Social Media, Rules, and Moderators.

Pleeb

Guest Anonymous

Well, then it's a question of whether we should let the idea grow on its own and possibly die, or force it upon people and let it grow through new users.

Faggot.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, then it's a question of whether we should let the idea grow on its own and possibly die, or force it upon people and let it grow through new users.

But it WILL die if we don't advertize. There are very little (none that I can really bring to the top of my head right now) ideas or organizations that have succeeded while it and it's users/followers did nothing.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

Faggot.

But it WILL die if we don't advertize. There are very little (none that I can really bring to the top of my head right now) ideas or organizations that have succeeded while it and it's users/followers did nothing.

Forcing it down the throats of others is a bad idea. Let it spread word-of-mouth. Well not entirely6. We should be passively pushing for this.

[Note: Opinions]

We aren't stagnant, and there's still the constant stream of new people wondering what the duck tulpas are. People coming her of their own curiosity would be much more likely to get into making a tulpa than someone who had tulpas shoved in their faces.

Let me put this in words you'll understand: leave someone alone and let them try MLP with their own curiosity and they'll be much more likely to get into it than someone who's constantly bombarded with pony crap

The reason we're getting a constant stream of new people is because I SEO-optimized the site, fought to have the url to these guides in the IRC topic, had Rhyme change Lounderthanthunder, had tulpa.info introduced to blogs, 4chan, dreamviews, etc, and am constantly looking for any new mention of "tupla" on the internet and promptly trying to link our site with them.

If I stopped all that, the stream of new people goes down, and activity dies; at least until we're stable enough to run via word-of-mouth.

Also, I'd like to make it clear: I don't think we should be forcing tulpae into anyone's faces. We're no more forcing tulpae down someone's throats than dreamviews with their Lucid Dream facebook and twitter pages.

If someone discovers tulpae, I want to find tulpa.info and not sites like these first.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

While it doesn't seem to be the highlight of the discussion right now, I just wanna contribute with an idea for the layout of the moderator voting: have one thread where people suggest candidates. Posts where people suggest themselves will be removed. Then have another thread (no posting allowed in this one, to prevent bias) where all candidates are available as voting options in a poll, sorted by name. This can run for about a week, so people won't miss it. Then, all current mods have their mod status revoked and the top X'th amount of people in the poll are the new mods.

I would love you if it would happen this way.

As for how often these votes will happen, that's up to you. I suggest something like every second or third month.

I think getting wider and larger community in is a positive step. Mainly for the mod selection process. A site that is shut off from "the ignorant masses of facebook kids and 4chan trolls" is still going to turn into a circlejerk, even if everyone there is a good person, follows the rules, is into the science, etc. You just won't know it because you will be in the circlejerk.

A stable and healthy little community to someone inside could look like a massive neckbeard hispter circlejerk from the outside. No one will want in, and if we grow to be at the top of Googles tulpa search rankings, we will be the face of tulpae, which is worse than people who don't know jack shit and think tulpae can take over your brain.

I agree with the expansion option. More people in the better. That's what Dreamviews did, they just put their names out there, got people in, the ones who were good people who followed the rules and were into the science stayed, the rest went. I grant you that a site on dreaming is an easier idea to plug than a site on super imaginary friends, but we know they both hold merit. It's just telling people that this shit be legit.

And you can't do that unless you tell people about it. As people said before, we don't have to shove it down people's throats, just get the word out. It's better than stagnating into a circlejerk of mods who can still abuse their power because the people who can vote to kick them won't, because it's a circlejerk.

frt

It's better than stagnating into a circlejerk of mods who can still abuse their power because the people who can vote to kick them won't, because it's a circlejerk.
Ah, yes, the tyranny of democracy. Still better than the tyranny of the elite nonetheless.

I hope that in time all thread like this, discussing this problem will become moot. Eventually the trolls will be gone and we will have a decent set of Mods who follow and enforce the rules fairly.

It's only a matter of time really, we can't really screw this up tbh. Only if you don't try to fix anything will it not happen.

frt