Explaining all of this to my best friend?

Slipper

I don't know how she would take the last part, but I told my boyfriend about it pretty early on. He wasn't thrilled per se, but he was generally accepting and appreciated what my tulpa means to me.

I would start by mentioning plurality or maybe imaginary friends, then moving onto what tulpas are. Make sure that you mention that they are essentially another person who you made that makes you happy. It's important to make them at ease with the topic or they may misunderstand and believe you have a disorder. Maybe send them some well written articles explaining what tulpamancy is, if possible.

If she's pretty chill then I doubt anything bad will happen. The worse you'll get is probably along the lines of her trying to ignore what you just said and not bringing it up.

Slipper (cringelord host) and Mordecai (the brain gremlin).

Art Thread

Progress Report

the forum isnt usually open to discussing egocide, as the majority of us find it to be irresponsible, dangerous, and the success rate is incredibly low. just read her some articles but please reconsider egocide. its literally never made a system/tulpa happy, and almost never even works.

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

Actually, I don't think it's egocide if they're sticking around as a ~tulpa. We just call that permaswitching. Point is, either way you're putting your tulpa in your place, which isn't fair to them. If they can see your life as any less negative than you, you should just focus on learning to see the world/problems like they do. That's what I did, far better than giving up in the long run.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Actually, I don't think it's egocide if they're sticking around as a ~tulpa. We just call that permaswitching.

good point!

egocide refers to killing your consciousness and leaving your tulpa alone in the body. I still agree permaswitching is almost as bad.

Despite the name, the host bodybody is the one usually using this account. 

Spice was born in 2013 and Tomoe was born in 2014.

The theory is that: If it's possible to kill a tulpa and If it's possible for a host and tulpa to completely switch such that the original host is now a tulpa, Then it should be possible for the conciousness of the original host to “die” while leaving the body intact and controlled by another.

I've yet to hear of anybody sucessfully doing this.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Well, once a system gets proficient enough at tulpamancy/etc. to switch, they tend to be too strongly cemented in the mind to actually dissipate in the first place. I don't think tulpas in my system can really dissipate for example; even left completely unthought of, they'd still exist albeit probably muffled sounding and blurry a long time later.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

...she has many crazy philosophical theories about reality and that... Please, how can I explain it too her without sounding crazy as hell?

So, did I miss something here? She has some 'crazy' ideas? and you're worried you will sound crazy to a 'crazy' person. I say that in good humor. I don't think she's crazy. I don't think her theories are crazy. I don't think you are crazy. Seriously, pick up any quantum theory book and tell me the universe isn't insanely crazy? No, watch the evening news. There's lots of crazy stuff out there, but the ones like us, who dive into the deep end of what 'normal' folks say is crazy tend to be the sanest people I know!

more along the confusion, is part of you doesn't want a relationship because X, but worse case scenario is you tell her a truth about you and she thinks you're crazy and you get what you initially wanted? Let her think you're crazy. Or, you tell her something crazy and she likes you and your fear is, if someone likes me after I tell them something crazy, that means they're crazier than I am, and so I can't be in that. (Groucho Marx, "I would never join a club that would have me as a member.")

Drop the word 'crazy.' Crazy is a subjective, secular pejorative meant as a disparagement at people who are not crazy but can be easily manipulated into doing something crazy like 'trying to be normal.'

Speak your truth to your friend or don't. But don't let speaking or not speaking your truth as a reason for a relationship, or not having a relationship. Regardless of your reality, tulpas or no tulpas, being in a relationship you don't want to be in is not a good ideas. You mentioned she has some difficulties and there is a hint that you agreed to the date to avoid hurting her feelings... no matter what her feelings are if you tell her the truth that you're not interested, they will be less intense now than twenty years from now with five kids and you say, oh, by the way, my tulpa and I are going to go and live a life alone in the woods. Thanks for the hamburger helper. It was great. Bye.

oh, additionally, if you make an ego clone of yourself to take over, wouldn't that clone have the same ideas and disposition and also want to make a clone, and then you get stuck in an infinite regression of looking for a clone to take over, but because no one wants to step and take the driver's seat, you're still 'the one'... and if it is a perfect clone of you and it takes over, would she even notice? (She loves you but you're afraid the clone won't love her?) and if you're making tulpa you version 2.0 why not just add the qualities that you esteem to your own persona so that you have greater resilience, strength, and love... heavy on the compassion side. clearly I don't know enough, there is a wall, a computer monitor or two between us. But you made a tulpa! You have done something incredibly interesting that 99 percent of the world's population hasn't done. You're incredible! and, consequently, you are significant to your tulpa because tulpa couldn't have arrived at all without your being who you are. History was necessary for your present perspective, for you to be; what tulpamancy has taught you is that you're not limited, or bounded by your history. You can change. Your system can change. And you have proof things can be different.

and someone likes you. :)

The only ''clone'' aspect she has is my same body and voice, so she can get used to it, she can choose to be whatever she wants, so no, don't think that's gonna happen :p What do you mean by my clone not loving her?

well, I was thinking, only from a hypothetical point of view, if you were successful in creating a clone and switching out, it isn't relevant on whether not you want to date her it only matters if the clone wants to date her.

YOU ARE NOT A WEAK SOUL! You care very passionately for people, and feelings. You're an empath and you care. We need that more than ever in our world. And that's why I also recommend telling person the truth, because you care.