Sleep Deprivation and Hallucinations

Hey m8s! I've got an idea. So I'm taking a lot of EOCs right now and decided to study all night into the morning. 

The original goal was to pass but now after doing some reading I've realized I can bring on hallucinations by staying awake for 72 hours or less. So this gave me an idea.

I noticed that some nights before falling asleep I could see, hear, and even feel Trixie better then I had before. I asked her if it was really her and she confirmed it. So, I figured that maybe by bringing on these sleep deprived hallucinations our imposition would be boosted. 

I've been awake for about 21 hours now and I plan to go as long as possible. Who knows I might beat the world record. 

What are your thoughts? You think it'll work? Any advice or tips?

Randy Gardner (born August 7, 1949) is the holder of the scientifically documented record for the longest a human has intentionally gone without sleep not using stimulants of any kind. In 1964, Gardner, a high school student in San Diego, California, stayed awake for 264.4 hours (11 days 25 minutes).

Good luck with that. You should keep us posted. Like what, every four hours... Still functioning... Umm, we need a cognitive test. What kind of test, though...

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/27/573739653/the-haunting-effects-of-going-days-without-sleep

worth reading!

Actually, you can no longer win the worlds record because they took it out of the running due to health concerns.

Probably not a good idea. I suspect you'll fall asleep, unless you have a team...

other arguments against, health concerns aside, assuming brain is not functioning at peake performance, it could, in theory be harmful to tulpa?

arguments for, though... interestingly, all medical advice is to get sleep, it's actually a law for truck drivers to sleep at certain intervals... these same rules don't exist for Doctors/medical interns who could theoretically be on call and or be expected to perform around the clock.... Go figure.

“He was physically very fit,” says Dement. “So we could always get him going by playing basketball or going bowling, things like that. If he closed his eyes he would be immediately asleep.” Night time was harder as there was nothing to do and they had a terrible time keeping him awake.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180118-the-boy-who-stayed-awake-for-11-days

Unless you have a group of friends that rotate and try to keep you from dozing off - ones that are physical and can keep you moving and active in some way or another - I don't think that you're going to be making it very far with your experiment. It's possible that you'll experience some hallucinations but it's unlikely that they'll be controllable in any way, meaning that this isn't a very reliable way to practice imposition. When you put yourself in this state, you're sacrificing your focus and your health, so I wouldn't personally recommend it.

Sleep-deprived hallucinations suck. Any results you get will be far less productive than simply working on your visualization/imposition skills. And "Who knows I might beat the world record." is... one of the more optimistic statements I've heard this year.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

While imposition and other hallucinations might become more vivid as you're less awake (btw, hint: try lucid dreaming) sleep deprivation will undoubtedly reduce your ability to actually focus upon your goal. Part of why dream recall is so difficult is because you're barely awake at the time (by the time you're fully awake, you've already missed your window). Anyway, just keep working on imposition and it'll become more vivid with time. No need to sacrifice your sleep for it.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

• 5 months later...

Ayyyyyy, sorry for no updates; however, I have good news for everyone that said it was a bad idea: I failed.

I'd like to thank my mom, my dad, and the academy for my lack of achievements. It's truly an honor.

Anyways, I'm here to say that I'm not giving up. I'm going to try again next week. Once again I'm going to try and stay awake for a full 72+ hours. A friend suggested I should get high off of nutmeg. Which is an interesting topic; however, that sounds like another challenge for another day.

Plus I did some research and it turns out the effects of sleep deprivation can be solved with one good nights rest. So it shouldn't be too detrimental.

So, how about wishing me luck for my second try.

I did 60 hours routinely for about 3 months, every weekend. I woke up Friday morning and went to bed Sunday night. I definitely started hallucinating by Sunday night. I didn't have a tulpa at the time, but i saw the walls and curtains breathing. Also i saw a clown. So yeah, you're going to experience something.

I highly recommend against more than 72 hours. A friend of mine said he knows he lost something mentally because of it. He did about 96. Just be careful.

I did it without and supplements or caffeine and just worked on my homework and studies constantly.