Jimmy's Pony Creation Thread. Because you were too unoriginal to make your own.

Guest Anonymous

Question

Guest Anonymous

So, your doing a pony for your tulpa, huh? So am I. But I want to give you some help before you might mess up.

Character

First off, I would advise not basing it off a pony that has much speaking time, like the mane 6, or even a character that gets even a small role or amount of time on air like Mr. Cake. Why? Because you're trying to build it into something it can't be. Tulpas are like snow flakes, none are exactly the same. Due to deviation, or your choice of character traits, a Rainbow Dash tulpa will never be the same as the pony on the show. But everytime it looks at your memory, or sees you watching MLP:FiM, she will be disappointed she didn't be the pegasus you wanted. For my tulpa, I chose Vinyl Scratch. This decision was made not based on what I said above, but through personal choice. For reference for non-bronies/pegasis, she's only appeared a few times, and never spoken on the show. One must note that others have made/are creating tulpas based off characters with fleshed out personalities, even with

knowledge of FAQ's warnings. Bluesleeve, a sometime poster here, is creating a tulpa based off Rainbow Dash. To quote from his blog:

It’s not like I’m talking to myself now, but to Rainbow Dash, she’s kind of there now - like a co-pilot.

I would listen to him in what he says, despite some of his info going against what FAQ says. Link to his tumblr. Something to note that I haven't yet heard of a tulpa being jealous of it's tulpamancer's (read the Glossary) favourite. If you do a Bon Bon (little talk time that I know of) tulpa, but Twilight is your opinion of the best pone, jealousy could occur. Entirely superstition from my perspective.

Visuals

So once you've decided on the form/character, think about the visualization. Do you want a cartoon imposition? Or perhaps you want to have your tulpa similar to this? I took it upon myself to try to do the 2d version. Read the visualization links in the Links section at the top of the page for help. What I did is I printed off a bunch of images of the 2d version from the internet, hole punched them and threw em' in a binder, put paper over them and traced them. This allowed me imagine at least some angles of her body. While forcing, I would imagine Vinyl in my wonderland of sorts, just her amongst blackness. To get the angles, I would spin her around Google Earth style. This is easier to imagine if you're doing a 3d imposition, but some tips if you decided on 2d:

• Few shadows exist in the cartoons, and when they do, they are usually a solid, non blurred shadow (some exceptions: the insides of Rarity's hair and the insides of legs)
  • Depth exists through >implication. Using a picture of Vinyl for reference, you can note the >implied depth in the legs, head and neck. Focus on this while spinning your pony

An issue I had with imagining Vinyl: The nose. While you may imagine it way easier, and not have the same problem I did. But consult the 3d render link from above. The bridge of the nose is rather blocky (perhaps it's the render, but I doubt it), but the pointest part of the nose leads directly into the neck, without any sort of chin, with the mouth in the middle of that. The nose isn't just some blob with two holes on it, and writing this guide has actually helped a bit with understanding the nose. Thanks me!

Notes

Don't create friends for your tulpa. As much as they are buds in the series, you don't want your happy as can be Applejack to get depressed because of the fact she's missing her friends and family. This ties in with the first paragraphs.

Clopping is a bit of an issue as well. To those who didn't migrate from /mlp/ or anywhere pony related, it's fapping to pony Rule 34. Back to the topic, if you've fapped to your precious Lyra taking it up the ass from Braeburn, I'd consider purging that memory. But read on. We aren't fluffy ponies, however, so you can't reset minds. I personally will come clean about everything to Vinyl when the bridge is upon me, and I would suggest the same to you if you don't want to try and forget the memory. Clopping will come up eventually regardless of what you try and do, so I'd come clean. It's your choice though.

Also, something to dwell on for people who have already developed tulpas based off (non) fictional characters: Would your tulpa have suffered identity problems if you simply used the image and not the personality?

Will edit for mistakes if I see them.

• Answers 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The guide's writer's personality shows through into the guide too much, and it has negative frontloading towards certain parts of tulpa which are not good things for a guide to have. Disapproved.

Disapproved. Linkzelda, we can count.

This is to make it easier when scanning the guide submissions later, especially when having to see where to shift it as well. Filtering through 100s of guide submissions, and wondering which ones were reviewed, can be kind of problematic without having some mode of reference for the grind work.

Congratulations on being able to count, though. It would be nice if others that haven't been conscientious of voting in the past could do the same, instead of having submissions stickied for 2-3 weeks.

Do we seriously need a pony tupper guide? Also can't count help.

I don't get the entire Notes section. Well I get clopping but why are we mentioning it here. Guess we better mention in every single tupper guide what to do if you pick a premade form and have fapped to it.

Feels like a bit too personal guide full of personal issues and beliefs. I guess all guides are that to a point, but this one crosses the line. It's more like Jimmy's pony creation thread for Jimmy. Actually, he has a pretty good way of writing guides that seem like they should go to General Discussion, because even this one feels like that somehow. But I guess I'll disapprove here.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Disapproved, Tips or Resources, although may change it to a Blank Vote if you think my argument for Resources is compelling enough.

I'm not qualified to rate this guide as I haven't really visualized many equines, although the large amount of personal biases in the original post is enough to warrant a disapproval.

That said, if this passes, might as well make a few human anatomy guides, maybe a guide on visualizing 2.5D animu girls with the help of 3DCG and so on. I think that sort of stuff may belong in Resources, sort of like a visualization aid for people making tulpas with forms inspired from certain media.