Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media

Lacquer

I don't think this qualifies as tulpamancy, but in the anime Death Note, the relationship between Ryuk and Light could be used as a way to explain how tulpas work. Except for the fact that tulpas don't need to eat and can't interact with the physical world except when possessing the creator.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, so it's been a long while since I posted on tulpa.info, but I'm kinda back :D..

Well what I wanted to ask is, are there any tulpa related movies? Preferably no wannabe horror movies or any creepy pasta stuff, just something related to tulpae. I couldn't really find anything else than some creepy pastas on the net, heh..

Thanks!

Eden

Tulpa: Chaia

Friendly, sensitive & funny female human

Not vocal yet

*4th January 2015*

~ may the FORCE be with you ~

I know of 2.. The First is "Drop Dead Fred" the other is "Inside Out"

Inside out isnt really Tulpas but it is close.. Drop Dead Fred is sooo Tulpa

Don't believe the things I say just because I tell you.. Test these things and prove them to yourselves so that you know them to be true. ~The Buddha

Merged Tulpa movies? with this thread.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• 3 months later...

I was wondering if anyone's spotted references to tulpas in pop culture.

While watching Chaos;Head, the main character seems to have a tulpa by the name of Seira Orgel after his favourite anime character. In Lars and the Real Girl, there's Bianca but I don't know if she counts because she's more physical. Then there's Ruby Sparks, which is a movie about an author who creates what seems to be a tulpa. Possibly in Community when Abed splits into two beings, is Evil Abed considered similar to a tulpa?

It'd be interesting to see what other forms of media have tulpas, I recall there being a Greek myth (I think is was Greek?) about a sculptor who fell in love with the statue of a woman he had carved, and developed a relationship with her. Is that tulpa related?

If I'm mistaken about any of the above, please correct me. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! We're famous now. Adventure Time just mentioned tulpas in the "Blank eyed girl" episode. Not a vague suggestion, like they've done so often, but they actually used the word tulpa! Though we were not shown in the greatest light, as Finn was referring to the creepy blank eyed girl as a possible tulpa. The definition they came up with for tulpa was something along the lines of: a thought form that with enough belief will take on a physical form. And that all they had to do was ignore it to make it go away. But it turns out she wasn't a tulpa.. Anywho, weird right? I was kinda wide-eyed when I heard them use the word tulpa. I think they're lurking. Hide your tuppers.