Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media

Lacquer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

ahh sense no ones said it yet. would fred (the guy in the giant bunny suit) in donnie darko count? ik hes technically a ghost from the future (wtf) but still could be seen as donnies tupper right?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone has said it yet, but the Imaginary Friend from the Sims 3 is pretty close. In the game, it can only be seen by the child Sim, but can act independently from the he/she's will. It can also become real (as in human-like real), but it is a video game, after all.

ahh sense no ones said it yet. would fred (the guy in the giant bunny suit) in donnie darko count? ik hes technically a ghost from the future (wtf) but still could be seen as donnies tupper right?

*coughcough* frank *coughcough*

Tulpa: Adryan Form: Anthro wolf-ish Stage: *sighs loudly*

“Human beings can always be relied on to assert, with vigor, their god-given right to be stupid”

-Dean Koontz

“In the end, I worry that my arrogance shall destroy us all”

-Brandon Sanderson

• 3 weeks later...

Basically i'm talking about characters in anime that could be considered tulpae. I realized Kuro and Shiro in Selector Infected WIXOSS are both Mayu's tulpa. Then thinking about it I realized Black Rock Shooter could be considered to have tulpae in it as well. Both shows have switching in them too. Any shows come to your minds?

Tulpamancing noob

If you want to narrow it down specifically to anime instead of the vastness of all media in general, I recently mentioned how the Personas from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (and, okay, maybe Trinity Soul...but I don't recommend watching Trinity Soul) could be sort of parrot-stage tulpas. In my opinion the video game was better than the anime, though.

Selector Infector WIXOSS, and Black Rock Shooter are the obvious examples i can think of that i didn't see mentioned. Also in Golden Time Banri's ghost is in fact his tulpa, although Banri can't interact with him really, but could feel his presence.

Tulpamancing noob

• 1 month later...

There's an Anime/Visual Novel called Umineko no Naku Koro ni, and about half the characters in in are debatably Tulpae, although it takes quite a while before someone reading it would start to figure that out. The anime doesn't make it very obvious at all, but I highly recommend the manga, since the VN is so damn long.

• 2 weeks later...

I was gonna say the Ghost from Destiny but then realized that he's able to do stuff to the world and talk to people. Not a bad concept for a Tulpa tho. They'd be "portable" Once imposed, they'd be inherently informative and helpful. If you wanted you could make them even sound like Peter Dinklage.

Perma Dinklebot, annyone?