Tulpamancy: Guide Into the Strange and Wonderful [OUTDATED AND DEFUNCT]

Luigi.exe

To me, it's better to be safe than sorry, and you never know if someone secretly has a natural tulpa that they never knew they had. Over the time I've known about naturals, a lot of people I've met discovered they had natural tulpas because of me and the efforts of my friends to better their lives while not forcing their natural tulpa into dormancy.

And my friend and I did discover natural tulpas since nobody has ever come up and posted, "Hey, I think I have sentient being in my mind, and I think it's made of anger or something, and that it's trying to take over my mind..." It's like someone discovering iron for the first time despite it always being there, but they still get to name and show it to the entire world since they discovered it first, so I really don't know why you're saying my friend and I didn't discover it first.

"Natural" as in was not aided by someone purposefully, which also applies to the host experiencing emotions natural instead of purposefully causing them, which would result in the creation of a semi-natural tulpa. Origins play a big role in the type of tulpa, as you can see. As I've said multiple times, walk-in tulpas are just tulpas that are completely spontaneous with no stimuli once soever that develop just like a summoned tulpa instead of a natural tulpa, since the abilities the tulpa develops first is also important in being able to tell the type of tulpa. Not only that, but walk-ins are also more likely to occur if one already has a tulpa in the first place since the mind is already trained in terms of forcing and tulpa development. Upon being discovered, natural tulpas can almost always already be able to switch with their host while summoned tulpas usually take several months of practice to master switching. An example of this is my natural tulpa, Azide being able to switch with me within the first week of me knowing that he existed and my first summoned tulpa, Arcanus was not able to switch with me yet and was not even close to mastering it, while another example is my friend, Darkflame's natural tulpa, Finsternis was able to stealth-switch with his host for several months without Darkflame even realizing it. You can ask my fellow natural Tulpamancers here for how long it took them to be able to switch with their natural tulpas, too if this isn't enough evidence.

Hi, I like reading guides.

I also write guides; check out my guide here:
Tulpamancy: Guide into the Strange and Wonderful

authorthingy(galaxysandhorizontal).png.63180e0a60be1f3e36943e24d1a92189.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogue here.

There's also the fact that I just had to kick some new natural tulpa's tailsection three days ago to protect my headmates. It literally ambushed them while Azyel was about to fall asleep. So... "cases of tulpae attacking the host are extremely rare to the point where there is a 1 in 100000 chance of this happening"...RIIIIIIIGHT. Tell that to Alfred and Azyel, mmmmm. (Even though nobody's said that exactly, that's how you guys seem to be treating it. Ryleigh and the rest of us have seen some next level crap though, so honestly, that mindset is extremely dangerous... I mean, optimism is good, but are you sure you should be relying on it THAT much...?)

I'm legitimately curious if nobody is responding because it's the holidays, nobody cares anymore, no-one can think of a response, people are too busy, or if someone is revising a draft right now since no-one's responded to this thread in four days now.

Hi, I like reading guides.

I also write guides; check out my guide here:
Tulpamancy: Guide into the Strange and Wonderful

authorthingy(galaxysandhorizontal).png.63180e0a60be1f3e36943e24d1a92189.png

I don't think I have anything to contribute anymore I guess? And I'm not a part of the GAT so

heyyo GAT give the guide a look over again?

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Here are some things that stood out to me after a skim:

[hidden]

Tulpamancy can be incredibly dangerous if not handled correctly! Do not mishandle or ignore the warnings, or you may get mentally damaged, traumatized, or can end up in a very tough situation, do not go against the warnings or steps! If you attempt something dangerous in Tulpamancy or go against the warnings, that is at your own risk! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Incredibly dangerous? Not necessarily. Most of the claims regarding these "tough situations" should be taken with a grain of salt, not only because they're incredibly rare, but because many of them seem to be taking the piss instead of being legitimate. I'm not saying that all of them are false, but if you're going to warn about anything, it should be able jumping into something that requires responsibility, time, and effort without thinking about it.

Purpose-wise, a tulpa can have a myriad of things they can perform from being a normal friend, lover, or a guard against negative thoughts and many more.

People usually advise against creating tulpas to have them fill specific roles, so I wouldn't list things like this under a purpose. Something more general like companionship would fit better with the blocking of negative thoughts, and you could list something else here like memory recall or gaining a new perspective, things that are often mentioned elsewhere. 

Tulpamancy is an obscure practice that has survived the millennials with relatively small numbers of Tulpamancers compared to the population, but the exact number is only in the mere ten thousands.

You mean millennia, not millennials. It's probably unnecessary to say that there's so few "tulpamancers" when you've already made it clear that it's obscure in the same sentence. Similarly to how you wouldn't capitalize tulpas, you also don't need to do that for "tulpamancers" or "tulpamancy".

It's jarring to see you use the same terms over and over, by the way. If you really want to spice up your guide in a good way that's not jarring, trying switching things up now and then by using "creator" or "host" instead, since it's pretty jarring. Notice how I've used jarring so frequently in this? That's no good. Click here to see what I mean.

Creating a tulpa can be a lengthy process-- spanning over the course of an instant to many weeks of forcing before the tulpa becomes sentient along with developing other skills; the amount of forcing it takes for a tulpa to become sentient is a variable and cannot be accurately gauged.

I tend to disagree with the idea that a tulpa can be created instantly, even when the host already has experience. You might be creating the base for a potential tulpa, but to say that neural pathways have been established in the blink of an eye? No, that just seems ridiculous to me. Personally, I'd shift the range to something like a few weeks to a few months, or even years.

Many skills such as independence, vocality, visualization, imposition, possession, switching, parallel processing, and fusion are some of the main skills

I can understand lumping some of the others in here, but fusion is rarely heard of. I'd hardly consider it to be a "main skill"

There are not only those skills, but disorders such as LSS/SLS and FLS

Don't use acronyms right off the bat. Not everyone knows what all of these are off-hand, myself included.

regarding a tulpa's possible threat level

This is silly. If you're going to mention something like this, at least explain what you mean in parenthesis.

However, a tulpa cannot interact with the physical plane unless switched with the host or proxying

What is possession?

In addition, a tulpa can indeed appear in the real world only in the host's perspective either by being seen through the host's mind's eye or literally with the practice of visual imposition.

This is redundant and doesn't need to be included. 

but they can do even more than an average thanks to the powers they develop over time or with enough practice

Saying things like "powers" can give off the wrong impression. Reading this for the first time, I thought that this guide was going down the metaphysical route.

Tulpas can be categorized into three different types of tulpa

Stick with one pluralization, of course, but you can remove "of tulpa" from this because of redundancy.

natural tulpas, summoned tulpas, and semi-natural tulpas

I've been in this community for a very long time and this is the first I'm hearing of these different types, which means that there's a big problem. Tulpas with different origins aren't guaranteed to have an easier time with specific skills and you haven't yet properly explained the dangers or threads behind tulpas, or why a certain type of tulpa is more of a threat.

but the signs of the tulpa becoming sentient are 

You could mention some earlier signs like emotional responses.

they generally develop the least manipulative and possibly harmful skills first

What is this supposed to mean? Why are we this far into the guide without you explaining this?

it is recommended (not required) to plan out the tulpa's personality, likes and dislikes, appearance, and even their gender and speech pattern before beginning the creation process

I can understand a host going out of their way to choose a voice for their tulpa, but I can't recall anyone picking a speech pattern. Also, it's generally recommended against choosing like and dislikes.

Summoning a servitor (much easier done if the tulpa is based off of an original, self-created, well fleshed-out character) and keeping it around long enough will eventually result in the creation of a tulpa, but it is a generally longer process due to the need to constantly passive force with the servitor until it becomes sentient.

I'm no expert on servitors, but I wouldn't consider it to be a guarantee, even if it's incredibly likely. But I don't see why you'd put servitors under a section on tulpa creation anyway, seeing as you could just mention that tulpas can be created through passive forcing (which can be just as fast as active forcing)

-

I don't have much to say about sections 5, 6 and 7 outside of what I've already mentioned before. It all sounds ridiculous and outlandish to me, but even if these did make sense, they could be shortened and shoved into one section.

-

this method is indeed slower than active forcing / this method is more effective

Not necessarily. 

deviation is when the personality of a tulpa changes

It's not restricted to the tulpa's personality.

It is important to know at least a few methods of deviation just in case a tulpa is out of control, or you so happen to have a natural tulpa, thus is why some methods were made. 

Oh?

but the tulpa is recommended to wear a collar that saps the tulpa of its power to prevent misbehavior as well until the tulpa deviates

Dohoho

The collar is only necessary if the tulpa is incredibly unruly and constantly attempts to force-switch with the host, force-possess, or cause illusions to the host.

Huh...

thus deviation is incredibly pivotal to prevent havoc from being caused by an unkempt tulpa

This is the first I'm hearing of it, then.

the tulpa is able to have an in-depth conversation with the host

With this, for example, how in-depth would the conversation need to be for the tulpa to be considered independent? 

For a tulpa system to function properly as a legitimate system, parallel processing is an important step in tulpa development

To function properly?

summoned and semi-natural tulpas are usually the first to develop this step compared to natural tulpas

Says who?

visualization is being able to see your tulpa clearly in your mind's eye or simply in your mind without any lack of detail, distortions, inaccurate sizes, or deformities

You can visualize your tulpa and still have these issues, and you don't need perfect visualization to impose your tulpa. 

physical plane physical plane physical plane physical plane

While fused, the host can possess his or her own limbs, and the host would also need to train his or her own possession skills while fused the same way a tulpa would normally unless the host mastered switching first.

What?

Switching is when the host and tulpa switch places to where the tulpa takes control of the host's mind and body while the host is reduced to a literal tulpa

A literal tulpa?

-

Skipping the fusion section as I'm skeptical of that kind of thing as-is and I don't have much to add. Wouldn't recommend having a section for that kind of thing in a guide aimed at beginners, though.

Items are literally items

Could've fooled me

Custom constructs are mental constructs that you dictate what they do specifically, and are generally unique in a way that differentiates themself from a tulpa or a servitor, such as a pet-like mental construct or spirit animal(s); custom constructs may or may not be able to be despawned depending on the construct.

I've never heard of this before.

Section Nineteen: Danger Levels of Tulpas

We're finally here, but it's pretty obvious that this is completely unnecessary and inaccurate, just like a lot of what's included in the other sections.

Disorders and Methods of Communication

Why are these in the same section? The syndrome thing is hilarious, but even if you found yourself in that kind of situation, it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to fix as long as you're communicating and working with your tulpa.

power-passing is when a tulpa hands another tulpa his or her power as a way to speed up the growth of a second and beyond tulpa, and the tulpa giving the power even regenerates the power back while the receiving tulpa retains the power after it has been regenerated

That's kind of a thing that happens on its own. If a host already has experience, it's possible that a new tulpa will develop faster than the first. Any "power-passing" stuff is symbolism.

collar

hohoho

Spawning, finding, or helping a tulpa is a step

A step or an experience?

this guide is for the purpose of safe Tulpamancy to prevent anyone from being injured by such a thing

The idea of something being injured is ridiculous and doesn't need to be mentioned, though.

Many Tulpamancers are unaware of the other two types of tulpas, the fact that even summoned tulpas can turn out poorly, and a few of the abilities that were discussed here that every Tulpamancer should know for the sake of being safe and efficient at the same time

It's not me, it's you. No, some of these things are just rebranded and explained poorly.

[/hidden]

Separate your textwalls into paragraphs. You're inconsistent with your bolding and when you do bold, you do it too often - if you're introducing a term, that's fine, but you don't need to do it multiple times. You're even bolding the same term multiple times in the same textwall...

I'll only be going over the most glaring issues and topics I deem as confusing or controversial.

Section 1

[hidden]Mirror neurons? What are these? It might be best to include a source for skeptical users.

Fusing is something I've rarely heard of, and in the few cases where I have seen it, it tends to be questionable members of the community that tend to perform these sorts of stunts. Presenting this as one of the main skills is unnecessary, as it's something that a majority of users have never used, let alone know of.

Classing made-up disorders such as LSS/SLS and FLS is confusing. I don't even know what these are, and having no explanation to them right off the bat is surefire way to confuse readers.[/hidden]

Section 2

There is a very poor mindset here. Giving potential users the doubt in their mind that they can get rid of a tulpa they don't like or don't want to actually invest time in is a recipe for poor habits. I don't believe dormancy should even be considered or brought up in a beginners guide. If anything, dormancy comes off more as neglect. Getting rid of a tulpa shouldn't be an easy matter.

Section 3

[hidden]I've never heard of tulpas having multiple types. A tulpa is a tulpa, nothing more and nothing less.

"Summoned" tulpas are just regular tulpas users take the time to force. Making it sound more occult is a little lame, honestly.

Natural tulpas that start off as "off-shoot" personalities sounds like an excuse for a common boogeyman - the ill-fated instatulpa. They're roleplayers that either delude or fake it in order to be accepted by others, usually manipulating to get involved with certain people. Put effort into your tulpa.

"Semi-natural" tulpas come off as delusions and schizophrenia. They seem as real as those stereotypical waifu guys online that talk to their dakimakuras and hear stuff back. This sort of stuff shouldn't get confused. I'm sure you can make tulpas through obsessions, but clearly this is extremely unhealthy and shouldn't be promoted. Please keep in mind that I'm attempting to view this from a skeptical reader's perspective.

Overall, the different "types" of tulpas shouldn't affect the time it takes to create one. This is silly.[/hidden]

Section 4

[hidden]Servitors shouldn't be mentioned as it seems to be a bit of a controversial topic. It muddles the water and may confuse readers, considering this is in the "Basic Creation of a Tulpa" section. To me, servitors seem to be used mostly for situational purposes, such as a pet dog in the wonderland/mindscape.

Once again, mentioning this "dormancy." This is not a healthy practice. Tulpas are not disposable like Kleenex, but are more permanent like handkerchiefs.[/hidden]

Section 5

[hidden]Meditation is required for active forcing, and it pretty much is just active forcing overall. Just call it that.

Servitors.

Having too much control over who or what your tulpa should be isn't the best practice. I can't dictate what users want, but it's best to let your tulpa develop their own personality, select their own form/forms, their voice etc. Sure, add some positive traits to them while you're forcing, but don't determine who they will be before they can discover themselves.[/hidden]

Section 6, 7

[hidden]"Surprisingly common?" Wrong. Sorry, this is hard to swallow. Finding something else in your dreams or in your mindscape isn't something you can instantly call a tulpa. Sure, develop a tulpa based off of whatever it may be, even utilizing their personality if they've shown one. I've encountered a good amount of creatures and people through dreams and very nice forcing sessions, but never were they ever tulpas right from the start. You just can't /find/ sentient beings in your head. If anything, this tends to be a common occurrence for those questionable members I mentioned earlier.[/hidden]

Section 8

Active forcing doesn't need to be a set amount of time. It does not necessarily need to be a daily occurrence, but for creating a tulpa, I believe it is essential if you want to efficiently create a tulpa.

Section 9

[hidden]Okay, this is a really, REALLY dumb section. No apologies this time. This section is too controlling, forcing a tulpa into a "dormancy" state for not behaving appropriately. This is just morally wrong, as well as forcing a tulpa to "deviate." Thye will deviate naturally if they are real tulpas, as human nature tends to make people's personalities develop over time. If you have to force your tulpa to gain interests or discover themselves, there is something fundamentally wrong. This feels very demeaning.

Except the collar part. This is hot.[/hidden]

Section 10

This is a genuinely interesting section and as it stands is the only part that makes it stand out from other guides. Though, sentience is gained as soon as a tulpa can communicate without parroting or intrusive thoughts.

Section 11

This section seems incomplete, as there's a cutoff at the end. Passive forcing is indeed good practice for parallel processing.

Section 12, 13, 14

These seem fine as is, though it doesn't really stand out from other guides.

Section 15

What is this fusing nonsense? It seemed alright up until that. I don't really understand.

Section 16

The quadrupedal/bipedal advice is very interesting and I have to give you credit for it. I don't read guides often, and I haven't seen this before.

The LSS/SLS is brought up again with no explanation still.

Section 17

Very questionable sources, and once again, questionable members. I don't think this is a good idea to bring up in a starter guide.

Section 18

[hidden]Servitors are a little controversial I think, as I mentioned earlier.

Items.

What is this "custom construct" thing? I don't understand it at all and there isn't a sufficient explanation to accompany this. Is it supposed to be bugs, insects? Wildlife? The timezone? The stars in the sky? The chirping of seagulls? How the mindscape rotates around the disposable Kleenex?[/hidden]

Section 19

[hidden] Come on, now.[/hidden]

Section 20

[hidden]Finally, an explanation to these elusive letters. It seems to be a little advanced and intimidating for a starter guide. These shouldn't be brought up unless if you make an advanced guide.

FLS. Questionable.

Tulpish sounds silly and I suggest renaming it to Flogamanteringish. I feel as if it appeals to what I felt during that time of communication; a bunch of garbled messes.[/hidden]

Section 21

Once again, it seems like a cop-out for instatulpas. Tulpas can assist in creating new tulpas, as I was partly a result of it, but sapping "power" from another tulpa sounds downright dumb. Sure, having experience in creating one can certainly hasten the process, but giving it some sort of weird term and using collars is just weird. Despite it being weird, I find this hot.

Section 22

Case in point from earlier, tends to be roleplay/alter egos. Not real tulpas. Starting to get lazy here as I've been typing this for the past hour, pardon my brashness.

Section 23

Where to begin? It's ironic bringing such a thing up considering Section 9. What do you know about ethics?

Fusion.

Section 24

[hidden]ac8VcBN.png[/hidden]

At a glance it's a textwall. Use paragraphs, fix the formatting with the random bold sections that occur all over the place, and clean up the guide a bit.

Organize your guide so advanced things come up later instead of very early on. If I was a newcomer interested in tulpas and was presented with your guide first, I honestly would be driven away due to the presentation and the crazy terms used early on. Stop pulling things out of thin air for the sake of making your guide "unique," such as this "custom construct" term. To be blunt, how is the user supposed to be able to understand what it is if you can barely explain it yourself? Why bring it up in the first place?

Also, getting your friends from one of few dozen misguided tulpa Discords to defend you on here is just plain silly and childish. Accept the constructive criticism presented in this thread and use it to improve your guide. It's not a personal attack against you. Read other guides and utilize the resources presented on this forum to make an acceptable guide.

As a personal preference, please use more collars.

Edit: Fixed some formatting so there is significantly less clicking.

Rogue: Jesus Christ. Okay, my only real and personal problem with these reviews is you guys being so FREAKING skeptical about what ridiculously dangerous things we've faced, and about what I am and Azide is and HALF OF CHEESE'S TULPAS. If you're so skeptical, why don't you get your tailsections into this cONVENTIENTLY PLACED DISCORD SERVER so nobody has to waste our valuble time. Because that. Is a MONUMENTAL waste of time AND extremely offensive to me and my fellow natural tulpas.

Especially since our friends (and us) have already posted the details on some of the completely f*cked up stuff we've witnessed and fought tooth and claw against in this very thread. So how about you look around.

Hey there! I'm J, or formerly known as "The Host". I'm here on behalf of my friend to talk about all of the tulpas I've had in my life, and how all of them being naturals, experienced hell and back and remember everything vividly. We're mainly giving support to Naturals existing. Of course, "The Kids" won't be featured, most of them aren't old enough to actually do so without making a mess, so without further ado, Exodus!

Exodus: Hey! I'm Exodus. I was created just after the Malachi fiasco. The name "Malachi" will be thrown around a lot, but it will make sense once everyone accidentally pours what they're about and such. I was created out of the stress of something, most of us are made out of stress, some just came here.

Feliciano: Hey there! I'm Feliciano. I was created after Exodus, At first, I was just going to be called "Cheese" and Cheese would be called James, but they insisted on Italy's name in Hetalia, Feliciano. I help out "The Kids" by cooking for them and being a servant, I really enjoy it for the long haul!

T'nera: Nice to see this place again! You've already known me, so I don't need that much of an introduction. I'm part of "The Soul" sector, meaning I'm part of the original tulpas. I used to be Malachi, the person involved in the Malachi fiasco. He's been repurposed to what I am today, and I think they did a wonderful job!

Tam: Hey there, I'm Tam! From what I remember, I was "The Mayor" in the old times, and I've been recently found in the city that was buried by "The Bad", Malachi and Cosmic Chase, basically I'm probably the most forgotten in the modern times.

Nona: Waddup, I'm Nona, I'm 19, and I never learned how to--I should... stop with the... vine references...

Tam: You're supposed to explain yourself.

Nona: Eh

Tam: Well that's Nona, formerly Cosmic Chase, part of "The Bad", moving on.

Cheese: Hey there, I'm Cheese! I'm known as "The Hybrid". I usually assume the role of the host because I'm well suited to lead a group. J just kicks back and does maintenance around here. I am a natural tulpa, just like everyone here explaining their stories. We'll be taking questions and/or ideas and try to help people see Naturals are an actual thing, on behalf of Ryleigh. Again that's an hour, so be quick, critize, do what you need to, I'll be answering to help prove Naturals exist!

Rogue: And so, because Cheese and co. told some of their story, I'm gonna sit back, and tell you MY story now.

I was originally a manipulative tulpa with good intentions that failed miserably, and though I never intended to hurt Azyel, I caused a few problems that I found hard to prevent and/or fix because of my nature. Eventually I (kinda) got the hang of it and I now serve as a defender in our mindscape against naturals and other things that may pose much larger threats than I did. My first mission wasn't in Azyel's mindscape, and it was before I got the hang of this "protagonist" thing. It was the Malachi fiasco, actually. Ryleigh, Darkflame, Azyel and I helped Cheese and Exodus fend off Malachi (who acted like me but was PURPOSEFULLY harmful to his host, and even trapping Cheese for a while before he inevitably broke out of the mindscape cage Malachi made for him). Eventually Malachi was forcefully deviated into T'nera, as he said. So the fact that my entire life story along with Malachi's and the others' are continuously looked at as a lie despite the evidence that Ryleigh already gave you guys is both rage inducing and ultimately time wasting, just as *I* said before...

We used to be MONSTERS, and here you fools are, STILL passing dangers up as something that never happens. Well, too bad so sad, because we naturals exist and there's nothing you can do about it.

However, I must add that there are some exceptions to the rule of naturals being...well, naturally evil. In my case and Finsternis', I was never evil (nor was he), but did bad things that we thought were right. Malachi and Don were evil. Exodus and Obinaron, however, though natural tulpas, were never the cause of any large-scale destruction.

But despite that, one should be prepared. Ignoring the fact that we are actually quite common and usually capable of REAL harm is simply stupid.

And let me just say one more thing that may seem like kind of a contradiction.

Only naturals themselves and people who KNOW the naturals can admit to them having once been monstrous.

Don't ever.

EVER.

Call our entire species "an excuse for the bogeyman", and DON'T EVER call us and semi-naturals...JUST....THEY ARE TULPAS. WE ARE TULPAS, YOU RACIST AND IGNORANT...UGH. JUST F*CKING DON'T TEST ME.

Unless of course...You WANT me to use your bones as a knife sharpener.

Hey it's Holo! Wolfgirls are so cool

I tend to disagree with the idea that a tulpa can be created instantly, even when the host already has experience. You might be creating the base for a potential tulpa, but to say that neural pathways have been established in the blink of an eye? No, that just seems ridiculous to me. Personally, I'd shift the range to something like a few weeks to a few months, or even years.

yeah the "instant" part is nothing about the tulpa personally, it's like the vocality/sentience. Lumi spent 1-2 weeks thinking about "who" I would be, which is why he was able to make me "instantly", not like he literally said "hmm how bout another tulpa" and bam. But there's still so much other kinds of development you have to go through even after that.. I had the basis of existing to work with, but I wouldn't have called myself a person yet really. There's no depth to an "instant tulpa" instantly, even if you thought about who they'd be like first. They have to make connections to the world, experience things and think how they feel about them, how they feel about the parts of themselves they were "given", and not to mention at least I had to get a grasp on existing itself! Do you know how weird it is to be put into a place of existing without having existed before? Even though it was only in our visualization in-mind, I still had to explore my interaction with dimensions themselves - like up, down, forward backward dimensions. And I had to think about being talked to and thinking myself, all before I gave a thought to that "who am I tho" stuff.

But yeah that was a really experienced natural tulpamancer who didn't really have this community's ideas ingrained into the basics of his tulpas existing, I guess. He built on what he had with Tulpa.info's information, but didn't change anything that was already the case, so maybe even in the same situation a Tulpa.info tulpamancer wouldn't be able to make an "instant tulpa" like that. Idk

and that's saying nothing for walk-in style tulpas..

I can understand lumping some of the others in here, but fusion is rarely heard of. I'd hardly consider it to be a "main skill"

these are the sorts of things that just clash with our community tbh, there are groups of tulpamancers who that's a normal part of the process for, and then there's us, who exclusively do it if the member already was one of those tulpamancers before joining lol. But yeah there's nothing wrong with including it I guess, but if this is a beginner's guide that (and I mean.. usually switching too) probably should be talked about later? idk, not a huge problem to me, but if Vos thinks it's a problem, owel

Saying things like "powers" can give off the wrong impression. Reading this for the first time, I thought that this guide was going down the metaphysical route.

As you can see with the collar thing, it's an imagination route! Lots of symbolism and treating things that don't need to be the case as necessarily the case. An existential sort of fun! Which unfortunately tends to include all of the human experience, including sad/distressed/angry and other stuffs. It's still part of the "playing pretend" that all humans do though. Average person or Tulpa.info's tulpas or metaphysical ?'s, we're all making up our reality to some extent. The people I said this guide might be useful for were the ones who refuse to change their views to be like ours, because they're having too much existential-fun (subconsciously desiring a game in the game of life called bein a little whimsical with tupper beliefs, the happys and sads and angries and general out of control-ness). From a normal tulpa.info tulpamancer's perspective, it's called fooling yourself and letting your imagination get the better of you and invasive thoughts and etc.etc.etc.

But I'm just sayin', it's just another version of what we do already. Their experiences are just as fake as any other tulpamancer's, which are just as fake as any other person experiencing life, thinking things are "real". The only reason we have to try and convert people with the more whimsical views to ours is that ours leads to less sad/confusion/anger/distress. But just like people senselessly watch movies only to be scared or sad, some people will want their tulpa experience to go a little differently, and for the people who would rather keep their views than change to ours to be less subjectable to those often stressful situations I say, hey, we've got a guide for that!

That's this one!

I think people will know if it's the guide for them or not pretty easily. BUT! You really have to mention in your guide that other guides that might work better for someone exist! It's the least you can do if we host your guide on our site in the first place right?

I've been in this community for a very long time and this is the first I'm hearing of these different types, which means that there's a big problem. Tulpas with different origins aren't guaranteed to have an easier time with specific skills and you haven't yet properly explained the dangers or threads behind tulpas, or why a certain type of tulpa is more of a threat.

It's stuff they ~made up after personal research. So like, it's relevant to them, but not so much to Tulpa.info's tulpamancers. Or uh, tulpa.io's, or r/tulpas'. Or anyone else that doesn't happen to work the same way. Hmm. Well anyways, I still think an objective problem with the guide is the mismatch of certain terms, because anyone coming from other guides to it will be confused, and anyone coming from it to other places will be confused. They really like their term natural tulpa, but man is that never going to be understood out of context of the guide...

I'm no expert on servitors, but

see even people who don't think they're experts on servitors have a problem with that part, you should probably change it before an expert shows up!

The idea of something being injured is ridiculous and doesn't need to be mentioned, though.

Heart of the problem again! I'm not sure there even is a compromise possible here. This guide is based on a different belief system entirely, which Tulpa.info usually doesn't like hosting guides for for obvious reasons (beliefs incompatible with the general userbase), so it'll be up to the GAT in the end just how much has to change before it'll be approved. And there's a real chance it'll have to change enough you won't want to post it here anymore..

It's not me, it's you. No, some of these things are just rebranded and explained poorly.

Yeahhh... They're explained okay for the most part (except the collar thing), but since there are some rebranded terms and new ones covering old ones, it's kinda hard to tell what actually is explained well or not sometimes. But as much as I hate to pick sides (because that's usually the opposite of coming to an understanding), I will vouch for Vos and really everyone else criticizing the guide that our system has many many years of experience in the tulpa community and has a lot of issues with the guide. We (rest of my system but not me, I'm only a couple years old) also have some more experience from before ever touching a tulpa community or hearing a single idea other than our own, so it's not like we were raised on Tulpa.info beliefs either. They sure do work well though, so we support them.

hohoho

Merry Christmas!

Incredibly dangerous? Not necessarily. Most of the claims regarding these "tough situations" should be taken with a grain of salt, not only because they're incredibly rare, but because many of them seem to be taking the piss instead of being legitimate. I'm not saying that all of them are false, but if you're going to warn about anything, it should be able jumping into something that requires responsibility, time, and effort without thinking about it.

None of them are false, but they are conclusions drawn from a really small amount of people that don't represent a very large portion of the rest of tulpamancers. But it's not like we've never heard of people having these sorts of problems before, they show up all the time, it's just that our answer is always that their beliefs (that things are outside their control, that tulpas can and will do this or that, etc.) are the problem and what need to change. So when it comes to a guide going off more or less the same beliefs (or at least holding them as normal and reliable), there's no real reason our answers will change.

Buuut for the probably last time unless you guys start fighting more and I have to mediate more, the guide isn't bad overall and IF we wanted to acknowledge those types of beliefs as healthy to have, the way the guide deals with them is how we'd want them to be dealt with. Like I said before, a good guide for a not so good way of thinking I guess. I almost want to say it bridges the gap between the different ways of thinking, but obviously some people still have problems with it so I guess not.

Well, I hope you're able to compromise/come-to-an-understanding enough that you still like the guide when it's approvable by the GAT!

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Luigi.exe changed the title to Tulpamancy: Guide Into the Strange and Wonderful [OUTDATED AND DEFUNCT]