Has anyone here really managed to hallucinate your tulpa in reality?

Carlos

Hi. I am a retired psychiatrist. (MD)  I practiced for thirty years, and primarily worked with the severely mentally ill. I am having trouble with the equation, imposition = hallucination. In my experience, and this is admittedly from a medical point of view, hallucinations were primarily audial, and invariably were accompanied by a bad (dysphoric) mood or emotion. Visual hallucinations were almost always associated with an organic brain syndrome, frequently caused by intoxication. Others, like  smell (olfactory) and touch (tactile) were also much more likely to be organic in nature. 

I have had one experience, of which I have posted, in which a person appeared, first in my inner space, and next, in consensual reality where she interacted, intimately with both myself and my wife then left and has never been heard from again. I am regarding this phenomenon as imposition. 

I have after almost eighty years of life, come to the conclusion (as have others) that we create our own realities, and we live in one called "consensual" in which we all share, more or less, and we can under many different circumstances experience "non-consensual' states of reality. I believe that better defines imposition than hallucination. Thank you, Theholodoc

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noted, we always ge lt hung up on terms around here, it's a matter of education, and we try. Thanks for your help.

Just FYI, imposition is less literally hallucinating (imposition is healthy and under your control) and more tricking your mind into believing what you're imagining but, well, there's not really a word for that other than hallucinating lol. You just gotta try and see your tulpa in real life, and keep trying and telling your brain they're real and really there. Works with all the senses, Lumi got imposition down by imposing three of us at school with him every day for a couple weeks, walking between classes with him and stuff. Also sitting near him during class etc.

Basically this. There's not really a better word for specifying what imposition is than "hallucinating", but, hallucination isn't quite what tulpamancers normally do. Although the thread's OP seems to want full on medically-significant hallucinations, and for them to be controlled, too. That's rarely if ever been documented, and surely isn't easily and safely replicable.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I don't quite understand the difference, there. If you're just seeing them without actually seeing them, isn't that just visualization?

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Imposition != Hallucination, sure, not all hallucinations are imposition, but all imposition is hallucinations (or at least phsudohallucinations). I'm also not totally certain what you mean by consensual and non consensual reality of how that relates to imposition

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I don't quite understand the difference, there. If you're just seeing them without actually seeing them, isn't that just visualization?

There's no "trick" to true hallucinations. If you think imposition is the same as hallucination, you don't quite understand one or the other. Imposition is tricking your mind into treating imagined senses as having come from the physical world in which they're imagined - hallucinating is indistinguishable from reality and shouldn't happen in a healthy brain, plus isn't known to be controllable in tulpamancy if it's somehow induced (all those dumb ____-deprivation methods).

When you've got imposition down, there's no real difference in how you treat the imagined sensory input and real sensory input, because you're used to treating it as real. Actual clarity of those senses can vary though - our visual imposition clarity is limited by our current visualization clarity (they seem mostly if not entirely linked), but our experience of imposing and being imposed is basically real - minus the bending laws of physics of course. And anyways, it's still all voluntary, so you maintain some conscious separation of the two, but not necessarily insofar as to hurt your immersion in it. I don't know, I'm not even sure what I'm explaining right now - true hallucinations are generally a bad time and not the goal of imposition. It's just a very similar and fitting term for what we tulpamancers do. If anything, I think it's misleading, and leads to things like the many threads that were merged into this one about "hallucinating" your tulpa.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

When you've got imposition down, there's no real difference in how you treat the imagined sensory input and real sensory input, because you're used to treating it as real.

This sums it up pretty well. You're probably not ever going to get to a point where your tulpa is indistinguishable from reality, you simply have to treat them as if they are regardless. Any sensory input you get from them will likely be significantly weaker than something from a "real" source (at least it is for me), but so long as you pay attention and keep yourself attuned to it, you very well will be able to sense them.

Here's a little something easy to try: When you're laying in bed, have your tulpa lay on top of you, and try to focus on feeling their weight pressing down on you. You're probably not going to feel a very heavy weight, it'll be more like a faint pressure, but even a small something is still something, right? :P And once you've gotten the hang of feeling that pressure, try to move a little bit. Of course don't put all of your energy into it, just make a very slight effort to move. You may find that you have some sort of subconscious desire NOT to move, and it keeps you from doing so because you believe that your tulpa's weight is keeping you bound.

I still can't figure out how that's much different from just vividly imagining a tulpa in the real world. Is it? If not, I could say I've already mastered imposition. This is not my area of expertise, though, and I definitely feel I'm just not getting it.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Reading Lumi's descriptions of imposition back in October made us give up on it as not worthwhile to bother with. But reading Flandre's description now, it's nothing more than we had already achieved by that point. Vesper sticks her head in front of the computer screen and my eyes automatically adjust to her distance. Nothing I can do can make my eyes focus on as far away as the text on the screen. Vesper jumps on my back; I crumple helplessly under weight I can't feel. Subconsciously, I'm utterly convinced that Vesper and Iris are physically present and reflexively react accordingly. I know exactly where they are and every move they make. A room they're in feels very different from one they aren't in. But as Vesper told me dejectedly at the time, "What's the point of even having a body that's invisible and intangible?"

It was Bre's reports of fully realistic and immersive imposition several weeks later that made us think it might be worthwhile to work on after all. We've gotten absolutely nowhere, but we're accepting on faith that this is a thing.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

For us there are only 3 differences that we can perceive between imposition and reality. The first is that imposition requires intent; I can will imposed objects into and out of existence at will, physical objects not so much. The second is that imposed objects can't affect the outside world; when I hand Monika something it falls right through her hands. And the third is that I can control imposed objects however I want.

"Controlled hallucination" seems like the perfect descriptor of that to me, unless there is some aspect of hallucinations that I didn't know about

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me