Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media

Lacquer

I don't think Jessica, the alter-ego of Niki Sanders from the TV series Heroes has been mentioned.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -- Dumbledore

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Jessica, the alter-ego of Niki Sanders from the TV series Heroes has been mentioned.

But she was more of just a split personality... I wouldn't know if she would qualify per se...

My thoughts for today... The sprites from Homestuck could essentially be considered tulpa-ish... They're prototyped with things and they become sprites that help you with things. But not without a little sass thrown in. They're fully their own people (depending on who or what they were prototyped with...)

“Life was a wheel, its only job was to turn, and it always came back to where it started.” - Stephen King

“No great thing is created suddenly.” -Stephen King

Guest Anonymous

As a preface, I'd like to say it's a shitty show I've watched with pleasure twice.

Mirai Nikki. The main character has tulpas in the first episode, a God of time and a weird little spirit creature. At several points in the show, he and other characters enter a sort of Wonderland to speak with those two. Barring the fact that the tulpas end up being real, they pretty much fit the bill perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been wondering the difference between a tulpa, and a spirit possessing someones body. Two examples are Bates from the video game Clock Tower 2: The Struggle Within, and Lia de Beaumont from the anime Le Chevalier D'Eon.

If anyone knows of these two, I'd like second opinions. :>

Taking one step at a time.

I think it should be a point to read the posts of the thread before posting because I see so may repeats of fosters home and supernatural its pretty bad

Amelia- Oct. 7, 2012

Mitsuki- Oct. 31, 2014 

• 1 month later...

Haha, I thought this would be a fun thread to post. What stories, movies, games or shows have you seen that have something that could be close to being considered a tulpa?

Here's a few I found:

(Film)Pokemon Movie 3: The Entei Molly created could be considered a Tulpa

(Film)Tron Legacy: CLU is essentially a digital tulpa created by Flynn (Fool of a man, this is why we don't create tulpa's based on ourselves!!!).

(Most obvious reference ever made)His Dark Materials Trilogy: Daemons (Fin).

(Anime)Bleach: Zanpaktou's.

(Game) Persona: Persona's (Derp) and quite possibly Igor.

So how 'bout it, any other stories out there that bring a tulpa to mind?

“Of course it is happening inside your head... but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” -Albus Dumbledore

"Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some...don't ever want to." -Cheshire Cat

Merged this post with similar thread.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

There's Mike from the Total Drama series but that's more a case of alters than anything. Also, that one anime where a girl was getting bullied until a new personality surfaced, named Nana, who kicked all the bullies arses but ended up getting her host in trouble xD

Will list tulpas when I get things sorted out in my head.