We had a little race, ate an apple at a tree I managed to add in, and then just sat and talked for a little bit. He still isn't using his voice, but his image has gotten much clearer in my head. Eventually, we said our goodbyes, and I came back here. But I still have the image of him sitting there in my mind. It's nice to know he's right there if I need him.