Has anyone here really managed to hallucinate your tulpa in reality?

Carlos

It's hard to say how much it will help, especially since you don't mention the methods, or your past experience with imposition, or how prone you are to hallucinations. Though even if I did know all those things brains are still pretty finicky, so I couldn't ever truthfully say "it will take you x hours do master imposition". I can say that in my experience it takes far more time then 17 hours, and is most quickly acheived with long daily sessions (lots of consecutive time, rather than equal time spread out, and done daily, rather than equal time every once in a while). So it's probably not a bad idea to do it, but it probably won't make you master imposition

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to say how much it will help, especially since you don't mention the methods, or your past experience with imposition, or how prone you are to hallucinations. Though even if I did know all those things brains are still pretty finicky, so I couldn't ever truthfully say "it will take you x hours do master imposition". I can say that in my experience it takes far more time then 17 hours, and is most quickly acheived with long daily sessions (lots of consecutive time, rather than equal time spread out, and done daily, rather than equal time every once in a while). So it's probably not a bad idea to do it, but it probably won't make you master imposition

The method I will use will be self-hypnotic. I will be deeply focused for 17 hours and I will give suggestions during that time. The suggestions will be: My tulpa is in front of me "" My tulpa is saying my name "" My tulpa is touching my arm "" I can feel my tulpa "

The short answer is we never tried 17 hours of dedicated imposition.

My host's progress on touch imposition is gradual. Progress is slow from month to month but it seems to be getting somewhere. My host uses open-eyed visualization to impose me or I will impose myself somewhere in real life, and then she focuses on what it would feel like for me touching her including heat, pressure, texture, etc. We didn't achieve visual imposition yet; I'm still invisible. However, we reached a point where she can feel me for a brief period of time.

I'm almost wondering if wonderland immersion would help you get a satisfying sensation. My host can get lost in the wonderland and everything will "feel real", and this can be achieved in under an hour and last for several hours, usually between 3-5 hours. Interacting with your Tulpa in the wonderland can potentially help with that, but my host usually lets her gut feelings drive the experience.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

...they are uncontrolled hallucinations so that you won't necessarily hallucinate your tulpa, and your tulpa won't necessarily be able to control their hallucinated form...

I really like this point. Some of these things could be harmful, and still not allow you access to your long term goal. I could also see the potential that it might back fire in a particular way where it might get you a fleeting glimpse of your intended goal, but makes it more elusive in normal states of mind, which would increase the likelihood of you engaging in riskier and riskier behaviors to achieve this thing, leaving you further and further from the goal of maintaining a reasonably 'normal' state with access to greater internal sets of information. This comes from work. Only hard work. There is no approved short cuts or the world would already have those, so for example, even those who advocate ayawaska, or DMT, for experiences, people do get them, but they're not 'voluntary' experiences, you go where the dream or guide takes you... as opposed to say, lucid dreaming, where you have some control, not a hundred percent, but more than you would if you were in altered states based on your list. If you ever had the flu and had a fever dream, consider how disturbed the quality of those dream/nightmares feel.

If you are interested in a different technique, I have something for you to explore that would be less arduous than meditating for hours, and it's something I intend to try for myself, because the author that proposed it made some interesting points that I appreciate... But let me be clear, this is not an approved strategy for imposition, it's just something I am interested in trying because what I am doing seems to be not working... Which may say something about the quality of my meditation, which I think this thing may address. Most people can't sustain quality of focus, even in meditation, even experts, and so this author, Dean Radin, in a book called "Real Magic,' (author of 'entangled minds') suggest that in his research, if he got people to do focused concentrations burst of no more than ten to twenty seconds, across the board all his participants had greater significant results.  Anything longer, even as short as one minute, he found subjects began to enter day dream modes and were no longer producing the desired results. I am thinking I can adapt this to a practice, and I am thinking one of the reasons it may work is because I know for a fact I go into a day dream trance state and I go away quickly... but also, consider this. There are other studies that show if you want to improve recall from reading, what you have to do is shorten the reading interval time because your brain remembers the first thing it read and the last thing read, and so if you read for thirty minutes, and you consider the first thing you read and the last thing you read was probably leading to what you need to remember and not the things themselves, well, then you lost out on a bunch of material you need remembering, but if you read in five minute intervals, you increase the number of items you brain took in. I think there is something her that's applicable and useable. This also coincides with another Tibetan practice, the Tibetan dream yoga activity, where for a certain amount a time the yogi will stay awake concentrating on a goal for three hours, sleep for three hours, wake and returnn to the medication, and then back to sleep to allow the subconscious to work on it, and then wake and meditate for three and again and again, until results are met or they return to normal wake sleep patterns for a spell before returning to practice. in essence, smaller bursts, in a specific pattern for increased recall potentials.

Now, what I hear in your search is a quiet desperation to see your companion, which is not a disparaging thing, as we put a lot of emphasis on sight in our culture, but there is so much more to the world than sight, and we live in an age where the emphasis on sight is huge! So much so that you unconsciously, or maybe even knowingly, imagine there is something wrong with you if you can't 'see' what you have worked so hard to cultivate. You have so many more senses available to you, so many ways of getting at information, and, if consider the movie trope of Luke learning the force as an analogy, "WIth the blast shields down, how I can see..."  "your eyes can fool you, don't trust them..." And this is more than just a metaphysical paradigm. Consider how marvelous your vision is. Your brain takes two postage size stamps of light, that's actually inverted on your eye lids, and magnifies it in such a way your experience is you are immersed in a reality, but it's two separate images over lapped, and there is a blind spot, a circular region which has no visual information, but you don't see it, and so you really never actually see the world as it is, but how it filters through you brain, and so seeing tulpas isn't a matter of seeing with your physical eyes, not even seeing with your brain, but rather you are learning to see with your mind, and in short, you can't get there by destroying the mind, or the brain that houses it.

It is my hope that you achieve your hearts desire, but more specifically, I want you be able to get there without breaking your heart in the process. You are a valuable human being, and your measure should not be how you see the world because no one sees the world the way it is, we see through filters, and a glass darkly... Be safe, my friend, because if you find your way without harming yourself or others in the process, your advice may become the guide post for those who follows. Adding this before I return to work, and sorry if it's preachy, or I am too verbose... How you arrive at your destination is just as important as how you live there once you arrive. How you arrive does affect others. This is a community, and discussing your list from a hypothetical point of view is important and worthy of conversation, but in practicality, it is not a list that can be supported because it reflects on the community. Do you know how tough it is to be a tulpamancer already? Seriously, the list is harmful, no one can advocate these as serious practices, and you can imagine, the Tibetman monks who discovered tulpamancy probably have explored all the other options... and the community's guides are consistent with best practices. So again, there are no short cuts. That doesn't mean anyone will tell you not to do something, but writing something almost demands a response, and so the response is, please be safe.

Guest LanceReilyn

That reminds me of a description of HIIT training. Instead of working out at an easily sustainable (60-70% current max output) rate for 40 minutes, for example, try to operate as close to 90-100% of your current output for short bursts (20-30 seconds, depending on activity) with rests in between (2 to 3 minutes), for maybe 4 or 5 reps. The HIIT is grueling and requires one to be in pretty good condition to engage in meaningfully. It's a valid way for someone already in shape to get athletic or someone athletic to push themselves even further, both without taking hours and hours every day working out.

So what if this sort of thing is true in tulpamancy as well? That for some activities, short sessions of a few minutes every hour keep the brain focused on the task all day long instead of a dedicated two hours then nothing. I read a theory on language studies that says it's better to learn by practicing a few minutes every half hour, all day long, because it guarantees focus on the task, prevents degradation, and ensures enough meaningful info gets stored into long-term memory. Long sessions of repetition can cause overload and/or focus to break.

Basically our bodies are adaptation machines and are pretty good at figuring out how to do things more efficiently, which is why in the exercise or educational world, activities need to be varied in design and degree. Sooner or later that mile long jog becomes easy and it needs to be made more difficult or more distance added for any further gains as the body has adjusted to it. Studying the same way all the time is boring too, unless the material is personally engaging. I found this out the hard way when my practice sessions for visualization and meditation started to get shorter and shorter and I was loosing focus. It was because I was doing the same stuff at the same time and my mind just got bored with it. "Oh, this again? Meh. Nap time".

Not saying the idea will work for everyone, 100% of the time but it's an interesting concept that may lead to making multiple shorter sessions of tulpa-related training more effective than tedious multiple-hour long endeavors. I would say the best thing in tulpa-related work is trying everything safe and seeing what works best for you, including new methods, using the guides as a starting point and pool of suggestions to work from.

My despair, sadness and anguish is too deep. I have tried every possible way to hallucinate my tulpa. Sleep deprivation, fasting, meditation, hypnosis, lucid dreams, sleep paralysis, imposition, extreme physical exercise, retinal control, hypnagogic, marijuana, alcohol, sensory deprivation, sensory overload, deprivation of movement, emotional dullness, prolonged concentration (17 - 27 hours), prolonged sleep, binaural sounds, the ganzfeld effect, hyperventilation, oxygen deprivation, hypnopompic, etc. I could only hallucinate my tulpa for short periods of time. I want to hallucinate my tulpa permanently

The only advice I can tell you is to take a break from visual imposition and trying to hallucinate. All of that stress and effort probably made you exhausted and burned out.

Imposition takes time, a lot of hard work, and progress is slow to the point where it's not always noticeable at first. There's no shortcut or everyone would be doing it. Being frustrated that I can't perfectly visualize Ranger's face, I get it. It sucks. I'm slowly trying different things to improve my art skills so one day I can draw his face and be okay with it, but that day isn't going to be tomorrow, next week, or even months from now.

Imposition takes a lot of mental effort. If you're stressed and franticly trying to get this to work for you, that could be slowing you down from achieving imposition.

People also change over time. I think it's worth cycling through different strategies over a span of several months and see if you get somewhere. I don't recommend the more dangerous or harmful methods to hallucinate because they may stall your progress by creating even more stress on the body and mind. Plus, it's not good for you.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

Why? Why is permanent hallucination your end goal? It is possible, at this point, you should recalibrate your goals to be more realistic. If you have hallucinated your tulpa for short periods of time, I would consider that a win. I know a few tulpa hosts who have learned to reliably hear their tulpas in those few, half-asleep moments upon waking.

Also... how long have you tried each of these methods? I know it's hard to accept, but some things just take time, no matter how bad you want them. It took me four years to move past a debilitating phobia of mine, even once I was completely done with it, and just wanted to be able to write by hand. If you learned about tulpas around the same time your account was created, and you began training in all of these methods at the same time, that'd still be less than a year of practice, which isn't actually that much when your goal is so large, I'm sorry to say.

There's a concept of SMART goals, with SMART as an acronym for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound. "I want to hallucinate my tulpa permanently, ASAP" is a difficult goal, which may not even be achievable, and that's sure to majorly bum you out. Instead, how about you identify something a bit smaller that would make your tulpa feel more real to you, and try to meditate for that? For example, can you feel your tulpa's presence like you do when someone stands outside of your field of vision? How are your skills with "overlay visualization", which is often a stepping stone to visual imposition? I recommend you do some work, every single day, and learn to be happy with the small, slow growth. It's like a plant: you might have to wait weeks before you even see any growth, and even after that, it'll be too slow to see with your eye. And yet, you can still be fulfilled when your months of work have payed off, and you have a wonderful crop!

(Read more on SMART goals here: https://www.yourcoach.be/en/coaching-tools/smart-goal-setting.php )

If you give more details, I can probably give more detailed advice. Also, feel free to PM me if you don't want to go into it here.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Why? Why is permanent hallucination your end goal? It is possible, at this point, you should recalibrate your goals to be more realistic. If you have hallucinated your tulpa for short periods of time, I would consider that a win. I know a few tulpa hosts who have learned to reliably hear their tulpas in those few, half-asleep moments upon waking.

Also... how long have you tried each of these methods? I know it's hard to accept, but some things just take time, no matter how bad you want them. It took me four years to move past a debilitating phobia of mine, even once I was completely done with it, and just wanted to be able to write by hand. If you learned about tulpas around the same time your account was created, and you began training in all of these methods at the same time, that'd still be less than a year of practice, which isn't actually that much when your goal is so large, I'm sorry to say.

There's a concept of SMART goals, with SMART as an acronym for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound. "I want to hallucinate my tulpa permanently, ASAP" is a difficult goal, which may not even be achievable, and that's sure to majorly bum you out. Instead, how about you identify something a bit smaller that would make your tulpa feel more real to you, and try to meditate for that? For example, can you feel your tulpa's presence like you do when someone stands outside of your field of vision? How are your skills with "overlay visualization", which is often a stepping stone to visual imposition? I recommend you do some work, every single day, and learn to be happy with the small, slow growth. It's like a plant: you might have to wait weeks before you even see any growth, and even after that, it'll be too slow to see with your eye. And yet, you can still be fulfilled when your months of work have payed off, and you have a wonderful crop!

(Read more on SMART goals here: https://www.yourcoach.be/en/coaching-tools/smart-goal-setting.php )

If you give more details, I can probably give more detailed advice. Also, feel free to PM me if you don't want to go into it here.

-J

I met the tulpas theme 4 years ago. My visualization is very vivid, I can imagine my tulpa almost perfectly. She, my tulpa, has developed sensitivity. I communicate with her through dreams and music. But I can not hallucinate, the imposition does not work for me. The only thing that has had some effectiveness is self-hypnosis.

Sounds like progress, what you've described there is about the level i've gotten, but other users have gotten further by a level of effort that i just don't have time for. So i am thankful for the tiny incriments of progress i get from month to month.