Are there any appearance limits?

I have a general concept of my tulpa, however, I read that tulpae are NOT demons or whatever other monster. Now here's my concern: the tulpa appearance I'm working on has demon horns, a tail, and drippy, hole-ridden wings (which would not hinder the tulpa in flight) and I am wondering if that is a bad thing. Would it somehow offend the tulpa? Or do I have a green light to my original concept?

If needed, I am willing to attach a sketch, though be warned that it was originally meant as vent art (TW: sketched blood vomiting and lined intestines, nothing majorly gross, though)

It's not as if the community needs to approve whatever unconventional idea you have in mind for your tulpa's form, if that's what you mean. That's up to you, and if the tulpa has a problem with / is offended by this, they'll likely bring it up once they're able, or even change details (or the entirety of it) on their own before they can properly communicate with you.

Yea, pretty much what Vos said. Though I'd also add letting them know they're free to do so is recommended. Do whatever you want with the form, just be ready for them to change it on you. They might not, but don't go getting upset if they do.

*has a horn, tail and hole ridden wings (or at least legs)*

Sizes of tulpae have varied between palm of your hand and seven miles across.

Common shapes include pony, dragon, anime human, one of the beatles, fog, ink blobs, and nothing at all.

What is the value of an appearance? For some people, there is no value to the appearance, for they believe character has nothing to do with what you look like. For others, ideas and behaviours are tied psychosomatically to their appearance, to the extent that some tulpas can change their form as a form of controlling their mood and behaviour.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I've seen some tups creepier than Slenderman who identified with their forms so whatever you want I guess, saying a tulpa isn't a demon isn't a religious they-don't-literally-look-like-demons thing, it's a they-aren't-going-to-take-over-your-life-and-send-you-to-hell or whatever thing. They can look like a demon if you want, Tulpa001's a changeling and I've literally seen creepypasta forms (that were apparently very friendly and only LOOKED scary)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Coming from a system full of spooky people; there are no limits. Form does not represent character.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

A thanks to everyone who answered. I tried visualizing my tulpa earlier, and although the result currently looks fuzzy, the tulpa doesn't seem unhappy with his appearance. As far as I'm concerned (since I'm not entirely sure whether he reacted on his own, or if I controlled him to some degree) he even tried out his wings

Nope, As long as your tulpa seems comfortable to the form it has or given then there is no limit at all.

Hello! I am one of Nihi's Tulpas! It is very nice to meet you! :D