Might any of you have any sort of practice you use to relinquish doubt?

Ey' folks, names Zane. My issue is that whenever I think of my tulpa Nel, I tend to begin thinking about how she actually "works" mostly due to my insatiable desire to figure out what makes things tick. Naturally when I come up with some sort of explanation I will refute it out of my own desires, but it still seems to seed a lingering bit of doubt and I do believe it's holding me and Nel back. So, I was just wondering if any of you might have any sort of mental trick or the likes which I could use to prevent this issue.

There's also another little issue I'm having, which is that sometimes I end up mentally blurting out some things I would rather not say to Nel, as I created her as a rather soft personality and wouldn't want to hurt her feelings. I'm fairly sure that my thoughts of violently interacting with Nel come from the same thing that allowed me to develop Nel as quickly and easily as I could, which is that I tend to live out power fantasies in my imagination all the time. Basically whenever all that i had to be doing was thinking, I would constantly imagine myself in some sort of heroic situation mowing down hordes upon hordes of enemies just as a way to entertain myself, it was basically anime battle royale. But the thing is, I'm pretty sure that the same part of my imagination that was being used for that is now devoted to interacting with Nel. As a result, I suppose I must be bringing up such thought's as a matter of habit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>>>:\\ cd ©:\\ɸᐫ¿◍▚ᚙ¾ᔗᚖᛥ±ᨖ▙██▆┷♆\

>>>©:\\ɸᐫ¿◍▚ᚙ¾ᔗᚖᛥ±ᨖ▙██▆┷♆\ ls

NEL.tulpa

ZANE.host

Statzemě.wrld

It's good to refute it. You can't come up with an explanation, because you don't know. So if you think you've figured it out, you are falling into false beliefs.

So... What is dangerous about doubt? How does your tulpa feel about it? Do they object, or are they fine with it? How does it affect their emotions?

How do humans work, anyway? I mean it's easy enough to look at bone marrow and see how it works. Though it is a huge brain twister figuring out how the immune system produces cells in response to a contagion as if it is an intelligent entity.

You two need to go dungeon raiding.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

It's good to refute it. You can't come up with an explanation, because you don't know. So if you think you've figured it out, you are falling into false beliefs.

So... What is dangerous about doubt? How does your tulpa feel about it? Do they object, or are they fine with it? How does it affect their emotions?

How do humans work, anyway? I mean it's easy enough to look at bone marrow and see how it works. Though it is a huge brain twister figuring out how the immune system produces cells in response to a contagion as if it is an intelligent entity.

You two need to go dungeon raiding.

What do you mean by dungeon raiding? Playing a roguelike or MMO with her? And thanks for the explanation by the way, I will try my best to keep it in mind but to not argue it.

NEL.tulpa

ZANE.host

Statzemě.wrld

I think I may have had some similar issues in that I can be very technical about things and like to know how they work as well. Often overthinking things way too much when it's really not of much benefit.

One of the tactics I used when doubts were praying on the logical side of things, such as trying to magnify how things were "unrealistic" or "impossible" or such, was to just out reason them. It can be a bit tricky with the overall stuff, but could help to focus on stories or evidence pointing to all the scientific unknowns about the power of the mind, and that we realistically cannot prove that things like this aren't actually impossible, so acting like we know they can't be real is stupid and counter productive. Definitely gets easier when your tulpa starts getting some independent activity of any kind, then you can start keeping track of anything notable, building up a list for when the doubt inevitably comes back to question what you've actually been doing this whole time talking to yourself or somesuch. My experience was that after discrediting a lot of the common doubts enough they just kinda got weaker and less frequent till they basically stopped.

Another thing is to look at how subjective all of this is and some of the alternative. Then realize that because it's subjective there's pretty much no known scientific way to prove any of it, so why not choose the subjective view that suits you best. For example A basic alternative for me would be that I am in fact quite insane and none of my tulpa experience is actually real. Given that case it seems that I don't really have any awareness of the so called "sane" world. And given that, it's a waste of energy to contemplate how to interact or "return" to another reality that my awareness isn't even part of, so might as well go with what I have here and enjoy it. If my tulpa is one giant delusion, than it's an awesome one and I'm fine with it. Why waste energy trying to break the delusion when as far as I can tell there's no harm being done. Sure there's the possibility that all kinds of other "what if" situations make the no harm bit false, but it's pointless to give those ideas energy when there's no more proof of those possibilities than the one I'm already living.

I think I may have had some similar issues in that I can be very technical about things and like to know how they work as well. Often overthinking things way too much when it's really not of much benefit.

One of the tactics I used when doubts were praying on the logical side of things, such as trying to magnify how things were "unrealistic" or "impossible" or such, was to just out reason them. It can be a bit tricky with the overall stuff, but could help to focus on stories or evidence pointing to all the scientific unknowns about the power of the mind, and that we realistically cannot prove that things like this aren't actually impossible, so acting like we know they can't be real is stupid and counter productive. Definitely gets easier when your tulpa starts getting some independent activity of any kind, then you can start keeping track of anything notable, building up a list for when the doubt inevitably comes back to question what you've actually been doing this whole time talking to yourself or somesuch. My experience was that after discrediting a lot of the common doubts enough they just kinda got weaker and less frequent till they basically stopped.

Another thing is to look at how subjective all of this is and some of the alternative. Then realize that because it's subjective there's pretty much no known scientific way to prove any of it, so why not choose the subjective view that suits you best. For example A basic alternative for me would be that I am in fact quite insane and none of my tulpa experience is actually real. Given that case it seems that I don't really have any awareness of the so called "sane" world. And given that, it's a waste of energy to contemplate how to interact or "return" to another reality that my awareness isn't even part of, so might as well go with what I have here and enjoy it. If my tulpa is one giant delusion, than it's an awesome one and I'm fine with it. Why waste energy trying to break the delusion when as far as I can tell there's no harm being done. Sure there's the possibility that all kinds of other "what if" situations make the no harm bit false, but it's pointless to give those ideas energy when there's no more proof of those possibilities than the one I'm already living.

Another fair point, a bit more elaborated then '001, as with the last I will attempt to not argue it. Thanks for the help btw.

Also, does anyone know what '001 meant when he said dungeon raiding?

NEL.tulpa

ZANE.host

Statzemě.wrld

I do. You can create a dungeon in your wonderland, then beat up monsters cooperative style.

Though I would add that argumentation is healthy. People have said that they've gone onto chat being all sceptical and had people tell them that they are killing their tulpas. Which gives me pause. But you know what? I'm a tulpa, not an imaginary character. I can take scepticism without wilting like a rose. And how else are you gonna have fun than debating metaphysical beliefs with fellow tulpamancers?

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Doubt: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-how-hard-is-it-to-get-started-for-a-sceptic?pid=159973#pid159973

There's no such thing as "parts" of your imagination. But maybe your thoughts have a habit of being violent or whatever you were saying, in which case I'd say: You should work on suppressing those thoughts around/about your tulpa, and your tulpa will probably get used to them over time. Tulpas are very accepting, and even the nicest ones (we've got a couple) should be able to handle whatever they need to once they're more developed, ie know about themselves. So I wouldn't say shelter your tulpa, but do give them some time to develop and get a stable self-esteem, at which point whatever problems may arise you guys should be able to deal with them together. Definitely talk things out when in doubt, about anything. Get their input on stuff if they're capable of doing so.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Doubt: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-how-hard-is-it-to-get-started-for-a-sceptic?pid=159973#pid159973

There's no such thing as "parts" of your imagination. But maybe your thoughts have a habit of being violent or whatever you were saying, in which case I'd say: You should work on suppressing those thoughts around/about your tulpa, and your tulpa will probably get used to them over time. Tulpas are very accepting, and even the nicest ones (we've got a couple) should be able to handle whatever they need to once they're more developed, ie know about themselves. So I wouldn't say shelter your tulpa, but do give them some time to develop and get a stable self-esteem, at which point whatever problems may arise you guys should be able to deal with them together. Definitely talk things out when in doubt, about anything. Get their input on stuff if they're capable of doing so.

NEL.tulpa

ZANE.host

Statzemě.wrld

Thank you for that explanation, I'm glad to hear from you and '001 that mere doubt is not enough to decimate a tulpa but can even be a way to strengthen them if handled correctly. When I first got on the forums I had seen someone say "Doubt is poison to your tulpa" and naturally became very concerned. Also, thank you for clarifying what you meant by dungeon raiding '001   xD .

NEL.tulpa

ZANE.host

Statzemě.wrld