Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media

Lacquer

[Hail] My whole system watched it last night. Fun movie. There are some systems composed of people who are predominately different emotions, but that seems to be rare. And the people in those systems tend to fill out (deviate) from that over time. But still, lots of plurality type stuff. The sharing of control, other than the fact that usually the person with the most control gets a 1st person view as opposed to a behind a screen view, sure is realistic. So was the fighting between them. The memory interface is definitely something similar to what quite a few systems have.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a really good movie. The personality aspects reminded me of tulpa-like things, but then there was also Bing-Bong, Riley's imaginary friend from when she was little.

Bud and I watched the whole movie with Breanna going, "hey look, that's a tupper thing!"

I'm going to watch the movie today all because you mentioned it here. I watched the trailer and I'm interested in it now.. Seeing it at 2:15PM today. Looks good.. Probably give my review of the movie later.

Don't believe the things I say just because I tell you.. Test these things and prove them to yourselves so that you know them to be true. ~The Buddha

Well.. I saw Inside Out.. I really liked it. The emotions at core control were kind of like Tulpas but were Unconscious entities to the girl. The Bing Bong character was more of a long forgotten Tulpa of her youth. I got a lump in my throat at the end of the movie and got a tear in one eye. I think it was a great family film.

Don't believe the things I say just because I tell you.. Test these things and prove them to yourselves so that you know them to be true. ~The Buddha

Merged Anybody seen Inside Out?

with this thread, with the same overall purpose.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen Inside Out and one thing that struck me was the very first scene, where Joy comes into existence within Riley's mind and begins examining herself and her surroundings with awe. It reminded me of a lot of tulpas' earliest memories that I've read about.