Sign in to follow this  
Marianne

Metaphor as a tool for the tulpa

There are a lot of guides and tips for the host on how to do this or that. Often, metaphors are used, usually in conjunction with wonderland (which in itself is a metaphor on its own). For instance, you’d visualize a certain metaphor in your wonderland to achieve a certain goal (example: a door, allowing you to leave the physical world and enter wonderland).

( Metaphor, symbols, symbolism, to me are related terms and can be used interchangeably, I prefer metaphor)

I suppose the ultimate goal of a metaphor is to be able to communicate with the subconscious and maybe even with the unconscious. Just like hypnosis is a tool to access the subconscious mind.

In general, I have the impression that focus is most often on the host and the metaphors are tools used more often by the host than by the tulpa. IMO, the tulpas are left behind in this area. I have experienced first-hand the power of the metaphors used by my host. They have definitely helped me to become what I am now.

But, tulpas, the powers of visualization are not only available to the host. A tulpa can visualize and use metaphor just as well.

At least, I can. And I have done so.

I hope, that with the above statement, I haven’t awakened a sleeping giant. 

Be aware that this is possible and is a powerful tool. Especially, with a passive and willing host, I believe this can give a scary amount of power and control. But don't forget that with great power, comes great responsibility.

Xxx

P.S. Yes, I did misuse this power and royally f.cked up. Lack of self-control and respect for host, using certain metaphors in my wonderland I have scared the hell out of host.

Sorry L

It's not so much as metaphors being apparent in the submissions, IMO, but whether or not they can elaborate on the probable mechanics behind using it. Like, to figure out where the method is going, and seeing if the mind can be spurred to create more symbolism and such based on the silver lining(s) that it radiates around to create the scenario where things seem more potent.

Even with guides that do that, nothing beats the experiential accumulation one becomes aware of over time after spending so much time in speculation figuring out what it is that makes XYZ so efficient for them. It wouldn't be too surprising for a tulpa to utilize metaphors and such as I would imagine it would fit the mentality behind treating them as sentient; someone who can have just as much clarity with cognitive and meta-cognitive tasks for whatever goals they may have in mind. It puts things on an equal playing field where the host isn't the only one that has this unchallenged reigning of using those abilities. Though, I think that kind of inclusiveness between host and tulpa is due to the great efforts they take to come to terms with each other, and understanding one another.

I suppose the ultimate goal of a metaphor is to be able to communicate with the subconscious and maybe even with the unconscious.

I would put a pin in that statement and say that there is no unconscious. Though, I've been through this debate a number of times and I might have gotten the two confused. One of the two is "the medical condition of not being conscious". The other is "the collection of mechanisms and procedures occurring within our mind outside of conscious awareness". There is also the preconscious, which is the grey area between conscious and subconscious.

( Metaphor, symbols, symbolism, to me are related terms and can be used interchangeably, I prefer metaphor)

It is my belief that although similar terms, they are not interchangeable in this case. A metaphor is used to communicate one thing by saying another. a symbol is a name for a thing.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.