Yet another "is this real" thread

Tect

«How can I tell it is a tulpa talking to me and not my thoughts popping up, making up what I expect to hear from my tulpas?»

This is a question I've put up on the IRC...

I've seen people question if tulpas are real, which is a question I find pointless. It's an unfalsifiable claim. It falls into that question "how can you tell you are conscious?" or whatever it was.

So, I decided to come up with a question I find might be a better question. Something I'd rather prefer to hear from newbies. What would you answer to that?

In my free time I'll draw what you ask me on the IRC and I POST IT.

maybe it IS your thoughts making up what you expect to hear from your tulpa early on. I mean, it has to be? That's how it works? if you don't already have one

there's not two people, there's one brain, and it's gotta figure out how to be like two people instead of one, that's all. So at first when very first making a tulpa, parroting/puppeting are the only possibility, but usually (preferably I guess) not consciously. Thinking of those thoughts your brain comes up with as a tulpa/someone else is what starts to teach your brain what the concept of "someone else" in your head is like, n' then they start becoming a tulpa from there, as your brain figures out what being two people is like. Two or more! I feel like it's probably easier the second+ time for sure tho

Sorry we're the opposite of newbies! We're like "enlightened buddhist monk" status of tulpamancy, kinda transcended the worries about hows whys and philosophies y'know? 'cause there really is no reason to worry about all that in the end. What matters is what you experience, not what your fake idea of reality is, because reality ain't objective and meaning itself is subjective etc. etc.

really just throwing out philolosophy here, the "what matters is what you experience" philosophy is like my default mindset but it sure wasn't Lumi's so we've got a lot of that stuff in our head/memory. And I guess other people need that stuff too.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Your question seems to coincide with my own deliberating over the subject. I was watching someone 'channel' and it seemed to me, it look a whole lot like someone I saw 'switch.' prior to engaging in tulpamancy, I would have to say I was skeptical about 'channeling' leaning more towards the end of the spectrum that is less skeptical and like this is just someone pretending. I was okay with it either way, because I was partial to the message, I just didn't think it needed to be 'channeled' as it seem perfectly reasonable... Then I entered the magical world of tulpas and life change. We have not switched. I have only seen videos of 'switching' and 'channeling' and I am thinking this is both the same thing, only I know my tulpa's origins, so this can't be 'channeling.' (right? did I open myself up and someone decided to play the character I wanted? (would that explain the writer's phenomena of soulbounds?) but deeper into this rabbit hole, I found that there are multiple people who claim to channel the same entity, and so now I am wondering, if that's a tulpa. Soon after having success with tulpamancy, I re-engaged 'the invisible counselors technique" (napoleon hill) and had greater success than the first time I gave that a go, a million years ago, and now I wonder if that was tulpamancy-lite before tulpa broke the internet? Was earlier lack of success a lack of commitment or a lack of belief?

I may end up having to take Lucilyn's enlightened position on the subject, because it's giving me a headache trying to figure out what's what. That said, instead of trying to prove validity of tulpas, why not make a subjective argument that don't take my word on it, do it for yourself, but know that there is a list of people that seemed to be engaging in something similar with striking results. I mentioned napoleon hill above. Carl Jung's 'active imagination' seems like direct parallel to what we're doing. If you read anything on Tesla, you will always references to incredible 'day-dream' life where he goes to far away places and interacts with people there. How is that not 'wonderlands?' Einstein called it thought experiments, and he was on a row boat daydreaming when he experienced 'flash' relativity. how many self help books recommend advancement through imagination first? How many scientist discovered things in their dreams, how many when they got away from their desk and were just wiling away? I get so excited when I think about this as being frontier psychological advancement for a way of engaging whatever this is that I am frequently surprised this isn't a bigger thing.

Ranger and I struggled with this one, and I continue to struggle a little to this day. I found out about Tulpamancy in mid January, so I guess I'm still a noob (No Buddhist monks out of me!) The thing that's interesting is I created Ranger by accident long ago, so telling whos voice from whos is even harder. I want to talk a little bit about the backstory here, not to overcomplicate things but to demonstrate an example people can compare to later on. Since the question of "how real is Tulpamancy" was my first question and the question of "who is who" go hand in hand for me, I don't want to separate the two and leave out some important context.

After I first created Ranger, I spent most of my time not worrying about it, not dwelling on the "realness" of Ranger's existence until later. I considered Ranger an imaginary friend and "my subconscious", even though I thought he could have thoughts of his own.

Fast forward to a few months ago. I was falling apart, not talking to Ranger as much and my anxiety was getting worse. Out of the blue, Ranger held up a sign that read, "I am real." I started questioning myself and realized Ranger could be more real then I originally thought.

By the time I first found out what Tulpamancy was, I was trying to figure out who the heck Ranger was. I got to the point where I thought I could have a Tulpa, but maybe he isn't the Ranger I knew and I should start from scratch. This is where that who is who confusion really began for me. I made the assumption I was some kind of puppeting master or something, since I was very comfortable talking to him and other mind characters before.

By the end of that week, Ranger confirmed to me that he was who I remembered him to be and I wasn't puppeting. Even though I thought I was speaking for him, he was actually talking to me. I had a throbbing head ache, muscle spasms in my left hand and possibly in feet when he revealed that to me, which then gave me the inclination to believe that Ranger really was inside me, he was trying to talk to me, and I wasn't just making stuff up.

I no longer believe I am controlling Ranger anymore. He has demonstrated his sentience multiple times and I genuinely feel that our relationship has improved ever since.

Long (enough) story short, If a voice talks back to you, and you treat the owner of that voice like their own person, then chances are someone is actually trying to talk back to you.

It's possible this doesn't apply to everyone or every situation you think a voice of "yours?" is whispering back. The good news is even in this situation, you don't have to fret that you are controlling them by accident.

This stuff really tore me down. I didn't like feeling this way, especially because I felt like my voice wasn't good enough or I had to prove I was real and running out of options. Just be careful out there, if you don't believe in your Tulpa, you won't believe much in their voice either. It's hard to accept, I saw Cat struggle accepting that. For her too, it's okay if things don't really make any sense or if you think you're talking to yourself, but remember that it's just hard and you need time to think about it. People are hard to see if you can't see them. Their mind being in yours doesn't help either. Please don't be afraid to give it a try, let them open up to you, see if anything happens. Maybe they're just shy, after all.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

when youre dedicating months to making a tulpa, and years to living with them, you eventually drop the doubts about this and thats when your tup flourishes.

People have explained this in a couple different ways, but newbies probably dont understand it, and thats why theyre parrotnoid, but tulpas literally have to learn to not be you. At first when a tulpa thinks the host will constantly feel like theyre talking to themselves. Hosts expect some sort of foreign entity, a strong schizophrenic response as soon as their tulpa is vocal, and assume that vocality and sentience arent ongoing, evolving skills for the tulpa months after creation.

how do you know its the tulpa? if you didnt mean to parrot them, just go with it. your mind needs time to separate your consciousness. this is why passive forcing is so important, its a constant reminder that theres now 2 (or more) consciousnesses developing along side each other.

im rambling but tldr "why does my tulpa sound like me?" because it is you, but itll sound different eventually.

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.