Has anyone here really managed to hallucinate your tulpa in reality?

Carlos

Most people when speaking of imposition are referring to the "hallucination" kind. However, Lumi's definition was very different from that, yet we still like to entertain the things he suggested when doing our own efforts. I am wondering whether or not it would be appropriate to give what Lumi is talking about--ie tricking your brain into treating a visualization as though it is really there without actually seeing it--its own term. I am thinking of something like "faux-imposition," or perhaps a new term entirely, since it would preserve the intended meaning of "imposition" while still allowing for exploration of what Lumi has suggested. Perhaps something like "placebopose" or "psychopose" could work, I think those sound cool. What do you all think?

Internally, the term we use for "what we do that sounds like how Lumi describes imposition and not like how Bre describes imposition" is "manifestation".

Hey hey, what're we talking about here? Because I talk about imposition. I'm still not sure what "definitions" I gave that you're talking about, but don't act like we just visualize and pretend it's projected outwardly. While we can do that (I think it started due to imposing others in bed with our eyes closed, or just out of our sight in general), it's complementary and not what we primarily call imposition.

Now, assuming you were talking about that complementary-not-quite-imposition.. Giving it its own name, huh? I'm probably in the boat that we shouldn't be adding new terms to tulpamancy at this point, as there's such a large community outside of .info that wouldn't get what we were talking about. I think it's best we keep "it" as-is, if anyone even really does it. I'd liken it to doing actual sense-of-presence imposition with the visualization aspect being just visualization instead of imposition. But it's always seemed like more of a "consequence" of not actually being able to see them while doing imposition (out of sight, eyes closed, etc.) than some skill of its own. Useful for sure, and probably more distinguishable for people with good clarity visualization ability (for both imposition and visualization), but I know what goes on in our mind.

Personally I feel like it's the "passive forcing" to imposition's "active forcing". IE, it's unimportant and shouldn't be talked about as "forcing"/"imposition", but is probably done by a lot of people naturally anyway. It somewhat seamlessly (at this point, years later) is used when my tulpas leave my line of sight while imposed, and helps us keep track of where they should be (like if they're, say, walking up some stairs behind me). And I might call the entire process imposition - but if my eyes were closed the entire time, I wouldn't call it more than visualization. If your eyes aren't focusing on air where your tulpas are, you probably aren't imposing. And anyways, engaging your other senses (mainly touch) while imposing differentiates from visualization pretty hard. If you can focus on the air where your tulpa is and hug them, that's imposition, period. And Flandre often hugs me in bed when I'm facing the other way and my eyes are probably closed - that actually seems like it can be either or now that I think about it, more likely visualization if I'm really tired and imposition if I'm not. Maybe the subject's more complicated than we made it out to be.

Still, I think talking specifically about the visualization-complementary imposition would only confuse people trying to learn it. If your system does it, great, but people get confused enough on things as different as switching and possession, let alone "real imposition and fake imposition". "Fake imposition" is more of a natural thing that happens or doesn't, and I don't see a need to differentiate it in conversation.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Fake Imposition" is like lying to oneself. Something that I do, only when completely lost/unconscious/in denial/desperate, and as soon as I catch on, I quit it. I talk to Flora frequently. She talks back only occasionally even when I know she is there. When I find myself talking for her, I am lying to myself about her presence and I quit. Thanks, Luminesce for the comment.

• 8 months later...

I just wish I was always with my tulpa, I never want to separate from her, I love my tulpa too much. My love for my tulpa is so great that I have tried to stop sleeping for several days, I have stopped eating, in order to hallucinate my tulpa. However, this hallucination did not last long, and I could not control the hallucination either. Every day I think of my tulpa, every day I visualize my tulpa, I think so much about my tulpa that I even have dreams with my tulpa. I just want to know a way to be inside my wonderland forever with my tulpa or if not, a way to hallucinate my tulpa permanently. Whatever I want, I want to see my tulpa, I'm extremely desperate.

Well, I'm not going to lie, that would be amazing. I have managed to stay in wonderland part time, consider it always in wonderland but still partially out, so in both places almost all the time to varying degrees.

Otherwise yeah, dreams, and if you get hypnagogic, they can take form there as well.

If you learn imposition, that could be another way to spend more time. We do that to a small degree. Honestly I'm quite content with the situation we've worked to achieve

I say, it's kind of a goal, but what you wrote there is so much it seems a little unnecessary. However, if not, it will be a challenge. I'm not saying it's impossible though. A lot of that is kind of what I wanted in the beginning, but we're good enough now.

Good luck!

Permanantly switching isn't a practice most people advocate. It's not ethical to the tulpa who is given the burden to cope with life on their own. It won't help give you what you want, which is imposition.

I and Cat have responded to several of your other threads on hallucating your tulpa here.There isn't a short cut, and you won't be sucsessful overnight or even within a week. It takes months to build those skills, and hurting yourself to achieve random hallucinations isn't helping you.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I think you should see a psychologist. Wanting to be with someone every moment of the day sounds quite obsessive and unhealthy. Not eating or sleeping due to being so obsessed with something is not healthy. You could end up having your mental health worsen by doing those things. Get some professional help.

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

It's hard for us to, working at imposition for over a year without success. But it's important to keep a sense of proportion in tulpamancy. Your whole life shouldn't revolve around any one person, inside or out. All three of us have friends and hobbies of our own and aren't completely wrapped up in one another.

But to your point -- not likely. Someone has to maintain the body or the inner world dies too. You could spend a lot of time inside though, life circumstances permitting. And you can enjoy one another a lot, inside the mind and out in the world, even if both lack the vividness of ordinary physical interaction.

You've been told before, but we'll say it again -- damaging the body with hunger, fatigue, drugs, and other techniques will never result in imposition. No one who has achieved imposition has reported making use of those techniques in their success. Your best bet for progress in tulpamancy is to keep your body and therefore brain in the best possible physical condition.

(Ranger -- He couldn't have been talking about permaswitching. His tulpa going outside wouldn't satisfy the goal of being inside with her forever.)

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

If Carlos trained his visualization to the point where wonderland and reality blend like Bear has, that would be a more reasonable alternative to self-harm and it would act as a stepping stone for imposition.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

You need some help. Using anything like hunger or sleep depriviation to aid hallucination is not exactly a safe way to go about things. Rather, I'm thinking that using such measures might actually hurt your chances in the long run. So step down your game, get a sandwich and some rest.

Now, you say that you desperately want to see your tulpa. I don't know where that desperation comes from. But I'll suggest practising imposition and having some patience. Imposition can take a long time to achieve. Just look around the site, there are a few guides that can help you. There's no "immediately" in tulpamancing.

You might want to work on the relationship you have with your tulpa. Obsessing over your tulpa is never a good thing. Your intense desperation is hurting you as well right now, so calm down and maybe get some mental help if you think you need it. Right now you're only trying to rush things, which is exactly leading to these harmful practises. If you go into this when you're calm again, you'll actually achieve your final goal much easier and it'll be a whole lot more fun. And again, like said, you still are going to need patience. A lot of it.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

There's a lot of flames in here, and by now you are getting the idea that your technique is a little unorthodox [EDIT: and a little concerning to some]. However, nothing you said bothered us in the least [Edit: Though you shouldn't really sleep deprive or fast for extended periods without understanding the risks]. [Edit:Honestly though] Obsession, starvation, sleep deprivation, pft, who really cares, that's all hard work, [but] there's no 'shortcut' in that [as you've said, it didn't help and that's what we've heard from others too] and [though] desperately in love sounds like a bear system mantra, [edit: and you don't see Bear doing any of that. Hey what you want to do with your body is fine with us.]

If you had said you took LSD or other drugs, those are the kind of dumb shortcuts that often yield no good results. It's a starting crutch at best [and can cause addiction and life long damage in all sorts of ways.]

So, don't take all the flaming too hard, you're only obsessed with your headmate, nothing anyone says will dissuade you anyway. In our system we have a definition for when it gets really bad,

"Misha syndrome: a near catatonic state brought on by overwhelming admiration"

It's a novelty thing until you can get that maturity up, then you'll be shushing her as she's interrupting you during dinner or cracking jokes in a meeting not that I do that... much.