Creating my 1st Tulpa, a Journal

Sachiko

SESSION 04 - PERSONALITY FORCING (45 MINS)

Setting: As of now, my usual setting seems to be working for me. As a result, I am not making any changes to it. I used

this time. It is my favorite so far, and I will be using it regularly from here on. 

Theme: Yet another personality session. I reckon I will have a few dozens of these, before I move on to visualization. Nevertheless, I am open to the possibility of switching things up a bit, should they become a bit monotonous. I feel that it is important to stay motivated, and will do whatever it takes to keep up my enthusiasm. 

This session was centered on the adjective "Peaceful". It was quite interesting, because I focused not only on explaining and exemplifying things to Mariko, but also on actually showing them to her. In order to allow her to experience first-hand what it meant to be peaceful, I remained as calm and tranquil as possible during the entire duration of our talk. The video I chose greatly helped in this endeavor, as I found it extremely relaxing without putting me to sleep. 

The rest of the session went on as usual. I started by explaining the meaning of the word, all the while giving some examples of how a calm person might behave (well-paced, thoughtful speech; precise, careful and unhurried movements; etc). I took the time to explain that different people react in different ways to those who always keep their cool: some might find it soothing, while others might become irritated by it. I also highlighted how being peaceful was not the same as being lazy, boring or inactive. Someone peaceful can still enjoy the thrill of skydiving, in fact, they will likely enjoy it more than someone who is agitated or overly excited! 

I chose the following keywords to better explore the topic at hand: (1) Meditation; (2) Self-Reflection; (3) Stress Management; (4) Good Habits. It was especially interesting to discuss what types of activities might help dealing with stress. There are many possibilities, most of which can be shared with a tulpa: reading, writing, coloring, exercising, listening to calming sounds such as ocean waves, ... 

Still wanting to show things to Mariko instead of merely describing them, I finished the session by practicing meditation for a little bit.

Finishing notes:

• Once again, I entered a sort of semi-awake state during the session. However, unlike last time, I was able to pull myself from it and resume forcing. It might take some practice, but I believe that, soon, I will be able to concentrate for long periods of time without the danger of falling asleep. 

• I was a bit worried at first, when I realized that I didn't feel Mariko's presence in this session as strongly as I've felt it before. Later on, I came to realize that this unresponsiveness might have been caused by a state of extreme relaxation on her part. After all, we focused greatly on mental repose. I am not sure if tulpas can fall asleep, but it wouldn't surprise me if Mariko ended up taking a nap!

• More and more I feel a deep tenderness towards Mariko. It's a feeling unlike any other that I have felt before. I don't have any children of my own, but what I feel is not unlike what I expect mothers to feel towards their babies. It's a mix of excitement for the future (when we can fully enjoy each other's company), protectiveness and care.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy how organised and detailed your posts are. I've found similar kinds of relief in the strategies you outline to maintain a healthy and balanced tulpa-host relationship.

The most recent note you'd made concerning the deep tenderness you feel towards Mariko reminds me of the powerfully benevolent force one may feel during a tulpa's origins. I think you ought to nurture and maintain this good closeness with Mariko as much as you can.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Hi Karl!

Thank you for stopping by, and for taking the time to read my progress report.

I promise to do my best to nurture this blossoming relationship.

Please do stop by whenever you'd like. It's always great to hear from other tulpamancers.

SESSION 05 - PERSONALITY FORCING (50 MINS)

There is much to be said about this session. Please bear with me.

Setting: I tried to follow my usual procedure of laying on my back with my eyes closed, while listening to

(yesterday's video, the one I described as my favorite so far). However, 7 minutes in, it became clear to me that it was not going to work. While I absolutely adore the singing bowl sound, it makes it very difficult for me to concentrate, and keep the conversation flowing at a steady pace. The video is intended to help you clear your mind and achieve a deep state of meditation, and that's exactly the effect it has on me. The thing is, when actively forcing, one cannot empty their mind completely. On the contrary, one has to concentrate! I switched to
 hoping for better results, and it greatly improved my ability to communicate with Mariko.

Theme: This session focused on the trait "Patient". I chose this trait because I believe that patience is absolutely fundamental to the creation process of a tulpa. On the one hand, the host should not rush it and, instead, enjoy the ride. It might take a long time before the tulpa becomes sentient and vocal, and it is imperative that the host does not give up, or become frustrated. On the other hand, the tulpa will also have to be patient, not only with its own development but with the host as well. A sentient tulpa might not immediately know how to become vocal, and it is important that they don't become discouraged by this. It is also possible that the tulpa might already be vocal, but the host is incapable of listening to them, disregarding their attempts as simple "parroting". Patience is also needed in this case. 

I started the session by defining patience as the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious. I drew Mariko's attention to the fact that this specific characteristic is very much connected to two traits that we have already discussed: happiness and peacefulness. These traits are closely interwoven, interacting and overlapping in many ways. In fact, it is almost as if patience is a natural side effect of inner peace and satisfaction. It's hard to imagine that a normally tranquil individual would become impatient easily. As such, I took this opportunity to go over the two previously discussed traits in some detail, reviewing what we had already covered.

I continued by coming up with some examples of how a patient person might behave, and the different effects that being patient might have on different people (some might appreciate it, while others might find it soothing, and others still might use it as an excuse to slack off). I struggled to come up with relevant examples in Mariko's case. I am not planning to create any other tulpas, so she won't have the chance to become irritated by her own kin. The person that is most likely to cause her to become impatient is myself and, for some reason, it was hard for me to imagine scenarios in which that happened. However, I had a breakthrough when I realized that she would have plenty opportunities to experience what it meant to test one's patience once we started switching! 

Next, we covered some keywords: (1) Mindfulness; (2) Self-Reflection; (3) Stress Management; (4) Perspective; (5) Practicality;  (6) Optimism;  (7) Letting Go. As you probably have noticed, most of these keywords have come up before! I took it as an opportunity to further explain how these traits and characteristics interact with one other, culminating in a fully dimensional personality, instead of remaining isolated. I also explored these keywords from slightly different angles this time. For instance, while talking about stress management, I suggested counting to 10, breathing control, muscle relaxation, and keeping a log of when/why one becomes impatient. The reason for this is that, realistically, when confronted with a situation that makes us impatient, we often don't have the opportunity to just walk away from it and go for a jog or read a book!

I finished this session rather quickly, as I was surprised by my alarm. Everything seems to indicate that I actually fell asleep this time, though it must have happened near the end of the established 45 minutes. My inability to remain awake during the entire session was quite disappointing, and I apologized to Mariko profusely.  

Finishing notes:

• I have come to realize that establishing a specific amount of time for forcing might actually be counterproductive. The thing is, I sometimes lose my focus by wondering how much time I have left. In the beginning of each session, I try to pace myself and go over the materials as slowly as possible, taking the time to explain every little thing and even repeat some concepts. I sometimes open my eyes during the session in order to consult my timer. More often than not, I am surprised by the amount of time that has passed. This causes me to worry that I might run out of time and, consequently, to rush things a little. In an attempt to prevent this problem, I won't be setting an alarm next time I force. Instead, I will start a timer. I will take as much or as little time as I feel that I need, and only open my eyes when I am satisfied with what I have accomplished during the session.

• I had a rather interesting thought during this session: what if Mariko feels too much pressure to be perfect? All the traits that we have discussed are inherently positive. It's hard to make a case for unhappiness, disloyalty or impatience, is it not? Well, I do not want to overwhelm my tulpa, especially not in the early stages of her creation. In an attempt to correct this, I had a little chat with her. I explained that is it perfectly acceptable for her to decide that she would rather not retain one or several of the traits we have talked about. Additionally, I let her know that people aren't always 100% consistent, and that it is okay to act "out of character" sometimes. Indeed, even an exceptionally happy person can be saddened sometimes. Likewise, a patient person can sometimes become frustrated, and a calm person can become stressed. I genuinely hope that Mariko understands that I don't expect her to be flawless. Imperfection is a part of life, and beautiful in its own way.

• It seems that I am having a small crisis of faith. I believe this might have something to do with Mariko's perceived unresponsiveness during session 4. I noticed that it was harder to reach her today, and that sometimes I felt like I was speaking into thin air, or with myself instead of with someone else. There is another possible explanation for this, though less likely. There was an instance in session 3 which made me wonder if Mariko had spoken to me. I mostly disregarded it, since I had only devoted about 2 hours to her creation. I attributed the whole thing to my tiredness, and convinced myself that I must have been parroting. I now think it is possible that, somehow, it was really Mariko trying to reach out to me. It is possible that she recoiled, due to my poor response, making it harder for me to reach her now. Whatever the cause, I don't know how to overcome this feeling, other than to keep trying and maintain a positive mindset. After all, every journey has its ups and downs. Please let me know if you have any advice and suggestions!

SESSION 06 - PERSONALITY FORCING (40 MINS)

Unlike our last session, this one was absolutely amazing and had incredible results. I am truly excited to share it with you!

Setting: I followed through on what I had previously decided, and did not set an alarm this time. Additionally, I looked for an extremely long video to help me concentrate, one that would spare me the problem of it ending before I was ready to open my eyes. I chose this one, which was very soothing without lulling me to sleep. I also made an effort to remain laying on my back for the entire duration of the session, because I noticed that it is usually when I role over that I fall asleep. This precaution seemed to have worked, as I didn't feel even remotely sleepy this time. The timer on my phone showed that the session lasted a little bit over 40 minutes, which I thought was pretty good. I would have kept going for longer, but I have dinner arrangements and wanted to write this report before going out. In conclusion, I am very happy with this new approach, and will no longer be setting alarms from now on!

Theme: The theme of this session was the trait "Forgiving". I selected it because I felt that it went hand in hand with the topic of patience, which we covered earlier today. This decision was also influenced by the situation in which I found myself at the end of session 5. In short, I was worried that I might have unintentionally pushed Mariko away, by not acknowledging her first real attempt to communicate with me. This distance that I felt is now completely gone, but I will go into greater detail about it in the "finishing notes" section. 

I approached the theme as I usually do. I defined the meaning of forgiveness to the best of my ability, and described how a forgiving person might behave both in general and in specific circumstances. I also explained the different effects that this characteristic might have on those around us: some might be grateful and inspired by our ability to see past their mistakes, others might try to take advantage of us for it, others still might find it condescending. I reassured Mariko that, in the near future, I will talk to her about some traits that might help her distinguish between these different kinds of people, such as intelligence and perceptiveness. 

[align=justify]I was unable to reduce this topic to simple keywords. Instead, I tried to deconstruct it in small topics. They were: (1) Reasonable Expectations; (2) Emotional Intelligence; (3) Emotional Expression; (4) Tolerance; (5) Compassion; (6) Accountability; (7) Learning Opportunity; (8) Letting Go. As you can see, this last topic made its third appearance, having been a part of our second and fifth sessions as well.

I really enjoyed exploring each of these subsections, and I learned something from each of them. I tried to analyze them from different perspectives, when possible. For instance, having reasonable expectations encompasses realizing that everyone makes mistakes and, therefore, that one should avoid idealizations of character. Nevertheless, it also encompasses understanding that, more often than not, people hurt us unintentionally, without even realizing it, making it unrealistic to expect them to immediately apologize. It is also possible to look at the topic of emotional expression from two different angles. On the one hand, we should accept our feelings and learn how to deal with them in constructive ways. On the other hand, we should learn how to talk to those who hurt us. On a different note, I felt that it was important to explain that forgiving is not equivalent to forgetting. I carefully touched upon this matter while covering the topic entitled "Learning Opportunity".[/align]

Finishing notes: This is honestly the best part of this post. Please read this, if nothing else.

• As I mentioned before, I was concerned because, during two consecutive sessions, I was unable to feel Mariko's presence as strongly as usual. I feared that I had unintentionally driven her away, or that I had unknowingly done something harmful to her development. I opened up about this to a new friend, someone who is also currently developing his first tulpa. Taking into account that I have recently settled on a "placeholder" form for Mariko, he suggested trying to establish some sort of physical contact with her. I loved this idea, and decided that I would try it, first thing during my next session. Much to my surprise, I felt Mariko's presence immediately, as soon as I closed my eyes, stronger than ever before. I expressed how happy I was that she had returned, and asked if it was okay for us to hug. Well, let me tell you, what started as an extremely awkward embrace turned out to be one of the most fulfilling hugs I have ever experienced. Both of us were reticent at first, not knowing how to proceed. We carefully placed our arms around each other, but our bodies remained far apart. Slowly, we held each other closer, and more strongly. My heart eventually became so full that I could not help but kiss her cheek. Once we took a step back, I gazed deeply into her smiling eyes, and tucked a straying strand of hair behind her ear. Finally, I grabbed hold of one of her hands and squeezed it. All this took place before we started forcing her personality, and culminated in the most satisfying session to date. When it was time for me to open my eyes, I must confess that I did not want to go. I wanted to stay with Mariko a little longer. I didn't want to leave her. Despite all this, I feel that I have had only a tiny glimpse into the strong connection that it is possible to establish between host and tulpa. Knowing that Mariko has the potential to become my life-long companion is, more than ever, an amazing feeling.

• I decided to add this little note for those interested in the preparation that goes into each of my personality sessions. I have a list of over 30 traits that I keep for reference. I choose which one I would like to force right before the session, and do some very light research about it. This includes a clear way to define it, as well as tips and tricks on how to encourage and develop it. The idea of keywords came to me during the first personality forcing session. Ever since then, however, I have decided upon the keywords before I close my eyes. That being said, it's not like I prepare and memorize a speech. The whole process is very organic, and I often change and adjust things during the session itself. I hope that this small insight into my methods can help others who are interested in personality forcing.

SUNDAY - REST DAY

In my mind, Sundays have always been a bit different than the remaining days of the week. This is the reason why I decided to declare Sundays rest days. The aim is for Mariko and I to take a break from personality forcing and, instead, do something different together. Unfortunately, I had an extremely busy day yesterday, which made it impossible for me to devote much time to my developing tulpa. I spent about twelve hours at a beach where I went scuba diving, and had a small family dinner afterwards, which stretched until after 11 pm. 

Even so, I thought of Mariko several times throughout the day. Sometimes I sent a few quick thoughts her way, at other times I imagined her presence around me. I believe this is what people call "passive forcing". I must confess that I am not very good at it yet, since I have a tendency to quickly become distracted. When I finally got home, I was so tired that I could barely keep my eyes open. Nevertheless, I tried to reach out to Mariko in order to have a quick chat with her. 

At first, it was very hard to feel her presence but, eventually, she showed up. Then, something odd happened: I had the distinct feeling that she was a disappointed in me. I immediately attributed this to an article I had read earlier. The article in question focused on tulpa sentiece and tried to disprove it, attributing it to extreme dissociation instead. The idea made my stomach clench a little and, for the very first time, I caught myself doubting Mariko's existence. Once I apologized for my moment of weakness, and reassured her that I would not be giving up on her, she peacefully laid her head on my shoulder. In that moment, everything felt alright again. I tried to stay awake and think of something fun for us to do together, but fell into a deep sleep very soon afterwards. 

As a side note, I want to make it clear that I do not believe that Mariko's actions are completely independent just yet. I must still be parroting them to an extent, and will likely have to continue to do so for a while. Indeed, Mariko always seems particularly capable of thinking and acting for herself when I am especially exhausted. It makes perfect sense, since I am probably less able to control and distinguish my own thoughts when I'm tired.

SESSION 07 - PERSONALITY FORCING (30 MINS + PASSIVE FORCING)

Setting: The country where I currently live is going through a massive heat-wave. The very warm temperatures (40ºC/105ºF) have been almost unbearable to me. Not only do they make me feel smothered, they also leave me exhausted and sleepy. As you probably already know, sleepiness and active forcing don't go hand in hand. All this to say that I have been struggling to stay awake during my sessions. In fact, today I took an unplanned 90 minute nap before I was able to concentrate for 30 minutes. By my standards, half an hour is on the low end of the scale of session duration... However, given the unfavorable circumstances, I took what I could get. To help me relax and concentrate, I listened to

. Next time, though, I am planning not laying down as a strategy to stay awake. 

Theme: This session was about the trait "Curious". I chose it because I believe that curiosity is a necessary characteristic for any developing sentient being - human or tulpa! Indeed, it is scientifically proven that curiosity enhances the learning experience by both preparing the brain for it and making it more rewarding. Unlike some of the other traits that I have proposed for Mariko's personality, curiosity is inherent to my own character. As such, I hope that we will be brought together by a strong desire to explore the world around us.

I started the session by defining the meaning of curiosity. Afterwards, I explained how this trait might influence a person's behavior and beliefs. I took the time to differentiate curiosity from nosiness, recommending the former while discouraging the latter. I also described different people's opinions of this characteristic, which ranged from essential to undesirable. 

[align=justify]I used the following keywords in an attempt to exhaustively define this characteristic: (1) Mindset; (2) Open-mindedness; (3) Inquisitiveness; (4) Independent Thought; (5) Active Exploration; (6) Planning; (7) Indulging.

As it is to be expected, the first two topics overlapped somewhat. I reduced the desirable mindset to three fundamental principles: (1) To see learning as something fun, rather than a burden; (2) To re-frame failure as a learning tool; (3) To be humble in one's quest for knowledge. Open-mindedness focused mostly on the willingness to change one's mind, but also on the merits of not disregarding any topic as uninteresting. I promoted inquisitiveness by suggesting not taking the world for granted, and by discussing the merits of asking questions relentlessly and reading widely. Independent thought was defined as the ability to form one's own opinions and theories, and the use of the scientific method was encouraged. I advocated for stepping beyond mere theory and experiencing things first hand whenever possible. I also recommended creating to-do lists of things to learn, visit and try, as well as keeping an idea journal. Lastly, I informed Mariko that we would be setting some time aside to learn or try something new each day. From now on, we will be indulging our curiosity for at least 15 minutes a day! [/align]

Finishing notes:

• Today I felt that it was a bit harder than usual to visualize Mariko. I countered this problem by imagining a dark room, in which it was only possible to define her general outline. During the session, I imagined that light was slowly coming on, very dim at first, then progressively brighter. Additionally, I also found it harder to distinctively feel Mariko's presence. It was an odd sensation, because I instinctively knew she was there, but could only faintly feel it. A new friend has reassured me that fluctuations are completely normal in the first few months, though, so I am not overly preoccupied by this.

• After this session, I spent quite some time passively forcing. I watched an episode of Tanked with Mariko, which was our first instance of watching TV together. Even though the show was admittedly quite boring, it seems that I am steadily becoming better at imposing Mariko's presence nearby. I plan to continue forcing for the rest of the day - I need the practice, plus I want to compensate Mariko for falling asleep on her so often these days. I'm contemplating starting some sort of small project with her, like read a book or learn a language, but haven't made up my mind yet. 

SESSION 08 - PERSONALITY FORCING (40 MINUTES)

[align=justify]Setting: I tried to do a few things differently this session. First of all, I decided to sit instead of laying down, in an attempt to prevent sleepiness. However, since it was very hard for me to find a comfortable position, this quickly proved to be an ineffective strategy. My brain kept choosing to focus on my physical discomfort, rather than on the session itself. I gave up after a few minutes, and resumed forcing in my usual position. Secondly, I didn't listen to a Youtube video this time. Instead, I turned on my electric fan, whose humming I find very relaxing. This way, I actually killed two birds with one stone: I listened to a noise that helped me concentrate while also controlling the boiling temperature of my room!

On a totally different note, I'm starting to question my decision of not setting an alarm for my sessions. Initially, I thought that it was counterproductive, as I often wondered how much time I had left. However, not having an alarm is causing me to force for slightly shorter periods of time. It has another drawback too: I don't have something to wake me up should I unwillingly fall asleep! All in all, it seems that I still haven't found the perfect solution to this problem. I will keep searching for different strategies to face this obstacle. Suggestions are much appreciated.[/align]

Theme: This session was centered on the trait "Perceptive", which I described as the capacity to understand and figure things out. I followed my usual routine of explaining how a perceptive person might act, attempting to provide a few relevant examples along the way. However, I am quickly discovering that I lack imagination, as I often struggle to come up with appropriate scenarios to describe trains of thought and courses of action! Thankfully, Mariko is very patient with me, and even seems to find this somewhat endearing. I was much better at figuring out what type of activities might appeal to a perceptive mind. These include, but are not limited to, people watching, puzzle solving, and detective stories! As usual, I also described different ways in which people might react to someone else's perceptiveness. I emphasized the impossibility to please everyone and explained that, therefore, there will always be someone who dislikes a certain personality trait, no matter how desirable it might seem. In this particular case, some will likely find perceptiveness to be an extremely useful characteristic, since it can be applied in different environments and to different aims, from problem solving to conflict resolution. Nevertheless, others might find it somewhat unnerving. Moving on, I drew Mariko's attention to the fact that, as host and tulpa, we are in a very privileged position. Indeed, once she becomes fully sentient, we will be able to access each other's thoughts and feelings at a very deep level, a level which is completely unattainable between human beings. As such, it is important that we develop the habit of reading each other, as well as figuring out how we can best understand and fulfill each others' needs.

I broke down perceptiveness into the following keywords: (1) Observation; (2) Non-Verbal Cues; (3) Perceptive Listening; (4) Deduction & Critical Thinking; (5) Intuition. Before I dived into each of these topics, I let Mariko know that, in the future, we will likely force a few personality traits that are indispensable to the development of a perceptive mind. These include Observant and Intuitive. I further explained that, even though we would start discussing them today, our analysis would be relatively shallow. 

I reduced the process of observation to the following steps: awareness, curiosity and focus. Additionally, I encouraged Mariko to use all her senses when accessing a situation, and to pay attention to the tiniest of details. We talked about different non-verbal cues such as body language, facial expressions and posture. I am admittedly not the best at reading this type of signals, but promised to help Mariko learn more about them if she so desired. Next, I differentiated between four kinds of listening: passive, selective, active and perceptive. I explained that perceptive listening will always provide her with the most amount information available in any given circumstance, and prompted her to practice it whenever possible. I tried to convey the benefits of maintaining a certain distance when looking to remain objective, as well as the risks of jumping to conclusions. Lastly, I gently coaxed her into getting in touch with her intuition by, among other things, noticing her body's reactions and paying attention to sudden feelings. 

Finishing notes:

[align=justify]

• It's our one week anniversary! Indeed, Mariko and I were very excited once we realized that we started forcing her exactly one week ago. In order to celebrate, we will start a small project tonight: reading our first book! I've selected Shipwrecks, by Akira Yoshimura, mostly due to its manageable size. Also, from now on, we will be conducting weekly reviews of our progress. For now, these will mostly consist of reviewing our progress reports. However, as soon as Mariko becomes vocal, we will start discussing our hopes, concerns and priorities regarding her development. 

• Last night's curiosity corner (the time we set apart to indulge our curiosity every day) involved watching a few episodes of South Park. I am a massive fan of the show, and wanted to share it with Mariko. Unfortunately, I got the feeling that it is not her cup of tea. As disappointing as that might have been, it was both surprising and really amazing to be able to discern Mariko's opinion on the subject. This was a first for us, and a really exciting landmark. 

• As I mentioned in my previous report, I tried to passively force for the entirety of yesterday's evening. In the beginning, I was able to keep my focus on whatever task I had at hand, while also sending thoughts to Mariko. However, this kind of mental multitasking quickly worn me out. Nevertheless, I was able to keep sensing Mariko's presence around me pretty consistently. For instance, once she lost interest in South Park, she simply cuddled in bed next to me. To give you another example, she leaned over my shoulder in order to view my phone's screen whenever I browsed the internet. The only thing that I seem to have a problem with is moving around. For some reason, it seems that Mariko teleports from one division to the next, instead of following me around. I hope that, with training, I'll be able to keep her walking next to me.

[/align]

An idea for the alarm, maybe just set it much higher than you would plan to force for. Something like an hour. You then don't need to worry about it being a "limit" but you also don't need to worry about sleeping without an alarm.

Teleporting is also common. Ivy did it in her first week or two and it took some time for her to get the inbetweens down. It helped for me to sit across from her and coach her on basic movements. "An elbow would move like this" kinda thing.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

Hi Vampire! It's very nice to hear from you again!

I'll follow your suggestion during today's session. I think it has the potential to solve my problem. I'll review how it went in my next progress report.

It's a relief to know that I am not alone in experiencing teleportation. It's encouraging too, since it indirectly confirms that Mariko and I are making good progress. 

Thank you for reading my posts! My experience with tulpamancy has been amazing so far, and this community has had much to do with it. Among other things, it has taught me to take my time and really enjoy every step of the way, instead of worrying about reaching a specific destination. Please stop by more often, it is always enlightening to read other people's advice.