Would it be a bad idea for me to base my tulpa's appearance on a real persons looks?

This does not include personality traits or anything else besides appearance and vanity. It shouldn't really matter right? Since there are actually people out there who look exactly the same as each other. I'm asking this out of curiosity.  

Thanks.

You can give them the form of someone in real life but make sure they understand they are not that person. They are free to look how they want to.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

It shouldn't be a problem as long as your tulpa knows they aren't that specific person but are merely just based off of them. Make sure to let your tulpa change things about itself to prevent an identity crisis

The appearance (and first name) of one of mine is based on the actor Karl Urban. But they are not the same, and Karl knows that. He even chose a different last name for himself, to keep the distinction clear. It's more like having a tulpa based on a character that Karl Urban has played in a movie that doesn't exist.

- Lewis

Host/writer of Cas, Timo and Karl

This does not include personality traits or anything else besides appearance and vanity. It shouldn't really matter right? Since there are actually people out there who look exactly the same as each other. I'm asking this out of curiosity.  

Thanks.

I have the looks of someone landon knows I'm basically fine

This is one of the most frequently asked questions. It should probably be on the FAQ, but is usually mentioned in an offhand manner in most of the larger guides. Opinions differ, but the usual rule is it is perfectly okay, provided none of the special cases come up: Replacing a lover, performing necromancy on a family member, you or them becoming confused on if they are the person they are based on.

Note to moderators. Make sure to flag any frequently asked questions you spot in this forum section.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.