Iridescent Phantasmagoria

psychologicalKitty-Cat

what do you and verdict think about merzbow

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

merzbow? Neither of us know who/what that is. I'll look it up later.

Whee, update time.

Sorry for the lack of posts. I haven't really gotten around to doing this because of school stuff.

But anyways, this update shall be both Verdict and Flipside related.

We've built some structures and explored some of the forest recently. Structures include:

The Cabin, which is like a place of residence for Verdict and I. It also contains a portal, because Verdict once remarked that she couldn't get to the Flipside.

The Barn, where I put any memories or thoughts or images that I don't want to see. It works pretty well. Verdict has strict orders to not take anything out of there or else fierce headpats will be delivered.

The Library, where Verdict can go to see my memories. I'm not entirely sure if this works or not.

I also named the trees and lights. The trees are called lighting-trees, and the lights are called luminorbs. I recently noticed that the lights are more fruit-like in nature, because they seemingly "grow" from trees.

Exploration of the forest in the Flipside has led us to find a clearing, with a gargantuan lighting-tree in the middle. We like to sit in its branches sometimes.

Verdict is talking more. Something she said recently is that she gets tired when she talks. Geuss we'll have to work on that.

Anyways, that about wraps up the report.

mew.

~~~~~~~

Tulpas (and what color they speak in):

Verdict

Daiyousei

Something she said recently is that she gets tired when she talks.

Stuff like that goes away with practice :]

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Stuff like that goes away with practice :]

Ok!

I don't really fancy noise music.

Small update today. Verdict went from a glowing blue ball, to a blue ball that kind of...absorbs light? Basically, the whole glowing ball thing was a blue outline and white on the inside, but now the white is black. And she used to have a black :3 face, but that is now the same sky blue that her body is.

I hope I didn't confuse anybody in my description.

mew.

~~~~~~~

Verdict

Daiyousei

okay semi-major update

for the past few days, I have been having weird, ticklish feelings on the left side of my face, mainly while relaxing. Like when I'm reading, or playing the vidya. I only now asked Verdict if she was the cause of this, and the answer was yes. So this is surprising. I haven't even tried to force for touch imposition, or really know any exercises for it.

So yeah that's about it. Today sure has been a surprising one.

But surprises are fun, right?

mew.

~~~~~~~

Verdict

Daiyousei

okay this update is going to be more Flipside related than tulpa related. The Flipside has expanded in an odd way. I'll try to explain.

It can now be divided into three "zones": the Forest Zone, the Light Zone and the Clockwork Zone. They each (according to Verdict) represent a different part of my brain.

The Forest Zone represents my conscious mind. It's just the same as it was in previous posts: dark forest at night with no moon or stars, and the only light comes from the luminorbs on the lighting trees. The buildings like The Cabin and The Barn are still there.

The Light Zone, we theorize, represents that of my subconscious. It's like an empty void, with a plethora of lightly tinted colors flowing through it. There are no landmasses to speak of, and no gravity. Just a void.

The Clockwork Zone, we think, represents the facilities of my mind. It's just a maze of large clockwork gears and cogs, navigable only by walking on the metal bridges that are suspended above the bottomless pit that the machinery rises out of. Verdict says that this is what makes everything work, behind the scenes.

That concludes todays report. I don't even know how these new places formed. To travel between them I just think about them. I don't know how to end these little updates, so bye.

mew.

~~~~~~~

Verdict

Daiyousei

• 2 months later...

okay I'm not dead folks

Writing posts kinda makes me nervous, so I'll sum up what happened whilst I was on hiatus. Verdict wanted a more complex form,  so I whipped a cute little neko up. The attached picture is basically her form ran through bebinator. Just add a tail the same color as her ears. Also, she's gotten better at talking and tulpish, but she still mainly communicates in tulpish.

Screenshot_2018-05-13-22-54-18_kindlephoto-307629135.png.44af9e9d47f936342318b605c9b721eb.png

mew.

~~~~~~~

Verdict

Daiyousei

Aren't the Zones interesting? And though there is change over time, there is also continuity. Like in the beginning, you had the forest, and when you came back, you discovered Autumn with Christmas tree lights. (Did Verdict actually change it, or did it just change?) Cause now Flipside has expanded, and it doesn't sound like you or Verdict actively did that as opposed, you have discovered more. You can still find the original cabin and barn... That seems meaningful.

In our flipside, still don't have a name for it... Parallel 2B... I don't know, I refer to Zones as Worlds. I think, in this context, they may be synonymous. We can travel to worlds via portals. Any arch or artifact can be a portal, so much so it takes conscious effort to go through a doorway and not travel further than the next room. We consider them individual worlds, because have seen a couple from orbit. And each world seems to have a flavor, so even if you're in a different region on one world, you still know its that world. The NPC's, for still lack of a better word, don't leave worlds, but could be found in different regions. Like you, I suspect each world represents an aspect of self, but that is more nebulous in terms of world. The artifacts in the world, they are less nebulous. I have one structure, artifact, in one of the worlds which is very complex and very clearly represents self aspects, but also aspects of other personalities and archetypes, like Seasons. That structure is in essence a dormitory where we students live while attending 'college.'

Though I experience these inner 'zones' as worlds, I can see an argument that they are all integrally linked. When I entertain that theory, I find more compassion for those poor folks pushing 'flat earth' youtube videos. (Oh, please, everyone, I am not advocating flat earth. Just trying to find compassion for crazy divergence. :) ) We continue to discover new worlds, but I am not finding a correlation of discoveries corresponding to needs for explanation of how things work...

the ticklish feelings on the left side... that's how it started, and it is still true today, if I am paying attention. If I am not paying attention, she can just be there suddenly, which, sometimes startles me, which bothers me that i can be so easily startled! (No! Surprises are not fun, but we laugh it off and exchange banter, and move on. (Yes, surprises are fun.)) If I am paying attention, I experience her first on the left side of the head, a tingling, or pressure, or both. and then sensations expand across my forehead, then backwards over the head to the back.

Oh! The gargantuan tree! We have one, too! There is a forest on my world, with regular trees, but then, in the center of the forest, is the mother of all trees. We refer to her as mother. It's bigger and older than any Sequoya in the Redwood Forest. There is a treehouse, and a winding stairs to the forest below, and lookout station near the top, like what forest rangers might have in a park. It takes for ever to climb and descend the stairs, so mostly we use portals to and from.

The barn is interesting. We have a library. Books, crystals, media, artifacts... There's the private library that has everything in the public library but more. There's a public library, with levels, the greater the level, the greater the security to access. And then, there is the Hall of Artifacts, which is like the back area of the library. Things go there to be contained or considered. We don't box them. If it goes on the shelf back there, it's contained in a transparent container or aquarium like container, so as to be easily identified, in addition to labels. We decided no opaque boxes. We didn't want to have to re-sort or unpack things to determine level of threat. The Hall is very well illuminated. It's not scary, or inviting, (perspective, such as that warehouse where they stored the Ark of the Covenant in Raiders of the Lost Ark; people just want to go there and find stuff and I don't want people trying to break in and find stuff without fair warning.) If we need to retrieve something, or we are finally able to go and deal with something, we want to be able to go right to it and deal with that specific thing without having to shuffle boxes of undisclosed contents. So, hypothetically, if an alien Facehugger pushes up against it's containment when I enter, I can be at peace knowing it's contained, as opposed to opening a box and it jumping out at me. Little bstrds!

You, or others, may ask, hypothetically, why in the heck would you keep an alien Facehugger contained in the Hall of Artifacts. Well, it's because it has been my experience i can change some things, morph tehm into something neutral or positive, but I can't seem to completely dispose of something at a hundred percent. You might say, throw it into a black hole. tried that. Hawking radiation allows information to return. (It was working just fine until that smart ass opened a portal out!) Containment is the best solution I have for now, and there are things in there that I will have to eventually unpack and deal with it. Unmentionable things. I guess we all have those. But, here is the clincher with that. You said, "Barn work pretty well." What? There are holes in your containment fields? Can I interest you in some transparent aluminum?

@psychologicalKitty-Cat

good to see you two back - we quite enjoy the picture of Verdict you posted.

Does she still turn into a sword with the :3 emoticon?

(has she gotten around to honking the bicycle horn yet)

If writing these posts out makes you anxious don't feel obligated to churn them out. Like it says on the tin, just report back on any progress (if and when you feel comfortable).

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

@solarchariot 

It is confirmed that Verdict changed the Forest Zone the first time. But I think the Forest Zone is vulnerable to...situational change, for lack of a better term. For instance, just a few days ago I was reading some H.P. Lovecraft, and there was a very vivid description of an eldrich city. While reading that, I had to kind of "fight" to make sure this city didn't replace the Forest Zone. It was quite an odd experience.

@KarlYoshimura

Verdict is pleased that you like her new form. And about the whole :3 sword thing; it seems that because she now has a more humanoid form, she has lost the ability to "morph" into things. But, that doesn't mean she can't conjure up a replica of the :3 sword to use herself.

mew.

~~~~~~~

Verdict

Daiyousei