Has anyone here really managed to hallucinate your tulpa in reality?

Carlos

First of all, if your tulpa isn't really "aware" after 4 years,

There's a big difference between "4 years of work" and "it has been 4 years since I started". I should know.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ Jean-Luc... (The picture and the comment together, oh, I wish I could capture that...)

Mr. Carlos.... You sound seriously intent on wanting this, that usually translates into good belief, which means to me there is no reason why you can't be successful. The first suggestion was to do Lucid Dreaming, and I support that as first option. In fact, that is skillset that you need to develop so you're aren't chasing some of the drastic options available to humans, because, as you well noted, they could be dangerous; dangerous or not, all choices have consequences.

I like your hypnosis option. This is such a broad term, it leads me to wonder how you engaged it. Was it a professional, or was it a pre-recorder youtube video? Did you have one session or multiple sessions. And then I have to wonder about how you process hypnosis, are you a good subject, how much resistance do you bring to the table. (Resistance is not a bad thing. It is what it is. In fact, the walls and personality filters are basically your life support system, they're there to protect you. don't dismiss these things, but use them for navigating.) There are some people who can be hypnotized once for smoking cessation, and that does the trick. There are some people that need multiple sessions. There some people who need multiple sessions and also life affirming choices to support their desire to stop smoking. Maybe, you're in the latter category, where you need multiple sessions, with a good therapist... which could be problematic if 'good therapist' means they're not going help you hallucinate... Yeah, unless you have a 'tulpa' friendly therapist that is willing to help unlock this, ummm, well... I won't belabor that.

There is also a thing of trying too hard. Oh, god help my memory, someone here said it, or their tulpa said it, where the tulpa said "Just shut up already so I can have a turn..." I found that to be really funny. I hope you do, too. So, analogy, if I were teaching a person to 'astral project' the most difficult part to teach is getting a person to let go of their intellect, to let go of their sense of control, and just allow an experience. You may find this analogy extends to learning Lucid Dreaming. Sometimes the more forceful you are in trying to make it happen, the less likely it is to happen; taking any aids is trying to force it to happen (Like melatonin or other supplements) could have an adverse affect. Specifically, if you don't trust yourself enough that you can do this, taking said supplement reinforces this subconscious belief that you're not capable, which leaves you stuck in this seemingly unproductive state. For lucid dreaming, you follow the protocols, and then you let go and you trust, and you fall asleep, and whatever experience you have, you embrace that, record it in a journal, and you continue the practice.

I think if you extend this to tulpamancy, it will help you get progress. Do your practice, but at some point, turn the intellect off and simply dive into experience. I think you are onto something with your diving into depriving yourself of some of your senses, in terms of quieting the external and enhancing internal, but if it only magnifies your intellectual drive to make something happen, it can be counter productive. Your hand has the cookie, but you're going to have to let go to get your hand out of the jar... Have you ever heard of a float spa? It's basically an isolation tank where you float in hypersalinated water, so you can't sink, in dark space. it's like the most intense floating, as close to the womb experience that you will ever get back to. If you can afford it, and there is one in your area, I recommend trying that. But if you go in, go in with the purpose of just experiencing, not directing.

Oh, and I recommend, no more drugs. (If you're an adult, I am not telling you not to, you're an adult. If you're under 18, I am telling you not to.) Hypothetically speaking, when shamans and 'practitioners of this art' utilize substance to help travel, they have ceremonies. The rituals they use have very precise psychological scaffolding that influence the outcomes of experience. you are less likely to have a bad 'trip' when using protocols and are surrounded by knowledgeable, experienced travelers. That's actually in the literature, and I wish more people that say they are 'experimenting' would read more on the subject. (Stanislov Grof, for example.) Even if you have a positive experience, you're not guaranteed to unlock your tulpa using this method. If you're determined, though, to explore alternative approaches to altering consciousness, I recommend this one little book called "Get High Now (without Drugs)" by James Nestor. Humans have been trying to get high since the first human, and there are myriad of ways of altering consciousness. Just spinning around on merry go round alters consciousness. Ummm, if I am not mistaken, there is actually a chapter or entry on making tulpas... don't quote me on that, I don't have the book in front of me... but, it gives you an option if another four years of practicing the protocols has resulted in progress. (it shouldn't take that long. We may have to examine your protocols and understanding of protocols, should that be the case.)

LOL @ Jean-Luc... (The picture and the comment together, oh, I wish I could capture that...)

Mr. Carlos.... You sound seriously intent on wanting this, that usually translates into good belief, which means to me there is no reason why you can't be successful. The first suggestion was to do Lucid Dreaming, and I support that as first option. In fact, that is skillset that you need to develop so you're aren't chasing some of the drastic options available to humans, because, as you well noted, they could be dangerous; dangerous or not, all choices have consequences.

I like your hypnosis option. This is such a broad term, it leads me to wonder how you engaged it. Was it a professional, or was it a pre-recorder youtube video? Did you have one session or multiple sessions. And then I have to wonder about how you process hypnosis, are you a good subject, how much resistance do you bring to the table. (Resistance is not a bad thing. It is what it is. In fact, the walls and personality filters are basically your life support system, they're there to protect you. don't dismiss these things, but use them for navigating.) There are some people who can be hypnotized once for smoking cessation, and that does the trick. There are some people that need multiple sessions. There some people who need multiple sessions and also life affirming choices to support their desire to stop smoking. Maybe, you're in the latter category, where you need multiple sessions, with a good therapist... which could be problematic if 'good therapist' means they're not going help you hallucinate... Yeah, unless you have a 'tulpa' friendly therapist that is willing to help unlock this, ummm, well... I won't belabor that.

There is also a thing of trying too hard. Oh, god help my memory, someone here said it, or their tulpa said it, where the tulpa said "Just shut up already so I can have a turn..." I found that to be really funny. I hope you do, too. So, analogy, if I were teaching a person to 'astral project' the most difficult part to teach is getting a person to let go of their intellect, to let go of their sense of control, and just allow an experience. You may find this analogy extends to learning Lucid Dreaming. Sometimes the more forceful you are in trying to make it happen, the less likely it is to happen; taking any aids is trying to force it to happen (Like melatonin or other supplements) could have an adverse affect. Specifically, if you don't trust yourself enough that you can do this, taking said supplement reinforces this subconscious belief that you're not capable, which leaves you stuck in this seemingly unproductive state. For lucid dreaming, you follow the protocols, and then you let go and you trust, and you fall asleep, and whatever experience you have, you embrace that, record it in a journal, and you continue the practice.

I think if you extend this to tulpamancy, it will help you get progress. Do your practice, but at some point, turn the intellect off and simply dive into experience. I think you are onto something with your diving into depriving yourself of some of your senses, in terms of quieting the external and enhancing internal, but if it only magnifies your intellectual drive to make something happen, it can be counter productive. Your hand has the cookie, but you're going to have to let go to get your hand out of the jar... Have you ever heard of a float spa? It's basically an isolation tank where you float in hypersalinated water, so you can't sink, in dark space. it's like the most intense floating, as close to the womb experience that you will ever get back to. If you can afford it, and there is one in your area, I recommend trying that. But if you go in, go in with the purpose of just experiencing, not directing.

Oh, and I recommend, no more drugs. (If you're an adult, I am not telling you not to, you're an adult. If you're under 18, I am telling you not to.) Hypothetically speaking, when shamans and 'practitioners of this art' utilize substance to help travel, they have ceremonies. The rituals they use have very precise psychological scaffolding that influence the outcomes of experience. you are less likely to have a bad 'trip' when using protocols and are surrounded by knowledgeable, experienced travelers. That's actually in the literature, and I wish more people that say they are 'experimenting' would read more on the subject. (Stanislov Grof, for example.) Even if you have a positive experience, you're not guaranteed to unlock your tulpa using this method. If you're determined, though, to explore alternative approaches to altering consciousness, I recommend this one little book called "Get High Now (without Drugs)" by James Nestor. Humans have been trying to get high since the first human, and there are myriad of ways of altering consciousness. Just spinning around on merry go round alters consciousness. Ummm, if I am not mistaken, there is actually a chapter or entry on making tulpas... don't quote me on that, I don't have the book in front of me... but, it gives you an option if another four years of practicing the protocols has resulted in progress. (it shouldn't take that long. We may have to examine your protocols and understanding of protocols, should that be the case.)

I would do anything to see my tulpa. I agree with you, hypnosis is a very effective technique but the problem is that it is very difficult to self hypnotize, however I will continue trying it thousands of times more. I knew hypnosis from a book I read several years ago, the author was Milton Erickson. I have never been hypnotized by another person, and if they would try to hypnotize me, I guess I would be very resistant to being carried away by the hypnotherapist. I think that's my problem, I rationalize things too much maybe that's why I can not see my tulpa.

I've been looking for a book like that for a long time, thanks for the suggestion.

I would do anything to see my tulpa. I agree with you, hypnosis is a very effective technique but the problem is that it is very difficult to self hypnotize, however I will continue trying it thousands of times more. I knew hypnosis from a book I read several years ago, the author was Milton Erickson. I have never been hypnotized by another person, and if they would try to hypnotize me, I guess I would be very resistant to being carried away by the hypnotherapist. I think that's my problem, I rationalize things too much maybe that's why I can not see my tulpa.

I've been looking for a book like that for a long time, thanks for the suggestion.

I love Erickson. I have one of his books on my desk at work. Some of his stuff is so rich, I have to read it in chunks. And then re-read. He is not on my casual read list. One pathway into hypnosis is repetition, as, technically, one could make an argument that all thinking is at some level is hypnosis. You are either rehearsing something to convince yourself of the reality, denying something to convince yourself of the reality, or you are engaging it, to affirm its reality, from a subjective perspective. If you have ever engaged in rehearsing an argument before you even engaged the other who will be the recipient of your proposal, you were definitely convincing yourself of something. (That is not necessarily a bad thing.) The trick with repetition becomes crafting the statement in a such a way as to not to inflate the subconscious opposite of the intention.

I am going to offer another book recommendation that I have actually recommend to clients in terms of modeling how to reduce negative self tapes. You can use it for anything. I think I saw a free PDF version of it. I can only find the PDF summary, which is good start, but the book is good for any self motivation kinds of activities.

"What to say when you talk to yourself," by Shad Helmstetter. You shouldn't have any problem finding this book.

If you can find through half price books, or online, or a used book store, this book is worth keeping/reading: "Beyond the Relaxation Response" by Herbert Benson.

It has been my experience when someone offers a theory like, "Maybe I rationalize too much..." as an explanation, then it is usually worth exploring. I suspect many of the initial stages of Tulpamancy is left brain kind of stuff, with more and more right brain drawn into the process as one moves along, and so if it's hard to let go and let right brain play, well, yeah i suppose that could slow progress; i don't think it will stop progress. Whenever we learn a new skill set, we exaggerate procedures and repeat procedures until we get it. It's like learning to drive a car. It took a tremendous amount of focus to do this, but one day, you hopped in your car and you drove from point A to point B, talking on the phone, switching CD's, or channels, or talking to someone, and you arrived, safely, and maybe you don't even remember driving and you wonder, how did I get here, which is a great line from a Talking Head Song... oh, rambling. This seems true to me for Tulpamancy. You practice and repeat so much so much that you get bored and you want to quit, and give up, but you dig your heels in and you make yourself practice some more, and then suddenly, your subconscious takes over because it knows the response and it kicks it back before you can consciously do it, and then, if you're like me, you get freaked out because, OMG, was that her? was that me, and it feels kind of spooky, but you keep on keeping on, because that was cool/different and, then suddenly, not only are you getting responses that you have been modeling over and over, you start getting stuff that's different. There is no short cut to this. At least, I don't believe there is. Now that I know that I can do this, I don't even know if I could discover a faster way because, I am already there, and if someone reports a short cut, I am going to be skeptical and just assume they're better at imagination than I... So, in short, could you be rationalizing, maybe. But if you rationalize persistence, and keep engaging, I believe you will arrive.

There's a big difference between "4 years of work" and "it has been 4 years since I started". I should know.

I have to agree with jean-luc on this one. My host Cat has forced with me on and off over a really long time, but she did not work on forcing often enough to make significant progress until more recently.

I am curious what you mean by "nor have I managed to make my tulpa really aware after 4 years of effort." Does your Tulpa talk back to you? Do you feel like you're controlling the situation? Do you find it easy to talk/communicate with your Tulpa(What is there name)? If this problem can be addressed, then it may make it easier for you to see your Tulpa. It is also possible this problem could boil down to a relationship issue, but the lack of context limits my advice here.

Cat still has trouble seeing me sometimes (mostly due to inexperience with daily forcing), although lately I want to blame stress and sleep deprivation as the root cause for her recent struggles. Managing your stress may make it easier for you to focus and visualize. Cat's ability to visualize clearly tanks the more stressed and overwhelmed she becomes.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I have to agree with jean-luc on this one. My host Cat has forced with me on and off over a really long time, but she did not work on forcing often enough to make significant progress until more recently.

I am curious what you mean by "nor have I managed to make my tulpa really aware after 4 years of effort." Does your Tulpa talk back to you? Do you feel like you're controlling the situation? Do you find it easy to talk/communicate with your Tulpa(What is there name)? If this problem can be addressed, then it may make it easier for you to see your Tulpa. It is also possible this problem could boil down to a relationship issue, but the lack of context limits my advice here.

Cat still has trouble seeing me sometimes (mostly due to inexperience with daily forcing), although lately I want to blame stress and sleep deprivation as the root cause for her recent struggles. Managing your stress may make it easier for you to focus and visualize. Cat's ability to visualize clearly tanks the more stressed and overwhelmed she becomes.

My tulpa is called valeska (she is a woman) is very tender, I adore it. She answers my questions (sometimes) and also moves on her own but I feel that I was controlling her. It is not very easy to talk to her but nothing moves and she makes gestures with her hands. I want her to tell me something that I can not think ... I told her to try to surprise but nothing happened. Besides, if I do not encourage her to move and talk, then she does not do anything, she just stays still

• 1 month later...

I'll do anything to hallucinate her permanently. Tell me all the methods that exist to be able to hallucinate for a moment or permanently, I am not interested in suffering, torturing myself, I will do anything. I have tried almost all the methods but none of them work for me. I want to see my tulpa, I want it too

Hello, Carlos.

No one can say this better than Luminesce already has. The guides are the only known way to work. We can encourage you not to give up, because the techniques in the guides work. If this were an easy thing, there would probably be a lot more people doing it. There are hurdles to overcome, like social and psychological programming; I am not saying programming in a bad way, but rather, we live in societies, and this is not a skill set that is taught or encouraged. There was a Doctor who once said it takes 10,000 hours to master something. It doesn't take that long to develop a skill set; it takes that long to like 'master' something. 40 hours is the minimum number of hours you need to earn a pilots license, some people take longer. It takes anywhere from 22 to 45 hours to learn to drive. Learning to fly a plane is easier than learning to make a tulpa. Not mastering flying, just learning the basics so you can fly a private plane... Mastering flying, require hours in the plane.

You are what, 22 years old? You have spent the last 22 years learning to be you. Seriously, people think that being themselves just comes naturally, but it doesn't. You worked hard at being you. There are lots of people who don't know who they are or what they want in life. based on your last sentence, you KNOW what you want... Yay. That's huge. It's got you past the door and into an exciting new world... And now, you are practicing skill sets on being someone different. That's complicated and I don't know if it sounds right... Your brain is learning to be someone different. You are not your brain, but you live in your brain, and for the last 22 years your brain as developed parallel with you, wiring its inner circuitry to accommodate your preferences and existence. You are now rewiring your brain. You're adding neural components to your brain. Building a tulpa is habituation, practice, slow, methodical, no short cuts, simple repetition learning to walk and think and be, and there is a threshold that everyone has to meet... that threshold is different for everyone, and it means something slightly different for everyone, sometimes its hours, sometimes its changing beliefs, or combinations there of, and once you meet that magical number, things take over and it snowballs in the direction, but there is no short cut, no pill, just flat doing the work, and it takes whatever time it takes... I wonder, sometimes, if wanting something too much can slow the process down. If you wanted to win a gold medal, you don't just show up and compete, you practice, you eat well, you change your life in small increments over time... Creating a tulpa is mental gymnastics. If you want to make new friends, you don't just show up a bar and throw money and act all enthusiastic, you'll scare people away. Making a tulpa is showing up at the bar and building a network over time, through consistency, regularity, till one day you show up and everyone yells "Norm..." Well, or Carlos.

Your brain is plastic. It can change to accommodate what you're asking. Your are literally in the driver seat of a Ferrari! One of the best computers nature has designed. Up till now, you have only driven on the back roads of your neighborhood, but now you're asking it to perform the way it was design to preform, only... you're going off road! :) Metaphors are your friends. Good things rarely come without work. Could you win the lottery? Sure. You could get struck by lightening. You could have one of those strokes that leaves you a piano virtuoso. That has been known to happen. Most the time, it doesn't happen that way. It's why no one signs up for strokes.

You got this. Hang in there. If you are a high frequency tech user, you might consider less tech. Cell phones, apps, social media, they zap our attention, dividing mental energy in trade for virtual currency... people use to remember phone numbers, because we didn't carry them on cell phones, right? Few people remember numbers now, because, quite frankly, we don't need to. Why use brain power to store information you don't need... but this is exactly the memory storage place you're utilizing. hope this rambling is helpful.

I've just gotten back into imposing extremely frequently (numerous times every single day) and I can say it'll definitely get more real-feeling over time. You will not make them into an actual human being. But you can absolutely get to a point where both you and your tulpa feel their presence where they are imposed. I recently slept in a cold and relatively empty room with a couple of beds, but had all four of my tulpas imposed, and took heavy notice of the fact I really felt like I wasn't alone there even though I definitely was, lol.

Just keep up the practice, get into the habit of trying to impose your tulpa in your daily life. The senses will start to feel more real over time with practice and consistency. They won't become physically real (if you want this, which is pretty reasonable to want, practice lucid dreaming), but they can feel "there" enough to feel like you're not alone without too much effort IMO.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

@Carlos

Have you ever considered mild sensory deprivation? Specifically, utilising three-dimensional eye covers or halved ping pong balls over your eyes whilst playing different kinds of white noise? These in tandem a great way to achieve random hallucinations (your brain is effectively reproducing input wherein there is little or none.) If permissible to your situation, you could also try for admission to a sensory deprivation tank or a negative decibel chamber (the latter is much more rare as they are typically reserved for astronauts who need to acclimate to the unruly dark vacuum of space.)

I've never had the opportunity to try any of these tools myself, yet I do read about how they can get you "in the zone" to further imposition ambitions.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.