Sign in to follow this  
Meret

Do I have to stop listening?

There is something that worries me a lot and I want to ask about it, I'm listening to "Subliminal" and I'm afraid that this will cause a problem for my tulpa :(

Do I stop listening?

*Sorry .. My language is bad*

Why? Is the subliminal an anti-tulpa subliminal?

Everything interacts with everything else. People do hypnosis, music, games, prescription drugs, and magic rituals all at the same time as tulpas. It all has an effect.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

The subliminal is about changing the color of my eyes to brown .. not tulpa.

and I am currently at the beginning of the creation of Tulpa ، I want to know if this would adversely affect him.

Nope, but do not be surprised if he ends up with brown eyes and yours stay their normal colour.

Please, there's no basis for that, you're basically applying your own subliminal here lol.

Everything that happens in your mind is under your control. Tulpa-wise, you could change their eye color at a moment's notice, preferably with their permission if they can give it. For changing your own perception of your eye color, well, sounds like you're already doing that.

Note your actual eye color won't change though. Not something affected by your thoughts, it's all genes. But you should be able to effectively impose a new eye color, just like you'd impose a tulpa, or an imposed tulpa might see themselves in a mirror. I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Please, there's no basis for that, you're basically applying your own subliminal here lol.

Everything that happens in your mind is under your control. Tulpa-wise, you could change their eye color at a moment's notice, preferably with their permission if they can give it. For changing your own perception of your eye color, well, sounds like you're already doing that.

Note your actual eye color won't change though. Not something affected by your thoughts, it's all genes. But you should be able to effectively impose a new eye color, just like you'd impose a tulpa, or an imposed tulpa might see themselves in a mirror. I don't see why that wouldn't be possible.

(Disclaimerzzzzz:  I don't have tupper)

"Everything that happens in your mind is under your control"

Sadly no. To gain such an ability would take years. Thoughts seemingly come from no where, emotional responses can happen even if your conscious mind doesn't want them, limiting beliefs and other systems influence you every second, etc. Having the mind under our control is basically a real life super power that takes months or years of self discipline and self searching to obtain.

So when developing sir tuppers, everything you cannot control would likely influence it too.

"Changing your own perception of eye color"

No, subliminals do effect the actual eye color. Assuming it wasn't made by a novice to subliminals. "My eyes will be blue" won't always do the trick. If you're blasting in subliminals during a baby tupper stage I don't know if it has the ability to accept and deny information much like a young child can't. An older tupper I'm sure could deny subliminals but I don't know.

OP,

I would treat it like a mother during pregnancy. She has to be very careful what she consumes because what she consumes, the baby consumes too. Except instead of food, it would be thought and energy in this case. Give it "good" energy and thoughts until it has enough of a consciousness to accept and reject information.

I could be totally off basis here, so I always invite counter-information because as I always say, I have never made a tupper. I only type from second hand information.

Hope this helps!

"Everything that happens in your mind is under your control"

Sadly no. To gain such an ability would take years.

man, what's with you guys and missing the point. You sticks in the mud accidentally let people say "everything" without pointing out that most of the universe is outside of our possible perception and can't possibly be something all the time.  Not literally everything, OK?

People always underestimate how much control they have over their mind/thoughts, so if they're having trouble with something that it wouldn't hurt to believe they could change, then you should tell them maybe they can just so if they ACTUALLY can they aren't stopping themselves. Like so much mindset/worldview stuff is so totally subjective and could change if people tried, that they actually take as ABSOLUTE REALITY because they think it can be no other way. No they can't control - everything in their minds, but the point is to empower them so they let themselves change things they really could. You even mentioned limiting beliefs, and a belief like the one we're trying to give with that statement can help you overcome lots of those.

No, subliminals do effect the actual eye color. Assuming it wasn't made by a novice to subliminals.

:|

I don't even know where to start with that, so I'll break this down into the most rudimentary parts! "Being able to change the levels of melanin in your eyes through thought makes no sense and isn't supported by any science (the act of testing things over and over in lots of ways to make sure they are or are not a certain way), so just stating it is possible with no evidence can't be taken seriously and doesn't help progress the discussion"

also I'm trying to think of a nice not-rude way to say based on that statement alone I don't think I can continue said discussion with you, let's just say it's limiting beliefs on my part okay?

which the irony of is not lost on me since I was just talking about limiting beliefs and believing things could be possible. But we (in this system) draw a line somewhere that I can't totally explain, mostly because I'm not the one who drew it, and I'm definitely not smart enough to disagree with it. I kinda just follow the thinking patterns Lumi and Tewi have made over the years. But part of our thing, so we're not hypocritical, says we can't tell people things are flat out impossible/that their beliefs are wrong just because their beliefs are across the line we've drawn for ourselves. But we (apparently) are very confident in the rules of that line.

Okay no more line talk - the topic of this thread, if it's "metaphysical" (as this forum calls these things) as you're probably implying, is way out of our ability to talk about so I'ma go

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written

Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Lucilyn, that falls incredibly heavily on the side of everything is possible if you just believe. I'm sure the power of positive thinking is an effective placebo, but controlling your speech by saying things that are probably not true could have nasty consequences. For example, telling someone that there is no wall, could cause them to get head trauma when they walk through it.

Best to separate the ideas of positive thinking from the ideas of what is real. This is particularly important here, as there is a great need to know what is real and what is not when it comes to tulpas.

To clarify my original point: Everything influences everything. But it is almost certainly probably most likely safe, unless it does something that is obviously a possible risk.

And my prediction for eye colour effects is probably going to happen.

Not metaphysical. Subliminals are a physical activity undertaken by some. No metaphysical link has been proven.

Best to separate the ideas of positive thinking from the ideas of what is real.

that's kinda what the later part of my post was saying, wasn't it? Anyways, pls find a way for us to tell people they're locking themselves into one perspective/worldview by thinking it's the only one when if they stopped that they could create much more positive/efficient mindsets. We're never trying to say everything is possible (I was literally just denying changing your eye color with subliminals as possible), but there's no easy way to refer to what we ARE trying to say. The difference from when Lumi was 13 and 21 (or just like.. 17+) where his beliefs seemed like universal truths but also sucked and made everything seem negative/stressful, and now are much more open and positive (could be neutral, but positive is good so why not) and tons of things that used to be problems feel like they have simple answers now etc. etc. And also, we don't have any trouble with invasive thoughts or anything. Because we had more control over our mind than he originally thought back then, right?

but I still don't know how to convey that without sounding like I'm telling you to walk through walls. There's just lots of limiting beliefs people have that can safely be replaced by more open minded neutral ones that allow you to think things through clearly and make decisions that way. And that "line" I was talking about is where Lumi and Tewi have decided "most likely"s take precedent over "wouldn't it be nice if"s. Like, not objective knowledge or anything, but our beliefs are pretty down to earth, in a nice balance with still being open minded about things we can't know. It's a good place to be, it's definitely made my life nicer having our mind work like that since before I existed. I mean, I totally could've worked my way through all that stuff like the others did, but it's nice I never had to. Lumi's old ways of thinking are what led to things like Flandre needing to be split into two tulpas, something they had to do to convince themselves to allow her to change, as opposed to now where we could just change ourselves if we wanted/needed to however we wanted.

I can no way keep all of this subject and the thread's topic in my head at the same time, so sorry if that was basically nonsense in the context of this thread :X

also, I wasn't saying subliminals were metaphysical, no way. I was saying changing the color of your eyes - physically, not just your perception like with imposition - shouldn't be possible (without like, surgery) and if we have to assume it is then this thread is impossible for us to contribute to y'know?

Hi I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

All of my posts should be read at a hundred miles per hour because that's probably how they were written

Please talk to me https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

The concept you are referring to is that of an epiphanic prison. And there is no easy way out except through experimentation and openness to new experiences.

Simple, short, complete.

You are also dismissing the likely influence of skill growth between then and now.