Lez Do Dis

So, I've officially decided to make a tulpa, But have a couple questions that i couldnt find answers for during my lurking.

1.) Will a tulpa care if she is based off of a character?

2.) Can i change the form of a tulpa while keeping her personality? (I want to start with an anime look, But may just change her to be a normal human)

3.) Is there a way to hide any thoughts/memories?

4.) Is a tulpa worth the 100+ Hours?

5.)What is the most recommend starting point/guide to go off of?

1. Maybe but maybe not. Make sure she can be free to be her own person. Don't give her memories from what she is from.

2. Might be difficult.. She will likely change on her own anyway. Mine turned from realistic to cartoony to a mix.

3. Yup

4. Yup. Also might take more or even less time.

5. I am digging bluesleeve's guide. Also used Irish's wonderland because it gives them a place to hang out.

1.) Will a tulpa care if she is based off of a character?

As long as there's no pressure for her to be anything like the "original" one, she'll probably be overall fine with it. Maybe annoyed in some cases, but fine.

2.) Can i change the form of a tulpa while keeping her personality? (I want to start with an anime look, But may just change her to be a normal human)

Yes, usually. Early on is the best time to do that, of course.

3.) Is there a way to hide any thoughts/memories?

To a degree, but chances are she'll get to them eventually, and you'll probably let her. The tulpa/host relationship is a very open one, and she won't judge.

4.) Is a tulpa worth the 100+ Hours?

Yep. And I don't suggest counting hours, makes it seem like work.

5.)What is the most recommend starting point/guide to go off of?

Your brain. Just find some basic concepts and work with them in any way you feel comfortable with.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

awww man it's da guy from the KS forums. how ya doin' buddy!

1) Maybe, if that's your main aim for your tulpa and not because you want them to develop their own character. I already touched upon that in that locked thread.

2) Yea, but they will most likely change if they want to. There's nothing you can do about that

3) It's possible and I have but a tulpa that knows you is a tulpa that will get on with you the best.

4) That's for you to decide

5) Think about what you want, plan it out step by step and then go for it. Doing what you feel is best is better than following a guide.

4/10 most of these questions could be answered by the guides. Nothing new apart from 3 maybe.

!) ERR MA GERRD

@) ERR MA GERRD

#) ERR MA GERRD

$) ERR MA GERRD

%) ERR MA GERRD

Nah, but seriously. Lurk better. Most yo shit's been answered a million and a half times.

Reply has ended. You can stop reading now.

1. Might, might not. Don't try to copy their personality exactly, and do emphasize to them that they're their own person. And don't be upset when the form and personality deviate some.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, but I wouldn't. She'll probably see them eventually. Better to just get it out in the open and discuss it early on, I figure.

4. Don't believe it will necessarily take 100+ hours. This belief will only make it take longer.

5. Irish or FAQ_Man guides, as people have stated. However they're partly outdated, and are missing some new concepts. Important bits:

* Believe your tulpa is sentient from the very start. Try to truly believe it. This will greatly speed things up.

* If using FAQ_Man's guides, IGNORE all reference to numbers of hours spent on each phase. (Please see here.) Start narration early and talk to your tulpa a lot.

* Guides are an overall outline of what needs to be done. How and when you do them, and how much you overlap and combine is up to you. Do what feels right.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

I also admittedly second The Ping.

Pretty much all your questions were the really dead-basic ones we've answered a hundred times before... if they aren't in the FAQ, we should add them.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.