[Poll] Mental Conditions of Hosts

Mr Mister

Choose a mental condition (If Any). Should be chosen if you believe it has effect on how you function as a person.  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a mental condition (If Any). Should be chosen if you believe it has effect on how you function as a person.

• None (that have at least some significance throughout life)
    • Asperger's/Autism Spectrum Disorder
    • ADHD-ADD
    • Autism Spectrum/ADHD Mix
    • DID
    • Schizophrenia
    • Anxiety/Depression (Severe)
    • Mix of any of any disorders or unlisted

I guess the reason I originally made it 1 vote per person was because if someone voted on 2 things it would look like 2 different people voting which seemed even less accurate to me. But I can see why other people would prefer the alternative of multiple votes.

Depends on how the percentages are calculated. Of course, you divide the number of votes for each choice by N, but N can be either the total number of votes, or the number of people who voted. When the poll only allows voting for one choice, it's the same number N either way. But when multiple selections are allowed, the former methods results in underreported percentages, while the latter method results in more useful figures.

Even more useful would be figures on correlation, but that would require keeping between O(n^2) and O(2^n) running totals depending on how thorough the analysis is to be, where n is the number of choices --- or just store the original ballots and recount them as necessary for each reported figure.

Maggie David (she or they, birthday June 4)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, basically, "Choose the condition you'd like to represent yourself the most" isn't so great. Probably best to lean towards inclusive for this poll.

Hopefully people aren't dumb and don't choose "Mix of any of any" plus 2+ other options, or the Autism + ADHD mix and also Autism and ADHD. I'd like to think they aren't.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Yeah, basically, "Choose the condition you'd like to represent yourself the most" isn't so great. Probably best to lean towards inclusive for this poll.

Hopefully people aren't dumb and don't choose "Mix of any of any" plus 2+ other options, or the Autism + ADHD mix and also Autism and ADHD. I'd like to think they aren't.

Some disorders are more than one disorder by definition too. Like schizoaffective disorder, which refers to having both schizophrenia and a mood disorder like depression.

Depends on how the percentages are calculated. Of course, you divide the number of votes for each choice by N, but N can be either the total number of votes, or the number of people who voted. When the poll only allows voting for one choice, it's the same number N either way. But when multiple selections are allowed, the former methods results in underreported percentages, while the latter method results in more useful figures.

Even more useful would be figures on correlation, but that would require keeping between O(n^2) and O(2^n) running totals depending on how thorough the analysis is to be, where n is the number of choices --- or just store the original ballots and recount them as necessary for each reported figure.

Well if that's how it is calculated then I have no problem with that method at all.

I'm the host, but I also have Yulia with me.

• 1 month later...

We are unsure about Mari- I mean Rachel's mental conditions. Until she gets a diagnosis we can't be certain. But I'm pretty sure she has social anxiety and depression since she's suicidal...self-harmful... and experiences anxiety in pretty much every aspect of social interactions, even on here and just walking outside to take out trash. Her mother suggests that she may be bipolar upon being socially anxious and depressed. A friend also suggests that she my have autism for various reasons. Both of us think she has an antisocial personality disorder for reasons such as her lack of morality, vandalism, violent tendencies no real empathy for the life of humanity.

It's just a bunch of assumptions since we don't have an official diagnoses from a professional, Mari- GAH I mean RACHEL is a mix bag of things, which can be hard to settle her down at times. Although she can still function in life to a degree, as the years go by, it's becoming harder for her to manage daily activities. The self-harm thing had been a thing that started happening this year and we knew that it was a sign that things are getting really bad. But hopefully by next month when we have money, she can start seeing a psychiatrist because whatever psychologist she saw a month or so ago didn't really help.

Now, what she goes through technically doesn't really effect me. I do feel a lot of what Rachel feels and experiences but it's more like a notification for me when Rachel's mood changes, even when the slightest of negativity hits her.

Oh, so to answer what we chose for the poll, we just chose Anxiety/Depression (Severe) since it's the only thing that makes the most sense at the moment.

[inactive]

I chose the bottom option because I have nothing that's diagnosed. I've delt with depression and anxiety but not enough to need medication for..... I think. Am yet to be medicated and I function fairly normally.

What I do have... is hard to explain really. I get, unstable. Like my mind refuses to process something and instead of a thought I'll get a "blank". It was really bad 6ish years ago when my tulpa first showed up(had no idea what a tulpa was at the time) but since then I've had very few blanks to speak of. I have gotten the sensation recently that my mind was "off kilter" like very unbalanced such as a top making one of its last rotations before falling down. But my tulpa and i have really buckled down and we have pretty much gotten rid of that feeling entirely as well.

Id say my tulpa are what's keeping me centered and sane right now. At least that's how it feels.

There are few things more confusing in this life, than trying to figure yourself out.

>The tulpa that I created this account for no longer wants it. So not having an account myself, ill take it.<

Thanks to the wonders of medicine I've been diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum for a few months now, though I'm supposedly so high-functioning that there's only a few things that give it away for me. That said, my ADHD is something I've known about for years, and it's part of the reason why I'm just happy with where my tulpas are at right now. The difficulty focusing for extended periods of time is partly something that Irix helps out with a fair bit, since he's always there to help make sure I'm on track with what I actually need to be focusing on at the time, but when it comes to other things my mind just kind of runs off the rails.

Like meditation, for example. I love meditating, but anything over five minutes is a pain to push for because I start getting antsy and my focus slips off onto who-knows-what. 

I know I've got some signs leaning to Schizophrenia, and chronic depression just sort of runs in the family at this point, but as of yet there's not enough when it comes to those two to really say I have them.

Irix Lily Kiara

New to the site. Feel free to ask me stuff.

• 6 months later...