Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media

Lacquer

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex Rover in the movie Nim's Island is a fictional character brought to life inside the mind of the author. She sees him and communicates with him. And, as near as I can tell, this isn't mentioned on tvtropes.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Dumbledore

"Several people on the reliable internet have claimed to have created some, with beliefs ranging from "It's magical" to "It's a self-induced schizophrenia". Tulpa.info is probably the largest website about the phenomenon." Haha what TVtropes?

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

"Several people on the reliable internet have claimed to have created some, with beliefs ranging from "It's magical" to "It's a self-induced schizophrenia". Tulpa.info is probably the largest website about the phenomenon." Haha what TVtropes?

They also use the classic shitty "and they can influence the world around you!!", soooo...

Whoever wrote it probably didn't take it seriously.

Which is fine since it's a site for tropes in fiction, and fiction gives the same "hollywood version" they describe, pretty much every time. Apparently it's just not exciting enough unless your brain can wreck shit up.

Which reminds me, Remy's tulpa in Ratatouille was a very realistic textbook example. He didn't know anything that he and Remy hadn't already discovered, yet he was able to give advice and take his host by surprise. And he was purely nonphysical.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

>Ratatouille

>movie about a computer animated rat cooking things

>implying presence of tuppers

Did you and I watch the same movie?

It is the same movie. The main character (the rat) had a tulpa cook, which was in a fat human chef form (I think), talking to him in the movie.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

> Still using TVTropes

DUDE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Sock Cottonwell's

Sketchbook, Journal, and Ask thread.

Peace