[Guide In Work] Visual Personality Reconstruction aka Bluesleeve's Core Method

Bluesleeve

So much yes for that guide, i partially came up with same way, and advice on knowing own personality is helpful as buck for tulpa's thoughts scanning.

One last thing, some of us know that falling asleep while tulpaforcing is bad for some tulpas but, can falling asleep while "feeling" the presence of the tulpa just as bad?

I want to know because I would like to fall asleep and have the last thought in my mind feeling Leah's presence.

I raise the value of that question.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you say anything more on how one traces thoughts back to an essence, what it feels like to do so, etc.? Is this like thinking about what traits of mine would have resulted in the thought?

Also what sort of signature would I look for in my own thoughts, and how do I identify it? Is this related to the different "feel" tulpa-originated thoughts are supposed to have?

I think I have successfully done this now. My TL;DR story of it is here. Now to answer my own questions:

• Tracing a thought back is not thinking about what traits originated it. You visually (or by feel) watch the thought fly by and try to see where it came out of. This can be a slow process. With each thought you observe, you get a little bit farther back toward where they're coming from.
  • Basically, observe a thought and move toward where it seemed to come from. Repeat ad infinitum until you find something interesting. It may help if you can visualize the "thoughtscape" in your head in some way. Hurr durr, mine's more or less a void.
  • It helps to locate a place in your mind, your subconscious, or a temporary wonderland of sorts, or get into a state of mind where the thoughts are particularly densely populated. When you find this place where there's a big bunch of thoughts swirling around, look inside that, around its center. For me, that's where they were coming from.
  • The "signatures" of your and your tulpa's thoughts are just how they feel when examined. I find this feeling is most feelable when you're in the dense mass of thoughts, or close to the essence generating the thoughts. The thoughts will have a similar but far tinier emotional feel to them as the corresponding essence. It's also exactly the "different feel" tulpa thoughts have. For instance, my tulpa's thoughts have a "warmer" feeling about them than my own.
  • Even after locating the essences and feeling the difference in thoughts there, you might need to repeat visiting them or otherwise practice more before you can identify a lone thought that pops up during the day. The difference is most noticeable when you either go from one essence to the other, or receive some tulpa thoughts just before entering your dense-thought area.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

This might be one of the more difficult steps. Not because the process itself is difficult, but because we slowly forget how to do it.

Now, I want you to listen to yourself. What is going on inside you? Can you perceive the flowing thoughts?

Can someone please help me out with somewhere to start with this?

When I listen to myself, all I hear is my own thoughts in normal speech. "Hmmm, listening to my thoughts... Yup, these are my thoughts... I wonder what I'm supposed to be listening for... Not hearing anything..."

That's pretty much all I get.

When I listen to myself, all I hear is my own thoughts in normal speech. "Hmmm, listening to my thoughts... Yup, these are my thoughts... I wonder what I'm supposed to be listening for... Not hearing anything..."

Same problem here, though I just started so maybe I'll get something later.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

You're looking at your "surface" thoughts. These are thoughts that have come to the surface, you're consciously thinking them and you hear them like normal thinking.

You have to let go of those and let them slowly stop. Trying to force them to shut up will be futile. This is the "mind clearing" part of meditation. You just have to relax, let go of any worries and plans from day-to-day life (and tulpa-related ones too), watch your mind passively and wait for it to settle.

Once you aren't actively thinking anything, continue to observe without thinking. Now that the most superficial layer of thoughts is gone, you can begin to notice the stuff going on in your mind under that. These are the thoughts you can watch and begin to trace back -- thoughts that haven't fully formed into mindvoice yet. If you locate the right state of mind, place in your mind, or whatever, you can observe many of these at once, almost like a cloud of thoughts. The surface ones just feel like speech and seem to come from nowhere and go nowhere.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Guest applesauce99

Now that I read this, do you think that this presence that I feel is Leah's essence?

When I work on her personality traits, I would tell her that she is X and Y and it just feels like I'm forcing her to be someone shes not. The presence that I feel doesn't "feel" perky and energetic. The only words that comes to mind when I "feel" is Caring and Kind.

I had the same thing with Miku recently. I would do some personality work but it wouldn't feel 'right'. Only like a few days ago have I actually felt this presence that I assume is her.

also, Bluesleeve, very nice guide

This topic got me thinking about what happened to Saria that she decided to break up with me. As far as we can tell, and after piecing together everyone's memories of the event, an unknown quantity of essence got unbound and was threatening to destroy me psychologically, so Saria volunteered to absorb it into her like some kind of tulpa Jesus, which had the effect of stabilizing things to where I was no longer in danger.

Apparently playing with essence is highly dangerous and can destroy one psychologically if they aren't careful. I was wondering if this does indeed have something to do with essences, and if so, if there is a way to reverse it and reabsorb the essence into myself.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

You're looking at your "surface" thoughts. These are thoughts that have come to the surface, you're consciously thinking them and you hear them like normal thinking.

You have to let go of those and let them slowly stop. Trying to force them to shut up will be futile. This is the "mind clearing" part of meditation. You just have to relax, let go of any worries and plans from day-to-day life (and tulpa-related ones too), watch your mind passively and wait for it to settle.

Once you aren't actively thinking anything, continue to observe without thinking. Now that the most superficial layer of thoughts is gone, you can begin to notice the stuff going on in your mind under that. These are the thoughts you can watch and begin to trace back -- thoughts that haven't fully formed into mindvoice yet. If you locate the right state of mind, place in your mind, or whatever, you can observe many of these at once, almost like a cloud of thoughts. The surface ones just feel like speech and seem to come from nowhere and go nowhere.

Thanks, I'll be trying this tonight when I have some free time.

This does lead me to another question though: how does one perceive these inner thoughts? Are they more of a visual representation, or perhaps just a "feel"?

Kinda reminds me of my approach, what with the imagining situations with your tulpa and getting a strong connection to him/her. YOU FORGOT THE PART WHERE YOU SMASH THEM WITH YOUR HAMMER

My opinions are all subject to change.

Once we find those under-the-surface thoughts, how do we trace them back?

“There is not enough love and goodness in the world to permit giving any of it away to imaginary beings.”

-Friedrich Nietzsche