We were on the radio -- discussion topic

Pleeb

[video=youtube]

The lucid dreaming episode of GMM. Not sure if we'd actually be able to get on their show, though at the very least we might be able to drum up some publicity. I'm running on about 5 hours of sleep atm so feel free to disregard my stupid idea.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[video=youtube]

The lucid dreaming episode of GMM. Not sure if we'd actually be able to get on their show, though at the very least we might be able to drum up some publicity. I'm running on about 5 hours of sleep atm so feel free to disregard my stupid idea.

Are they moonbats too? Is it better to be obscure and maintain integrity or well-known and coupled with energy crystals?

^ Valid point. I figured it'd be best to get some opinions before I did anything, because I tend to come up with bad ideas when I haven't had any caffeine and am lacking sleep (like right now).

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

In the first six minutes this guy has said that tulpae are created by multiple people and can interact with the physical world. If I came across the idea of tulpae from this radio show, I would have dismissed the whole thing as bullshit in minutes and never tried it.

People trying to promote the idea of tulpae should choose their venue carefully and make sure they're not just giving ammo for people to dismiss us with. I was actually introduced to this site by a thread on another site devoted to trolling and mocking tulpae. If this radio interview existed then, they probably would have posted it and I probably wouldn't be here now. Moonbats may offer opportunities for temporary popularity boosts but in the long run they will taint the concept's plausibility.

In the first six minutes this guy has said that tulpae are created by multiple people and can interact with the physical world. If I came across the idea of tulpae from this radio show, I would have dismissed the whole thing as bullshit in minutes and never tried it.

People trying to promote the idea of tulpae should choose their venue carefully and make sure they're not just giving ammo for people to dismiss us with. I was actually introduced to this site by a thread on another site devoted to trolling and mocking tulpae. If this radio interview existed then, they probably would have posted it and I probably wouldn't be here now. Moonbats may offer opportunities for temporary popularity boosts but in the long run they will taint the concept's plausibility.

Quite a few people have gotten upset that I didn't push the psychological stuff hard enough. The others were upset by the nature of the show itself. There was a valid reason for going on this show, and a matter of fact, I still have the discussion pasted, from when we first decided on what our plan was on there:

10:55 <~Pleeb> http://pastebin.com/REkpMmL3 << Goldsmith's comments are highlighted, as he pretty much nailed the point we'd like to try to make, on that show.

The people who would listen to that show already knew about tulpae from a previous episode. Imagine the first nine minutes, but for an entire show; he was pretty much saying how tulpae were the monsters under the bed, boogeymen, manifested murderous monks all that sort of thing. You know, the creepypastas and scary tulpa stories.

Our primary goal was to show the host and his listeners that tulpae were -not- those monsters, and to show them in a positive light. Our secondary goal was to introduce the psychological aspects of tulpae into the show. We weren't exactly trying to push for publicity to people that never heard of tulpae, as we were to educate the listeners who already heard about tulpae some weeks ago, if that makes any sense.

I think we've succeeded with the first goal and, for the most part, our second.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Bluesleeve's smooth, silky voice
It's not smooth. Or silky. He's just sucking a bonbon while speaking, causing him to sound like a major retroart.

Quite a few people have gotten upset that I didn't push the psychological stuff hard enough. The others were upset by the nature of the show itself. There was a valid reason for going on this show, and a matter of fact, I still have the discussion pasted, from when we first decided on what our plan was on there:

10:55 <~Pleeb> http://pastebin.com/REkpMmL3 << Goldsmith's comments are highlighted, as he pretty much nailed the point we'd like to try to make, on that show.

The people who would listen to that show already knew about tulpae from a previous episode. Imagine the first nine minutes, but for an entire show; he was pretty much saying how tulpae were the monsters under the bed, boogeymen, manifested murderous monks all that sort of thing. You know, the creepypastas and scary tulpa stories.

Our primary goal was to show the host and his listeners that tulpae were -not- those monsters, and to show them in a positive light. Our secondary goal was to introduce the psychological aspects of tulpae into the show. We weren't exactly trying to push for publicity to people that never heard of tulpae, as we were to educate the listeners who already heard about tulpae some weeks ago, if that makes any sense.

I think we've succeeded with the first goal and, for the most part, our second.

The problem is that you can't restrict who ends up listening to the show. I've already seen the blogtalkradio link spread around and mocked on other websites. It may be the first exposure to tulpa had by many of the people in those threads. If you were just educating the existing listeners, you shouldn't have publicized your appearance.

The problem is that you can't restrict who ends up listening to the show. I've already seen the blogtalkradio link spread around and mocked on other websites. It may be the first exposure to tulpa had by many of the people in those threads. If you were just educating the existing listeners, you shouldn't have publicized your appearance.

The only places I've seen it really being mocked were places that are bound to mock tulpae anyway, and have mocked it already (e.g. the chans). Google alerts may have missed some places. Do you have any links?

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png