I'm confused, feelings for another host's tulpa

jh171030

I'll be blunt and say, you shouldn't seriously consider pursuing this further as nothing good can come out of this. You simply won't be able to have a proper relationship with the tulpa without entering into a bizarre, tangled, screwed-up relationship with the host.

Sure. I get that. Having a romantic relationship with someone outside our system WOULD be tricky and I'm not sure it's even something I would want myself. But there's no reason why we can't at least be friends and form an IRL friendship as well as being online friends.

And honestly I'm concerned about my host butting in intentionally if she ends up becoming friends with the OP. Accidentally shouldn't be much of an issue; we already have long phone conversations no problem. I know her, she tends to jump in on conversations about anything she finds interesting. I'm pretty sure the only thing keeping her from doing that at the moment is because she respects that the OP is my friend and not hers.

-Kayleigh

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

I'll be blunt and say, you shouldn't seriously consider pursuing this further as nothing good can come out of this. You simply won't be able to have a proper relationship with the tulpa without entering into a bizarre, tangled, screwed-up relationship with the host.

This.

Why does the only reasonable conclusion take these many posts to show up?