Tulpas and Tulpa-like Things in the Media

Lacquer

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game Finding Paradise, the sequel to To the Moon, is one such case. I really don't want to spoil anything for this, because it's quite an experience, especially if you loved the first game. So stop reading and check it out!

So this is one of the big plot twists (so stop reading if you haven't played it!!), but one of the characters in the game is undoubtedly a tulpa. They don't use the word tulpa, but it fits the bill quite nicely. I'm still not sure what the developer of the game is trying to tell us with the departure of her character in the patient's life, but her character isn't portrayed as a negative thing for him, so there's that. I have to say though, their last conversation with each other did make me tear up. Not saying any names, but it will be pretty easy to tell once you play it.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

• 1 month later...

There's a Brazilian movie and TV show called "the invisible woman". It's in Portuguese and it doesn't say anything tulpas, but the way it's shown is very similar to tulpamancy.

~dayse

[insert inspiring story here]

I hear the anime paranoia agent has a tulpa in it

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

I think we can say the movie "Harvey" could be in the running. Clearly, it didn't use 'tulpa' as a descriptor, but I doubt any credible US source had the word tulpa when that movie came out.

I would argue for 'tulpa' being a part of Fight Club.

'Drop Dead Fred,' 1991 Phoebe Cates...