A Potentially Annoying "What If" Question!

Lucilyn

Nope, mainly because we wouldn't be able to communicate as well. Having to use speech and writing and being unable to actually "open the lid" and see whatever lies behind the discourse (emotions, memories and such) would be too big a loss.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'd be a lot of fun... Imperfection like that is what makes interactions with others fun isn't it? Unless your relationship's all business?

all these new people who weren't here for the last "what if your tulpa could be real" thread though.. maybe I should've just bumped an old thread, but I wanted to put a twist on it

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

wouldn't having two bodies and brains be more efficient for making progress, so much so that it makes up for the increased effort put into communication? Also we feel like we understand each other well enough at this point that we could all live in separate bodies and still be 100% fine. But it's probably cheating that we shared a mind to begin with

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

[breach] If they wanted to be in a separate copy of this body, I would be the last one to stop them. Things would be different. Some pros and some cons. I would be OK with it. Don't know if they would be OK with it. One potential issue is timing. Right now would be a bad time since well, the bit of money we have saved up for SRS would then be split between us and it would be a very long time before any of us got it, let alone all of us. But, wait a couple years and then, well, everyone would have access to less wrong body if they choose to have a separate copy of it. Probably would still be no for them for other reasons.

Having two bodies and brains also doubles the maintenance cost. I mean we're close, and would probably share a bed. But would we be able to double our contribution to society?

Likewise here

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Host: This is easy for me. I have trouble motivating myself to maintain real relationships with others, even if I really want to. It's a strange quirk of mine. My tulpae being in bodies separate from my own would put an incredible distance between us because of it. I like our current relationship where we don't really need to say a word and can have entire conversations in silence by watching the other's thoughts. Plus, if we were all real it would jack up our cost of living. To live together or separate we'd all have to get separate jobs and I like having the support of my tulpae when I work my job. They help me keep it together and not mess up or forget things.

Krystaal: It would be nice to actually be able to have a physical relationship with my host for a change, but permanently? And in a copy of HIS body? Gross. I'd do it if I could choose my own body. Of course, with my own body comes a whole world of chaos outside me. I'd have to deal with having an actual life. Having to deal with the constant barrage of sensory information without being able to take a break would be miserable. So would having responsibilities of my own instead of responsibilities of my host I simply help with sometimes. Not to mention how my relationship with my host would change. Maybe I wouldn't do it after all.

Vera: I don't think I'd do it. As nice as it would be to experience the world all the time, I don't know if I could handle having my own life. So much responsibility. At least how it is now I can poof in and out whenever I want. With a real body you can't poof. You just... Shlump. And shlumping doesn't get you out of anything in real physical life.

Host: Daegan

Tulpa: Krystaal, Vera ;)

I can do imposition with him fine, because I can impose myself over our body, but.. No, he definitely wouldn't want to hug another guy. That would totally ruin all of our physical interaction, no thanks. I'm holding out for lucid dreaming, it's better.

Oh, and having my own body is a given, of course I'd prefer that. Not a chance in the world miscommunication will ever be a problem between us, so it'd just be perfect. It'd also free him from this lifelong goal of lucid dreaming, and I'd appreciate that.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

This is exclusively at hosts! Tulpas can help them decide and give their own answer, but the question is mainly at hosts.

So, if you don't, pretend you and your tulpa know how to switch. If your tulpa could become their own separate IRL person... But had to be a clone of your actual body, effectively just them permanently fronting in a copy of your body, would you want that? Don't take into account "well people would find it super weird" and stuff, it's an isolated question just to see how you would feel. If you and your tup could be together but they were using your body's form and "fronting" rather than having their own body, would you (and them) be okay with that?

See, it's pretty potentially annoying huh? Lumi would definitely leave it up to us though, meaning he'd be okay if any of us decided yes. I think I'd say yes, I could deal with being a boy and getting to be myself. I asked the others, and: Tewi said no, because she thinks she's in a better position to help us by being in the same mind and being able to front with our body; Reisen said no because Lumi wouldn't be comfortable hugging himself and she doesn't really have a need to be separate; and Flan just said no lol. She actually basically said no a long time ago on a "what if your tulpa could just be their own person and do their own thing" thread, because she wouldn't want to leave Lumi's side for a moment even if she had her own body. And being a 6'2" male would make things too weird between them.

Well, there's our answers. What about you guys? I'm asking hosts because lots of tulpas would probably say yes when their hosts aren't actually comfortable with that, but you can both answer if you want too. I guess it's a question about whether you guys value their independence more or your comfortableness interacting with them, buuuut I mostly just wanted to pose an annoying what-if question lol

Well being short, lacking arm strength and being female would utterly suck but it would be better than being stuck in the back of her head for life.

Host: Id be pretty disappointed myself but yeah. We could work around anything else

• 2 years later...

[Ashley] We're all very comfortable nestled up in this one body. If we could have our own bodies, like one that could be switched into and stored in the closet when not in use, that would be perfect, but not permanently, and certainly not another one of Bear's bodies. I love Bear's body, but we don't need two trucks tooling around here. One is plenty and it's very roomy in here.

[Misha] I wouldn't want to leave Bear for more than an hour if that.

[Joy] Meh, I don't want to do body maintenance so blek.

[Ashley] A big nope from us.