The art and skill of tulpas (Understanding and creating tulpas)

RaveCrazedDave

Question

Link for the guide

The art and skill of tulpas _v1.2.pdf - PDF backup -Ranger

The art and skill of tulpas _v1.2.docx -MS Word backup -Ranger

I know there are already plenty of guides on creating tulpas around, but I often openly voice my concerns with the guides and many general views presented around here, so with this guide I have set these objectives:

- To provide newcomers with a clear picture of what a thoughtform is;

- To do away with the morals and warnings that, in my opinion, muddle things up for newcomers still struggling with the concept itself;

- To provide a picture of thoughtforms and tulpas which extrapolates from a series of well known phenomena experienced by everyone;

- To provide a practical guide that leaves no room for someone to doubt they can achieve this, and which can be followed by anyone;

- To provide a method that will yield results for - dare I say - everyone, and that isn’t entirely faith based;

- To avoid esoteric or religious beliefs when discussing the subject.

My main concern is with the creation and development process, as well as interaction within the mind, so you won't find anything specific about other techniques like possession or imposition.

And by the way, this mirrors radically different views from the bulk of the community, so trigger warning, I guess?

Changelog v0.3

- Added several chapters on character creation

- Fragmented the tulpa creation section into two other sections and clarified how to go about it

- Added an "undoing a tulpa" section

Changelog v1

- Changed title to better reflect what the guide is about

- Added closing section

- Developed the introduction

- Added a section on tulpa interaction

- Added a section on symbolism

- Removed todo list

- Worked on some grammar

Changelog v1.1

- Added a section on common concerns

- Added a small FAQ section

- Fleshed out the introduction a little

Changelog v1.2

- Removed the warning at the end and the FAQ section, I felt these were unnecessary and went against my goals for this guide.

Edited by Ranger
Update -OP?; Added PDF and MS Word backups -Ranger

Final review:

[hidden]

Throughout my tulpa journey I’ve read plenty about what other people think of them, and many times I get frustrated due to how much people seem to like to make such a simple concept so hard and convoluted, full of weird terms and ideas that honestly just bring up more questions than they ask, and they often lead to newcomers asking the most appalling questions that shouldn’t even be a concern if they knew what they were actually dealing with.

... Bad start. Poking jabs at the culture and ideas of tulpamancy.

This is an unfriendly intro, and that's a bad thing. But let's see also, if you can support the claim that newbs ask appalling questions.

*reads on*

What is a thoughtform

Not convinced that any of this is part of the standard definition of thoughtform.

Yep. All these definitions are confusing to me. Too many words for defining a simple concept.

What is a tulpa

It greatly pains me to disapprove something simply because I disagree with their philosophy. However, my pain is imaginary.

Unlike the thoughtform section. I know this definition of tulpas is nonstandard. The description states opinion as fact.

Your tools

You can reduce the length of this section by keeping sentences more to the point.

Symbolism

Some minor errors in defining symbolism. Praying is not symbolic for example.

This guide feels very watered down. I'm halfway through and looking for the payload section of this guide.

Personality

Runon sentence in first paragraph.

The definition of personality is correct. However, there is a lot more to the mind of your average tulpa.

billions==hyperbole.

One has to go through and decode your metaphors to understand the process here.

Characters

Focus on believability implies this is what makes a tulpa.

The idea that tulpa is an uncomfortable topic in a tulpa guide is strange.

The idea that characters actually feel emotion is problematic given this is a tulpa guide. They don't.

Creator centrism.

Creating a character

Extroardinarily wordy.

Developing a character

Good. Wordy.

Nice example.

Creating and Developing a tulpa

"This is perhaps the part which puts people off the most, since they’re not looking at their thoughts in this way,"

Quick question. People are put off?

Basic but workable.

Your audience is really sensitive if they think this is crazy.

"and if you catch yourself doing them, good job!"

I'm afraid you lost me. That's parroting.

"but before this happens, you’ll have to have a good grasp on who they actually are,"

Not always.

wordy.

The tulpa's character

:/ no bad.

So much with the being wordy.

This section is so strange and just feels wrong in what it implies about the supposed tulpa this is supposed to be helping.

"A good question one may have regarding the simulations is: “are they really happening to my tulpa?” "

No. It's imaginary.

Interacting with a tulpa

Your examples are not imagination.

That's puppeting.

Common Concerns

"On the subject of sentience, if you build your tulpa to be capable of reacting believably to certain feelings from the start, just like you should and probably will, then you have a sentient tulpa."

FALSE

Real tulpas experience real emotions. This may or may not happen simply because you made a believable character.

"suppose you are a tulpa, and suppose your creator made you to keep them company, and they also made you to enjoy their company, and that’s all you do. Now, naturally, if you’re with your creator you’re happy, and if you aren’t, you’ll look to change that. You don’t think about doing anything else, because your creator didn’t make you to enjoy, desire or need anything else, so you don’t do anything else, you don’t want to. Why would you,"

Because they're tulpas and tulpas have real personalities. This will break.

Undoing a tulpa

:/ Method seems wrong.

[/hidden]

Final conclusion: Disapprove. This guide has promise, but it's not there yet. As the original author has said they are done updating, I have difficulty finding the utility of this guide, and there is a shortage of other people agreeing with the guide, it is disapproved for now.

If it were like one half the length, and didn't have such strange ideas in the second half.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.