Iridescent Phantasmagoria

psychologicalKitty-Cat

Flower crown, daw! :3

It's times like those that really chase away any lingering doubts.

I know, right? Good times.

Hey look, I'm still alive! There's a shocker. This post is going to be a little bit less "professional" than usual, so not as many big words that make me look smart. I don't really have anything to report except "wow, Daiyousei's like three months old!" Which is great, because she is developing so much faster than Verdict did in the beginning. And there is the start of today's topic.

I was wondering if it would be safe to make a third tulpa at this point in time, considering I still have a lot of work to do on the first two, and whether or not it would have any detrimental effects on anyone here. As for the tulpa I was thinking of, I've been considering making a dragon, 'cuz both Verdict and Daiyousei love the idea of having a dragon in here because rides and what not (and I'm more of a furry than I originally thought). I also want to make sure everyone gets enough attention, seeing as how that is quite literally the single most important thing that an early tulpa needs.

With that question in mind, have a wonderful Friday.

mew.

~~~~~~~

Tulpas (and what color they speak in):

Verdict

Daiyousei

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The single biggest problem we have ever faced, and still do, is time and sharing attention. We were all just there when B discovered us, he only wanted one, Ashley.

From the first day we were all vocal and all fighting for attention, basically. If we had three times more attention we'd all be so much happier, but we'll never have that, so it's something we have to live with.

Verdict and Daiyousei, please think carefully and thoughtfully. I think two is a lot more manageable in terms of sharing and splitting your host's time than three. No matter what stage you are, just consider it carefully. Our PR is riddled with instances of our infighting for hostie's attention.

I am guilty of wanting another sister myself. I really like one of his soulbonds, but we know it's too much to add another, it's already too much. We thrive on his attention, but I can't spare any more of it, even to share it with a potential best friend.

said with care,

Misha.

If you wanted a dragon thoughtform to ride that's fine, but It does not make sense to make the thoughtform a Tulpa. As long as you think of the dragon as an NPC or a character you control, you will be fine.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

If you wanted a dragon thoughtform to ride that's fine, but It does not make sense to make the thoughtform a Tulpa. As long as you think of the dragon as an NPC or a character you control, you will be fine.

I was almost going to suggest the same thing, but as usual Ranger snipes all my ideas. *bro hug!*

Anyway, the only thing I can add here is to be cautious because, as in my system, thoughtforms become soulbonds and soulbonds like to stay in their created world, that said, any new NPC or thoughtform created in wonderland would want to live there. You'll have to keep them in stasis when not in use. This raises moral questions if they begin to develop signs of growing toward a more tulpa-like state. I want to say a mechanical dragon would be cool, but it really doesn't matter even if it's a tree shaped as a dragon, if your will is to create another tulpa and you spend enough time with this creature, even with the intent of keeping it as an NPC, it may still become tulpa-like. It won't gain tulpa status without your intent, nor can it 'stay' against your wishes, but it may reach 'accidental tulpa' level anyway.

I had to remove the AI from our space cruiser because it was quickly becoming too eerily sentient. (like EDI from the Mass Effect Universe) she didn't reach soulbond level though.

Speaking of, when we ask one of my thoughtforms to visit, I am very careful to put their mindset straight (since I can puppet them) so that they definitely don't want to be a tulpa. That way, they obediently and gleefully return to their home world when the visit concludes.

One last thing, now some of my NPC's, no matter if I just created them on the spot, seem to speak for themselves right away. This is why we are careful and have the 'no more tulpas' rule.

It makes me wonder if there is a 'phase' in every tulpamancer's growth that makes them susceptible to adding more tulpas, or creating them quickly.

It makes me wonder if there is a 'phase' in every tulpamancer's growth that makes them susceptible to adding more tulpas, or creating them quickly.

Perhaps. It seems likely that such a phase would occur.

Anyways, thank you all so much for your wonderful input! We will surely take your advice into consideration, and be more careful in the future. Thanks again!

mew.

~~~~~~~

Tulpas (and what color they speak in):

Verdict

Daiyousei