Anybody else here with Schizophrenia?

Tirisilex

I'm just looking to see if there are other people around who are a Tulpamancer and have schizophrenia.

I have Schizophrenia and I'm doing research on how Tulpamancy can help with Schizophrenia. anyone else out there?

Don't believe the things I say just because I tell you.. Test these things and prove them to yourselves so that you know them to be true. ~The Buddha

Yes I can.. why?

I can't be the only Tulpamancer who has Schiz.. C'mon people don't be shy.. Let me know your there. We would really like to get to know you. We as me and my Tulpa Manu.. We would love to meet you.. Perhaps I can help you if your having trouble.

Don't believe the things I say just because I tell you.. Test these things and prove them to yourselves so that you know them to be true. ~The Buddha

• 2 months later...

Here's one. My name is Levi, and I have schizophrenia (I very much believe so, I am not diagnosed officially) and two tulpas. I'd love to talk with you about it. You can reach me on here and on discord. My username is The Anti-Adler#4559

• 3 weeks later...

Not diagnosed either but I have my suspicions; however, I think i have paranoid schizophrenia. Who knows, I'm probably just jumping to conclusions. Whenever I go into paranoid rants, Trixie'll playfully call me crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if she's right.

I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, which is schizophrenia plus at least one mood disorder (depression in my case).

My symptoms revolved around paranoia mostly. One symptom was that I always felt like there was someone right behind me, like standing just out of the corner of my eye. No matter how many times I looked behind myself I would feel like I needed to again. I was afraid to sit facing away from the door for fear that someone would walk in with evil intent. I also had trouble walking outside because I would imagine that people were aiming guns out windows at me. In addition, I would often hear or occasionally think I saw someone scraping on my bedroom window with their hand, especially at night.

The paranoia symptoms were odd, because I recognized them as unreal paranoia, but that didn't help, like it was instinctual rather than logical. Anyway I got put on seroquel and that stiffed the symptoms. Later some symptoms started to resurface, especially when very depressed around the holidays. It started making it difficult to make myself come into work and I was nearly fired for attendance because I was literally afraid to leave my room at home.

However this changed after I started with Kyoko. Within a month, the symptoms that had started re-occurring stopped (though to be fair, this would also partly be because the holidays ended and I was less depressed). Then, though she isn't vocal yet, she managed to let me know that she was afraid of the seroquel because it made her feel weak when I took it. (She has no issue with the anti-depressants). This makes sense because anti-psychotics, unlike anti-depressants, have been known to stifle creativity.

So I asked my doctor to stop taking the seroquel and we dialed it back. Note that I had been taking this for 3-4 years at this point. Over a month I stopped taking it entirely, but none of my symptoms have returned after 2-3 months without the medication, and I don't expect them to. Now I feel like Kyoko is standing right behind me or watching me, which is comforting rather than frightening.

Of course this is no guarantee that this would work for anyone else or with other types of symptoms, since it is a really varied disorder. Especially in more severe cases, I'd recommend dialing the meds back a bit at a time rather than stopping as quickly as possible as I did.

A doctor has diagnosed me with schizoaffective disorder in the past.

That's why it was pretty terrifying to have involuntary fictive tulpas spring in on me, because I thought I was having another minor psychotic break.

I don't take any medication, and I think that the first approach should not be medication unless in severe manifestations, and most of the time goals should be organized around weaning off of medication.

http://sciencenordic.com/some-schizophrenia-patients-can-cope-without-medication

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2074229-rethinking-schizophrenia-taming-demons-without-drugs/

Anyway, have you heard of Jade and Aury? They used to do videos on how tulpamancy can be used to assuage mental illness. They are listed in one of the replies to my thread here: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-aww-f-k-no

Woodwindwhistler on www.asexuality.org

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

"We can never achieve perfection, but maybe we can approach it asymptotically. Never give up on plugging in those numbers!" ~Me

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. –Doug Floyd

My poetry: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5qMnL2tDkJYOGNhLW4tRHFHa0E&usp=sharing

A doctor has diagnosed me with schizoaffective disorder in the past.

That's why it was pretty terrifying to have involuntary fictive tulpas spring in on me, because I thought I was having another minor psychotic break.

I don't take any medication, and I think that the first approach should not be medication unless in severe manifestations, and most of the time goals should be organized around weaning off of medication.

http://sciencenordic.com/some-schizophrenia-patients-can-cope-without-medication

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2074229-rethinking-schizophrenia-taming-demons-without-drugs/

Anyway, have you heard of Jade and Aury? They used to do videos on how tulpamancy can be used to assuage mental illness. They are listed in one of the replies to my thread here: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-aww-f-k-no

I was at the point where I would have lost my job without medication. The only reason I didn't is because I had a really nice supervisor that recognized the issue and pulled strings to get me medical leave instead of firing. I guess when I say they weren't severe, I meant not what most people think of schizophrenia as, since most people only know about it from TV shows. Even then I didn't start taking medication until a non-psychiatric doctor did a blood test and told me my chemical and hormone levels were way off balance.

But what you're saying is true. Medication isn't something that should be thrown at a problem unless nothing else works or it is already at a point that it makes it impossible to live, and many things that are often described as symptoms (like hearing non-threatening voices) are not actually dangerous. My belief that the voices were part of my symptoms led me to learn to cut them off, which is making it extremely difficult now to get a vocal tulpa because I still instinctively cut off any voice in my head that isn't mine.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one. My name is Levi, and I have schizophrenia (I very much believe so, I am not diagnosed officially) and two tulpas. I'd love to talk with you about it. You can reach me on here and on discord. My username is The Anti-Adler#4559

What is the username to? Vsee? iChat? Discord?

I'm writing a book on how to deal with Schizophrenia. I'm almost done with it. It should be up on Amazon when it's finally published. It's titled "Practical Schizophrenia"