Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media

Lacquer

I don't think this one has been stated before:

Gaius Baltar from Battlestar Galactica has a cylon Tulpa (or something similar to that).

(Serious spoiler hazard:

Or something different, since he's a cylon himself and I'm not sure if machines can have tulpae... Machines as advanced as cylons probably can though...

)

Also: First post. Yay.

'Ayrion' - White Dragon - * Feb 21 2013 - ☑Form ☑Mindvoice ☐Activity/Independance

Either talks between ' ' or [ ]

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The character of Sai in Hikaru no Go is a ghost that resembles a tulpa: only Hikaru can see or hear him; Sai can't wander away from Hikaru, but he can disappear when not needed; he requires lots of Hikaru's attention; and

Sai disappears permanently once Hikaru stops paying attention to him.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Dumbledore

I did thought of Sai, but I see him more of a ghost.

But when you said those, yeah, he seems much more like a tulpa now. He's still a ghost to me though, due to the blood stain on that Go board.

Chloe - That cheerful girl with ponytail.

Aigis - The male cyborg that looks like raiden in MGR.

Vixen - Half dragon female who looks like Mary in DMC3 when in human form.

So I finished reading a book about a week ago, about this 6th grader who goes through all this crazy shit. Anyway, I noticed that, after finishing the book, I realized he had an incidental tulpa! The book is called Middle School; The Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson. If anyone here has read, is in the process of reading, or is planning to read this book, please tell me your thoughts or post a book that you find that has a tulpa in it.

And that's how I ended up in this padded cell

PR

Guest Little Storm Cloud

Graham Masterton's novel 'The Doorkeepers'.

So I finished reading a book about a week ago, about this 6th grader who goes through all this crazy shit. Anyway, I noticed that, after finishing the book, I realized he had an incidental tulpa! The book is called Middle School; The Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson. If anyone here has read, is in the process of reading, or is planning to read this book, please tell me your thoughts or post a book that you find that has a tulpa in it.

I totally forgot about that! Awesome book.

Monk:

Adrean Monk's dead wife (in a way) is treated like a tulpa in some moments.

Name: Luna (Used to be "Dashie")

Birthday: Jan 29, 2013

Form: Rainbow Dash

Stage: Imposition/Visualization/Voice