Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media

Lacquer

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because neither of you guys did their research. We've atleast one thread dedicated to tulpalike things in the media:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpas-and-tulpa-like-things-in-the-media

Also this:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpas-being-covered-tonight-on-fusion-network-tv

Regulary you find references to the subject in the media, but without much research behind it. The shortdocumentary seems to be done well , though.

[Note: This reply was posted before this post was merged into Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media. -Chupi]

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Remember that they still have to suit it to a wider audience's tastes. And because of that, they do not necessarily need to do their research nor base everything off of what research they did do. Drama usually edges out facts in entertainment.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

I know Adventure Time has already been said (great cartoon, by the way), but Fionna and Cake definitely seem like Ice King's tulpas, or ideas for tulpas. He also goes a bit crazy trying to make them real. Marshal Lee also seems tulpa-ish, but hasn't existed long enough to become a proper (more like the ideas of what our tulpas will look and act like, which ends up being very different) tulpa. The rest of the people in the story seem like servitors/NPC's with varying levels of intelligence.

no I did not do a ton of research

there is so much to read thru.

but I did find it curious to find tulpas

blurred with golem.

I thought this newest x-files episode

would make a good conversation topic

than you for the links. I will read thru them.

Because neither of you guys did their research. We've atleast one thread dedicated to tulpalike things in the media:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpas-and-tulpa-like-things-in-the-media

Also this:

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-tulpas-being-covered-tonight-on-fusion-network-tv

Regulary you find references to the subject in the media, but without much research behind it. The shortdocumentary seems to be done well , though.

The "tulpa on X-files?" thread has been merged into "Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media". A redirect to this thread will be in Q&A for 5 days in case people are looking for this thread.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

There's the anime Yu Yu Hakusho. One of the later villains, Shinobu Sensui, has 7 personalities, one being his true self, and the others being very tulpa-like.

Oh yeah, I remember him. His personalities struck me a little more as plurality than it did tulpa, but its been years since I've seen it, maybe my interpretation will have changed.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

• 10 months later...

What comes to mind for me is "Dexter," in terms of both the books and the show.

In the books, Dexter's Dark Passenger is another consciousness inside of his mind that laughs in his head and whispers hints to him. At times, the Dark Passenger can take control of his body, or they can share control. This is strikingly similar to tulpae, though tulpae likely do not have their hosts do what Dexter does. There was one point in the series when the Dark Passenger left Dexter and came back later. I don't think that's something tulpae can do.

In the show, the Dark Passenger is not as literal as in the books. The Dark Passenger in the show is just a metaphor Dexter uses. There is still, however, something extremely tulpa-like in the show: Dexter is able to see and speak to his father and brother, even though they are both dead. They are not ghosts, however, as they are products of Dexter's own insanity. They exist as a reminder to the audience that Dexter is not mentally stable. Another character had something like this, too. When I first learned of people imposing tulpae, this is what came to mind.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas