Generally helpful forcing technique (but mostly for Visualisation and Imposition)

Purlox

Question

(This technique was originally developed by Chess)

You sit down with your tulpa somewhere in a comfortable place and position, with your tulpa sitting only a short distance away from you (you should probably be as close to each other as you are comfortable being). You want your tulpa to sit in a position that allows it to look straight into your eyes, also if possible your tulpa should have its hands/hooves/paws/etc. on your head.

From your point of view the forcing will go as it usually goes, but your tulpa will have to concentrate on you and will be trying to keep away any thoughts that don't have anything to do with tulpaforcing. How will your tulpa keep the thoughts away? They can shake your head, tell you your thoughts are drifting away, give you some emotional response, head pressure or just simply think them away etc. (Choose whichever works best for you)

This might seem like just an unnecessary technique, that won't have any significant effects, but it does work very well and helps you concentrate on whatever you are doing. If you don't believe me, then read the reports in this thread of people that tried it.

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Tried again, it isn't the best method to use when you have more than one tupper. They tend to get jelly or they wonder why you did it with the other one first.

It does help to concentrate, but other than that there doesn't seem to be much effect.

There is no limit on how many tuppers you can do this method with. You just make them all sit in front of you and each of them have 1 or 2 hands your head.

Sitting close by or staring at them has the same effect.

Only if you ignore the fact that they are supposed to remind you of not concentrating on them.

I've been hearing good results, so I'm going to go ahead and move this to the guides board.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I imposed QB a similar way. He just sat on a chair and stared into my eyes. It's simple and it works.

The above post does not contain facts.

q2's the host, QB's the tulpa.

This method helped a TON.

Most people who have been on the IRC know I have been having an insanely hard time visualizing for a long while now.

I struggled for around 30 minutes just trying to see my wonderland. I got weird flashes of color and just couldn't focus. I got up and started looking for tips and remembered this post.

I sat down and told Jaden the plan.

Almost instantly I was met with his face right up in mine with his paws on my forehead. His little arms are so short my face was basically buried in his fur.

I could see his expressions so vividly and feel him so powerfully. He took ahold of my thumb and I could feel how his hand structure worked, both as a paw and able to grab things. Able to feel his warmth and breathing and see his face well.

It was very difficult for him though, so he wasn't able to talk as we did it, he started to fade out if he lost focus.

But it was awesome to see him.

;____; I missed my bebe tupper.

Yeah I tried it again and it does help keep focus, but for me not by that much. I'm going to keep trying throughout today as most people say it works, I must be too distracted in my sessions for it to work.

frt

tried it for a few seconds and even though it was just a short time i found it well easier to concentrate and she spoke clearly

neat

Name - Silver

Form - Harpy

Sentience - fully sentient

Personality - Playful, cheerful, enthusiastic, chilled

Smell - Baileys

Stage - Narration and imposition

I noticed a similar effect when Pae repeatedly told me to hug Pinkie; I'd be face-to-face with g-hosts. Uh. Pinkie. Um.

Point being that the concept works. Okay.

Should I keep my eyes open or closed while doing this?

If you are doing Imposition, then opened, otherwise closed. (Unless you can visualise your tulpa with your eyes open more easily than with them closed)

If you are doing Imposition, then opened, otherwise closed. (Unless you can visualise your tulpa with your eyes open more easily than with them closed)

Err imposition is the later part right? I've just begin to forcing only 2 hours but my mind either strays or I keep forgetting how my tulpa should look like and have to look at the picture again and again.