Generally helpful forcing technique (but mostly for Visualisation and Imposition)

Purlox

Question

(This technique was originally developed by Chess)

You sit down with your tulpa somewhere in a comfortable place and position, with your tulpa sitting only a short distance away from you (you should probably be as close to each other as you are comfortable being). You want your tulpa to sit in a position that allows it to look straight into your eyes, also if possible your tulpa should have its hands/hooves/paws/etc. on your head.

From your point of view the forcing will go as it usually goes, but your tulpa will have to concentrate on you and will be trying to keep away any thoughts that don't have anything to do with tulpaforcing. How will your tulpa keep the thoughts away? They can shake your head, tell you your thoughts are drifting away, give you some emotional response, head pressure or just simply think them away etc. (Choose whichever works best for you)

This might seem like just an unnecessary technique, that won't have any significant effects, but it does work very well and helps you concentrate on whatever you are doing. If you don't believe me, then read the reports in this thread of people that tried it.

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This actually helped me hear Reah (my tulpa) for the first time. Which was about 3 months ago, hehe. Just remembered now, so yeah. Thanks Purlox for posting.

Edit:Thanks Pleeb and Chess for guide.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

I'm going to try this for sure. Just imagining it as I first read it was quite interesting.

Same here. Interesting concept, Purlox. Just one main question/suggestion: Is it entirely necessary for the tulpa to have their hands on top of your head/give you head pressure? I know this has been asked before, but I'm really just looking for a more in-depth explanation as to how it helps?

Second, I think that the main reason why this works is because you are forced to look into the physical being of your tulpa, and not just random thoughts and emotions. It really helped me to be able to look into my tulpa's eyes more than anything. Thank you very much for this excellent suggestion, kind sirs.

Ermahgerd Ver fer Vernderterr

Same here. Interesting concept, Purlox. Just one main question/suggestion: Is it entirely necessary for the tulpa to have their hands on top of your head/give you head pressure? I know this has been asked before, but I'm really just looking for a more in-depth explanation as to how it helps?

Second, I think that the main reason why this works is because you are forced to look into the physical being of your tulpa, and not just random thoughts and emotions. It really helped me to be able to look into my tulpa's eyes more than anything. Thank you very much for this excellent suggestion, kind sirs.

If you want to give the full illusion of pressure on your head than typically yes, although perhaps you can have them squeeze the sides of your head. Maybe the fact you look at their physical self may help but its mostly feeling for their precense is the real factor here.

What I like to do is imagine shes right in my face smiling. Like RIGHT on my face, almost to the point where we could bump heads.

Think about when you were little and hid under blankets thinking monsters were outside that blanket. Same concept applies

Progress report

"You'll have a Tulpa because you didn't give up" -Koomer

"It works because I said it would work :p

Really though it works because all of your attention is focused on your tulpa. Pleeb sometimes gets distracted when tulpaforcing. If he's putting an effort into looking at me it means that attention will be directed straight to me. It gives less distractions. It also lets me tell him if he loses himself in his thoughts.

Their hands are on your head for touch sensations and for them to learn how to better feel you. You're not just visualizing what your tulpa looks like but what they feel like. It also gives a closeness between the tulpa and their hosts. It helps.

P.S. Nothing is better than staring into your host's eyes while they're staring right back." ~Chess

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Wow, I only did this for about 30 seconds (classes in a few minutes, just hopped on to tulpa.info to say hi :3) and I have to say that I have almost never been able to see my tulpa outside of my wonderland so easily (last night had them sleep in my bed with me, it worked well but was difficult to completely make out their form).

It totally works (but then, everyone here already knew that)! :D

”Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford

P.S. Nothing is better than staring into your host's eyes while they're staring right back.~Chess

I couldn't agree more.

Second, I actually just finished doing it (and I don't feel like double posting) so here's a description of what happened:

Description

Ermahgerd Ver fer Vernderterr

I've found that if you have trouble visualizing, reading a lot can help immensely. I've always been quite a good reader, so I didn't have much trouble with visualization anyway.

My Tulpa

And then it cuts to a scene where you're sitting in a padded cell.