Last person to post with a sentence longer than the previous poster WINS!

Douglas

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lance don't worry, I'm not offended or anything. My secret weapon isn't copy + paste though.

In retrospect, I'm not sure how useful my secret weapon would be, but I'm not telling you what it is regardless (unless I end up using it).

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

This is just crazy... and coincides with me reading a book 'chitty chitty bang bang' by ian flemming, which is a real book, a book he wrote for his kids, which is crazy hard to read because it's full of paragraphs that are giant, run-on sentences, kind of like some of the post here, which reminds of reading thai, something that is impossibly hard for my American eyes because there's like absolutely zero punctuation and I am still learning words, but in thai there is no space between words, which is absolutely nuts and it amazes me people can learn to read thai, which has something like 48 letter, and each letter is a word in itself, which is meaningful, but the word changes with the next letter, and it makes you wonder if you just keep adding letters to a paragraph, does it mean you changed the word of the word of the word that is created with each new sound, and when consider that each word in thai is itself complicated further by tonal qualities, it just adds to the indecipherability of complex, run on word sentences phrases, like for example, 'Ma' a simple phonetic spelling of the word mother could also be 'dog' or 'poop' or horse just by change how you say the A sound, and my four year old son can say it correctly, but I say it and everyone laughs, because I clearly was talking about his mother but said dog or horse, but they don't really laugh if I say poop, they just look at you like you're crazy, because they know you speak like a baby and weren't being disparaging, you sound insane, and it's completely different than Korean, though I can't really address Korean, other than I like their food, but the connection to long run on sentences that leave you breathless is also here, due to this flashback to an episode of M.A.S.H, which is in California, but is set in Korea, and Winchester, I think he was high on drugs, wrote something for Hawkeye to read which was pages long, and Hawkeye exclaims it's like one sentence, which also reminds that exercises like these remind me of 'flight of ideas' a medical term for people who are experiencing tangential thoughts, and tangential thoughts is not a nice place to get stuck in, because you can go on for days, in circles, and though you yourself may have an idea where you are and what you are saying, you are completely incoherent to everyone around you and they say you're ambiguous but really, I think they're out of focus because they're not in sync with your reality, and most people aren't cause if you listen to our narrative and interrupt with a question, we may answer the question but then we go right back into our scripts, the narratives that fortify our realities, and some of our realities our really cool, except for that universe where Glen was killed, because I liked Glen and wished Rick had died, and I even think they run a spin off where Glen is alive and Rick died and show how much better that world would be, even it if turned out to be just one long tangential movement, of endlessly repeating themes, and words, like this game where we try to write the longest sentence ever in competition with the other person who may have more clarity and insight, and even a better ability to deliver without too many 'ands' and 'buts' because some of that could just be annoying, but rather to do it and say something meaningful, as if you just walt whitmand, that would be really cool, but I am tired and now and don't want to channel Whitman, and I am not really medium, except I channel Loxy, which is a really good station to tune into, if you're ever interested, better than BBC, though I do like programing, there seasons are funny, which weird because I don't know I got here, so I better stop this rambling before I go mad, that's british mad, not the American mad, which could be the same thing, but only if it's Disney who is bringing back marry Poppins by the way, and this is really way too long and off topic... Breathe...

I was waiting for you to find this thread... And put that in quotes so it counts!

EDIT: I ran the word count of that in word and it's roughly 120 words short of the winner. If you add just 120 more words, you will get the winning title...for now.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

I still win. Because to win is to feel like a winner, and oh boy do i feel it now, because i would both be too embarrassed (ya me) and too paranoid that i would sound annoying. This game is one of those endurance trials, and i hate endurance trials, because at the end you're wiped out and i don't want to wipe myself out.  That's all. Oh and i also like periods.

somehow, adding a 120 words after a submission feels like cheating, and I should have known I was a coming up a dollar short and a day late, or something like that... and I am done. :) Angry bear wins, paws down!

I gotta win something eventually, it's simple statistics. The true winners never give up.

Guest Reilyn-Alley

I never said I wouldn't try this. I am hyper and happy and bouncy and I can go on till the browser or Lance's fingers break [please don't].

"I was gonna try this, then I read the rules and I'm like 'oh, so the last poster wins' and I am like, yaaay, won another game, awesomesauce (awesomesauce is not in spell checkers by default so it is just sitting here nagging me like 'make better life choices, raaaawr' and I am just rolling my eyes going 'spell checker dude, you do you and I will do me and if you really want to be all 'you are wrong waaah wah (which is  sort of what Waluigi says (a funny little parody character based off Luigi instead of Mario, like Wario (who has achieved more mainstream popularity, partially from his own little Wario Ware Inc (which is like a bunch of random quick challenge minigames thrown into your face quickly and require fast adaptation and reflexes to keep winning) but also from his own game, which I do not know the title of off the top of my mind [super Mario Land 3 or 4 or something maybe] and did you know a lot of people want Waluigi added to Smash Brothers (a cool Nintendo fighting game I know a bunch of you know about and even play (I can hardly wait to play it too, when it comes out this December, Lance already has it pre-ordered and paid for so we just have to go and pick it up [i am actually thinking of taking a day off from work when it comes out, I have time, hmm] and I think it will be fun, or at least I hope it will be and we can even play it together with a lot of you guys if yo all want (oh my gawd, we could, like form our own tournaments and stuff and play eight player matches and try playing with items on or items off and all the fun stages and there are so many characters to try out (they are doing a big fourty minute Nintendo Treehouse (Nintendo's name for a video information dump) event talking all about smash and since the guy who made it [sakurai sensei] said something like 'all characters will be revealed before the game comes out', and it comes out December 7th, this should be the big one, I can hardly wait and I know Lance is excited about it [i am indeed]) and I wonder how many hours we will end up putting into it) though seriously, I think Waluigi is just kind of a gimmick, like they decided to make a sorta evil mirror Mario so why not an evil Mirror Luigi too, honestly though, after reading all the fan comments about it and the pros and cons of his inclusion he seems kinda overrated (yeah I said it), not that I would be mad if he was included because more characters (yay) are always great but seriously, if they are going that far they may as well add Waddle Dee and other things from Kirby as their own seperate characters as well) so I thought of showing the smug auto correction who was boss, you know, by right clicking and adding awesomesauce to it but then I had to consider that I was sitting here fronting at work and maybe I should not be adding weird words and stuff but honestly I already look up cute pictures like Pinkie Pie while I am fronting here so people probably already think Lance is a brony or something [not to my knowledge] but that is an entirely separate issue unrelated to this entire giant run on sentence (like, it has actually gotten a bit challenging to go back through here and try and make sure I have the right amount of parenthesis to open and close all these little mini thoughts, so even I am getting lost in my own ramblings but that is ok, it is not like the rules said the sentence had to be good, accurate or the grammar correct, because otherwise I do not honestly think this would be much of a competition), which if you notice, I have been making sure to not abbreviate anything and push the words out a bit for, you know, some extra padding), but a different rule said to ignore all posts that broke rules, which a whole lot do because they are not in quotes so if I go look at the last one in quotes I am like 'whoa no way I'm beating that thing, cuz it is all freaking huge and I can go on and on because talking is fun and everything but that is waaay too much for me, or maybe any not-super-bored person to try to beat' and thinking about that got me wondering something close to 'Rei, girl, if you got in the mood to just blab and blab and never shut up like those stereotypical teenage girls, what would it be like and how long could you go on doing it' which was more of a statement than a question because well, I just figured I would type a liitle bit to see where it would go and where my thoughts would take me and then I was pretty much like 'whoa this is easy and thoughts just keep pouring and pouring into my head and everything is interconencted and I could just ramble on and on all day long and I probably would too because it is FUN to talk to everyone' and unlike Lance, I do not really care i people ACTUALLY go through the time and trouble to read this because it was fun to write and existing is fun too and typing to you all is fun too and maybe I need to get this out of my system but I just noticed that my typing speed is actually GETTING FASTER when this is coming out so for some reason I am getting more and more excited and I really do wonder how long I could keep going because honestly it is starting to remind me of a rhythm game, when my fingers just fly over the controls and I just bamidy bamidy clicky click and knock out songs because I really get in to the grooove of it, there is totally a party in my heart and in that case a party in my fingers and I am feeling that a bit right now as my fingers just fly and I pretty much just blab on endlessly because oh my gawd, I could just go on and on and as I am sure you have noticed, I already HAVE gone on for quite a while but I think (for the mst part) my thoughts are more or less still connected into something coherent, even if it is kind of like, whatever that saying is that thing I can not remember [diarrhea of the mouth I think] but apparently Lance feels the need to inject his thoughts into this big 'ol wall of party and fun but I do not really mind, after all we are a team and that is really cool that we can do that and he can help complete my thoughts (not that I am not my own person who can not complete my own thoughts, and THAT is perhaps a conversation for a different time, though I am pretty sure all of you know what I mean) but it is still nice, like we are a set of twins or super close friends who can finish each other's sentences, which is, once again, awesomesauce (and there the spell checker goes again, nagging me, but I am at his work so I have to contain the urge to slap it, or at least I think I do, maybe I actually do not, now that I think of what could even go wrong), so maybe I should point out for anyone still hanging on that none of this was about proving anyone right or wrong or anything else and I love you all and actually, this big beefy wall may have spared all of you a LOT of random rambling throughout the day [good grief, stop you are going to give us repeated motion injury], but (before I was so rudely interrupted) I totally could go on and on, there is nothing stopping me (unless there is some kind of hard character limit to a post on this forum but we have read some pretty bulky guides so I guess not) although on an interesting note, the letters are actually starting to slow down and delay in their entry, so am I choking the forum up or is it maybe the extra word counter tab I have going on in the background like constantly re-reading and recounting the number of words (nope, not it, I closed that tab and things are STILL starting to lag, seriously, INPUT LAG, I may actually be close to crashing either my browser or the post reply box here) but that doesn't seem to be the case, I think I am dangerously close to crashing my browser or something here so I will make sure to copy and paste the whole thing before I hit 'post reply' just in case the whole thing dies, I mean seriously, I slowed down my typing speed to watch how long it takes the words I am typing to enter and they are lagging like I was doing a voice to text thing and speaking one clear words at a time so I better cut it off and call it done, riiiiiight about NOW."

Sooo... There's my entry. 1,600 words. Neeeext! As I mentioned near the end of that block of stuff I think I nearly crashed the browser or something, I started getting input lag.

Suddenly, writing 2000 words an hour during the creation of my novels doesn't feel like such an accomplishment.