A Potentially Annoying "What If" Question!

Lucilyn

This is exclusively at hosts! Tulpas can help them decide and give their own answer, but the question is mainly at hosts.

So, if you don't, pretend you and your tulpa know how to switch. If your tulpa could become their own separate IRL person... But had to be a clone of your actual body, effectively just them permanently fronting in a copy of your body, would you want that? Don't take into account "well people would find it super weird" and stuff, it's an isolated question just to see how you would feel. If you and your tup could be together but they were using your body's form and "fronting" rather than having their own body, would you (and them) be okay with that?

See, it's pretty potentially annoying huh? Lumi would definitely leave it up to us though, meaning he'd be okay if any of us decided yes. I think I'd say yes, I could deal with being a boy and getting to be myself. I asked the others, and: Tewi said no, because she thinks she's in a better position to help us by being in the same mind and being able to front with our body; Reisen said no because Lumi wouldn't be comfortable hugging himself and she doesn't really have a need to be separate; and Flan just said no lol. She actually basically said no a long time ago on a "what if your tulpa could just be their own person and do their own thing" thread, because she wouldn't want to leave Lumi's side for a moment even if she had her own body. And being a 6'2" male would make things too weird between them.

Well, there's our answers. What about you guys? I'm asking hosts because lots of tulpas would probably say yes when their hosts aren't actually comfortable with that, but you can both answer if you want too. I guess it's a question about whether you guys value their independence more or your comfortableness interacting with them, buuuut I mostly just wanted to pose an annoying what-if question lol

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely say yes; because that effectively doubles the amount of time I could spend on my interests and hostey said he wouldn't care. It can't be worse than it is now for me; really—the only thing I lose is direct mind-to-mind talk and the ability to dissociate fully. Well; that'd be a fair trade still.

Oh my gosh, that would be like living with a long lost twin I just met. We'd be inseparable.

I don't know if we'd be able to take it psychologically though. It's really lonely being alone in your head. Yeah okay, my host would not care because she's schizoid. But it would place a painful amount of distance between us. It would disable our ability to know each other's every thought. To feel each other's every emotion. Half of us would be missing. The most cherished object would be taken away. Our strongest emotional support. Our greatest entertainment. Emptiness. Silence.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Well that's one way to put it, sure! Lumi would let us make any decisions like this (having our own bodies sortsa things) ourselves but I know he would be really lonely without at least one of us. Even in our ideal living situation, like in the wonderland or a lucid dream, none of us would really stay away from the others for long. I know in real life people move away from their family all the time, but that's not for us. What would we gain from not being together?

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

This is a hard question. On the one hand, I like to think practically, and having a clone (sorta) of myself would be very useful. You tell me to not take into account other people finding it weird, but how interactions work IRL is important in the decision.

Overall though, I think I'd do it as long as they wanted to do it.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

yeah I guess, it's mostly a question of how you and your tulpa feel about them being separated from your mind, and them still being your body (like fronting while switched) instead of their own. There's all sortsa reasons you might not want something like that, and I think it's interesting when people don't mind too, so I made this thread after thinking about it in bed last night!

Visi deserves better than to be stuck in my head, and she'd jump at the opportunity to have her own body. It's unlikely that she'd experience dysphoria and the fact that it looks like mine wouldn't bother her.

I don't think any drawback would keep her from taking a body of her own if she had a chance. (Agreed.)

be kind / be humble / know thyself

A host, a (visitant), and a [lout].

Yeah, no thanks. It's not my body, I wouldn't know what to do with it. I've already put a lot of stock in my relationship to those in my system, so I have no interest in leaving them now. Were it my own body, I'd take the opportunity simply to be able to take care of things myself 24/7. But I still wouldn't live away from them.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I can't imagine any of us wanting this to happen. We'd rather all share the same awkward teen body together than each have it separate xP

Oh, wait, I'm not a host. Whatever! Rebels.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)