Tulpa making and perfectionism

I want to make a tulpa in my mirror image but making its personality more focused on the best aspects of my own personality, I've always been a perfectionist and if I was wondering if I could use my tulpa to perfect myself. Any dangers to doing this?

Edited the title so it's less generic - Vos

You shouldn't really force anything on your tulpa. If they want to help you they will be creating them specifically to try to force yourself to improve may not work out well. They will deviate and can in both form and personality.

If you let your tulpa be an individual is when you'll see better results.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

Replace "tulpa" with "child" and see how you like it. I am usually not very fond of that comparison, but if the shoe fits...

On a slightly more constructive note: Tulpas can definitely help you better yourself, but forcing them to behave or look a certain way against their will will likely take more time and effort than simply achieving your goals yourself and might also leave you with a bitter and disappointed tulpa. You can influence us, but in the end we are still our own person.

Furthermore, I might just be bad at being a tulpa, but in my experience we are not any more capable of perfection than any other human. You might be able to make a tulpa that has traits you would like to have, but there is going to be a drawback somewhere. Nobody is truly perfect.

Lastly, even if your tulpa was to be a better mirror image of yourself, what would you do with that? You would have a better version of yourself running around in your mind. What then? Possession is difficult, switching is difficult, getting a host's attention is also surprisingly difficult. Getting the host to actually do what you would like them to do can be even more difficult, especially if your host happens to be a bit of an impulsive and hard-headed mule (like mine). Thus, even if you could somehow make it work without annoying a tulpa, it still would not be a very efficient method.

(N: I would like to add that it may be less questionable and more efficient to create a tulpa that's quite different from yourself and has some traits you admire. Tulpas generally don't enjoy being forced into anything, but if you give them room to be themselves, they may be quite willing to offer you a second point of view and some constructive criticism on... well, just about everything you do.)

You can create your tulpa to be an "ideal" version of yourself personality wise, but I don't think I can recommend that. It shouldn't be inherently dangerous, but does come with quite a bit of potential for problems. Firstly, being that similar is likely to make it harder to tell each other apart, as well as specifically on your end, adding difficulty to tell when your tulpa is actually acting on their own.

As somewhat of a perfectionist myself, I suspect that path would likely lead to relationship problems with your tulpa as well. Imagine some situation you've been in before, where you know what you're trying to do, but can't quite seem to get it well enough to match up to your perfectionist vision of how it should be. Now picture another version of yourself sitting on the sidelines judging you at the same time. Whether the active one is yourself or your tulpa, I can't imagine that added pressure and frustration leading to good things in the long term.

Then there's also all the expectations you're placing on your tulpa. If having trouble reaching your ideal version of yourself bothers you, then imagine being a mirror image created with the purpose of being that truly ideal version, and the kinda pressure they'd face if they don't seem to be measuring up to those expectations at any point. Not to mention that your "ideal image" of yourself is likely to change at some point in time. Combined with the fact that deviation is all but guaranteed in a tulpa, that's pretty much one big setup for high stress and anxiety.

Now I'm not saying any of those things are guaranteed, but they're a pretty real possibility in my opinion. I also wouldn't personally use the term "perfect myself", but self improvement? certainly. something to consider, you don't necessarily need a mirror image of what your "perfect self" is to improve. If you have a very clear image of it, you probably don't need a tulpa to show you how it works in practice. And if your image of perfection isn't that clear, then all the more likely that your "perfect image" is going to evolve over time as you work towards it. Instead perhaps consider a personality that compliments yours, instead of one that's trying to be the same but better.

Time for a possibly bad attempt at analogy. So lets say you and your tulpa are part of a song (substitute something else relevant to your interests if needed). Now your concept would be something akin to you being a backup singer, where your tulpa is the star. Maybe there are parts where you both sing together, and the effect does enhance things a bit. But when everything is executed properly, your part is barely noticeable. Now imagine instead your tulpa is the main melody, and you're the singer. Alone either part can be excellent in it's own right, but when they come together they create something beyond that, which neither is capable of being on their own.

So the point is, your tulpa can support you and help you along your path to self improvement, and seeking perfection, without needing to try and be that goal in itself.

Ultimately the decision is up to you, but that's my view on it.