Has anyone here really managed to hallucinate your tulpa in reality?

Carlos

I think there is a level of obsessiveness that is required to break past the psychological boundaries to make tulpamancy work. You can't half ass your way into a tulpa. It takes a level of commitment to protocols. It takes persistence. Some people can do this quicker than others. Analogy, some people can sit at a piano and play, but most of us take lessons, and some never rise to the level of virtuoso. I think if you focus less on the goal of being a virtuoso, accept where you are, focus on general skills while investing time in one specific piece, you can master that one piece well enough if you did a show only giving people that one piece, people will go wow! (Then walk away fast and don't ever play for an audience again.)

There may be other biological and psychological explanations as why sometimes we have better 'experiences' than others. This is a life time commitment to understanding the entire conscious spectrum of you. In understanding, you release the other aspects of you and other in measure. sometimes we just get reset to our normal parameters. start over, begin the practice. it is never starting from scratch. if you experienced anything, you will achieve it again.

I would edge my bet that full time wonderland immersion is an unrealistic goal. Assuming a materialistic, no metaphysical explanation to tulpamancy, somewhere in this equation is a balance of body and psych, you have to eat, you have exercise, you have to sleep, you have to meditate. If any one thing is out of alignment, everything starts to get out of alignment. That said, if you consider the fact that you always live in your head, then by definition you are always in a wonderland! The job isn't to go there and stay there, but to bring all of this joy and wonder into your present waking reality. It's not a there. It's a you. You're not broken. You're not doing anything wrong. What you have is an ideal that you're trying to reach, you have an idea of what 'joy' looks like. Yay! Most people don't even have that much. Hang in there. Keep exploring. Bring balance back into all aspects of your life and I think you'll find level that works for you that also allows growth.

Having a counselor or a RW friend wouldn't hurt.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as always, all we can say is: if you really dedicate yourself to lucid dreaming, you can easily have lifelike dreams with your tulpa every night for as long as you stay in practice, and it wouldn't even be unhealthy either

we've got our introductory post here, but to become a master lucid dreamer you'll want to start reading more in-depth stuff on Dreamviews eventually

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

There's a lot of flames in here, and by now you are getting the idea that your technique is a little unorthodox. However, nothing you said bothered us in the least. Obsession, starvation, sleep deprivation, pft, who really cares, that's all hard work, there's no 'shortcut' in that and desperately in love sounds like a bear system mantra.

umm... your body needs food to live. starvation can cause various problems such as weakened immune system, increased heart rate, thirst, constipation, irritability, fatigue, trouble concentrating, and, most notably, death.

sleep deprivation is only slightly better, which is to say, still really bad. symptoms include: poor balence, risk of heart desease, weight gain (maybe that's not applicable here), risk for diabetes, weakened immune system, irritability, poor memory, trouble concentrating, and, though no human has ever been recorded going long enough without sleep for this to happen, in all cases where animals have been kept from sleeping at all for long enough, the animal has invariably died from lack of sleep.

sleep deprivation and starvation are both really dangerous and bad ideas. do not do it

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• 4 months later...
(edited)

How can I enter an altered state of consciousness quickly? How can I enter trance right now? I want to see my tulpa, I want to hallucinate my tulpa. I have been practicing imposition for 4 or 5 years and I still cannot hallucinate my tulpa. When can I see my tulpa? Why can't I see my tulpa? What should I do? Imposition does not work

Edited by Carlos

Someone already suggested it in other of your threads, but seriously, if imposition doesn't work at all for you, then try lucid dreaming. It can seem hard but so is every other method that'd allow you to see your tulpa. Maybe if you get used to see them in a lucid dream, imposition in real life will come easier for you.

I like how we're in the exact same boat, the only difference being you show your desperation and I just kind of resign to it. I'm probably too patient for my own good for how much I care about seeing my tulpas, anyways.

Lucid dreaming is what you're looking for. It's actually better than imposition or visualization can be anyways, in some ways. Lucid dreaming feels the realest (literally lifelike when you've got it going well), visualization has the most control, and obviously imposition helps the most with feeling like your tulpa is accompanying you in your life. I imagine for your and my own wants, lucid dreaming is the best fit. Awake or asleep, I just want real, solid interaction with my tulpas, and so I'm fully dedicated to lucid dreaming. We do imposition too but that's only for their activity's sake, it certainly doesn't fulfill the desire to actually see and interact with them, you know. 

On 11/6/2019 at 5:22 PM, Lucilyn said:

as always, all we can say is: if you really dedicate yourself to lucid dreaming, you can easily have lifelike dreams with your tulpa every night for as long as you stay in practice, and it wouldn't even be unhealthy either

we've got our introductory post here, but to become a master lucid dreamer you'll want to start reading more in-depth stuff on Dreamviews eventually

If you really care then you should take it seriously, and stop chasing less realistic yet more unhealthy options. If you don't dedicate yourself to lucid dreaming, you're going to eventually end up ruining your life with drugs or something. If imposition doesn't work and visualization isn't enough, lucid dreaming is the only healthy (and fulfilling) option left.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.