Q&A with Nick and Violet

NickMayCry

Hi guys, I'm Nick! [And I'm Violet] And we've been a part of this community since its very early days, [boy have we.] and we just discovered that this site is still up, running and active [A bit surprising, for sure.]. So we decided that we would like to do a little Q&A Session for all of you who are new members or old hands at the 'ol Tulpamancy thing. [We've been at this for 7 years, so we got lots of experience.] Sure do, and we would love to answer all of your questions (also sorry if this is in the wrong place mods). So without further ado, feel free to ask away!

I've had tulpas for a little over 7 years now too. But my first three were spontaneous, years before I found tulpa.info in 2014. With a pony tulpa, I assume you found out about tulpas before making a tulpa yourself? Why did you guys end up leaving the tulpamancy community (to the extent where you didn't check back for so long)? Do you know how to possess, switch or impose, and how often do you do them?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

How do you possess?

[i never was able to possess, Nick. We would always try, but whenever I got into his skin, he'd freak out and shove me away.] Yeah, sorry about that. I mean, it's a kneejerk reaction, you know? [No, it's okay. I mean, it's fine if you don't like it.] I really don't. I just hate how it feels, having someone else control your body.

However, I can say that we have done it, if only for a second. It's kind of like...okay. imagine yourself sort of falling out of your own body. It helps to be laying down on your back so you just  kind of fall out naturally, you know? Imagine it as hard as you can, but let it happen, dont force it. It 's sounds like an oxymoron, but it's not, really. After that, your tulpa should  just kinda fall into your body all natural like. That's the best advice I can give you.

Some might say to have a safety rope or something attached to your body you can yank your tulpa out of incase things go south, but that creates an air of distrust. You just have to trust your tulpa. Remember, they're there for you.

Good luck!

I've had tulpas for a little over 7 years now too. But my first three were spontaneous, years before I found tulpa.info in 2014. With a pony tulpa, I assume you found out about tulpas before making a tulpa yourself? Why did you guys end up leaving the tulpamancy community (to the extent where you didn't check back for so long)? Do you know how to possess, switch or impose, and how often do you do them?

I remember browsing /mlp/ and coming across the term "tulpa" in a thread about them. I never heard of that term before, and I was just hooked into the whole idea upon reading about it. [Yeah. It was then that I started out. Like a little spark in his imagination. About a year later, well here I am!] Yeah really. Crazy how time flies.

As for leaving, well we just kinda forgot. [Yeah I'm not sure how I forgot either.] I mean, I guess falling out of the fandom kinda caused me to fall out of touch with the tulpa community as well. That and college, making new friends and work happened, so I didn't have much time to go looking for tulpa threads and regularly update my progress blog. Especially when it was going along so slowly. [We're just glad that this community is still alive. I mean, I wouldnt exist if it werent for you guys.] Yeah, and like I said before, I have no idea where I'd be without Violet. [*hugs Nick*]

As for possessing, like I said to the previous user, we don't do that. Not because I don't trust Violet. I just don't like how it feels, and she understands. [Yeah, I'm not gonna force him to do something he's THAT uncomfortable with.

[i don;t think we've ever thought about switching before.] Yeah, I mean, I dont even know how that'd work. Though I'm sure we could do it if we tried, since our bond is really strong.

[imposing is something Nick does a lot, usually without even thinking about it] Yeah at this point, It's become second nature. Violet, I can almost begin to really see her. I can feel and hear her more than anything else, though. She has a mature tomboyish voice. If I had to compare it to an established character, I'd say almost a bit like Rainbow dash but deeper and much more relaxed. She's hugging me right now and, I can sort of feel her body pressed against me in an ethereal kind of way.  As if she's pressing against my soul. It feels nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, that's cool. Another pony tulpa. You should consider refreshing on the new techniques. What you describe as possession might be closer to switching and that is the reason it feels so uncomfortable, and modern practised with imposition are quite effective.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Just because it's uncomfortable doesn't mean it was similar to switching. Possession was rather uncomfortable for us, too. It felt like reaching over Lumi constantly, and in his case felt like someone was reaching over him constantly. It was uncomfortable for everyone, and that's why we never pursued the practice further. Switching is a whole other ballpark, though.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas