Policy on Discussion of Tulpa Sex

Guest Albatross_

Guest Albatross_

We have been ignoring this issue for some time. However, I think that it's increasing frequency coupled with the recent growth of the forums warrants a serious discussion on it.

The issue is this: Is discussion of sexual relations between tulpae and their creators permissible on the forums?

We've all seen the threads. "Tulpa sex". "Serious Discussion of Tulpa Sex". Less savory, "I helped fuck someone's tulpa". And most recently, in Guides, "Tulpa Pregnancy".

While these threads may be started with good intentions, there are a few problems that invariably present themselves:

• Those topics, unless posted in Off-topic, are tweeted to a community of more than 450 followers. Over 50% of these are doctors, psychologists, mathematicians, etc. While some members do not place importance on these connections, it is unarguably the wrong impression to give off regardless of the demographic.

• New members join daily. I think we can agree that it is a bad thing when the first thread they see / read in any given board relates to sex.

• Regardless of how pure or academic the intent of the poster was, these threads have, in every case, devolved into shitposting and in no case is the original purpose of the thread fulfilled.

With these points in mind, I feel that we should consider a change in policy regarding threads of this nature. To be specific, a more restrictive change. That is what this thread is for.

Your thoughts and comments are wanted and appreciated.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone in the IRC mentioned to bring up this subject in the FAQs and then move any thread discussing it (including the 'tulpa fetish' threads, 'can we have kinky time in wonderland?' topics, etc.) to off-topic (or another board similar to off-topic that wouldn't be tweeted, since tulpæ in off-toipc would be on-topic?).

In my opinion on this, the subject of sex is a personal matter, and should be left at that. It should be something personal between the tulpa and the creator -- not something to be plastered for everyone and their mother to read.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Being such a sensitive subject, I suppose it would be for the best if discussion of tulpa sex were kept to IRC, or at the very least, out of the forums that get tweeted to everyone. As others have mentioned, we don't want people to get the wrong idea about us.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Let me tell you something about the academics. They might have a little interest in whether it is possible to make tulpa, but what they are really after is seeing the psychological effects that having one takes on us. In short, they want to see if we'll lose it and go crazy or not.

I believe the the topics on sex need to be merged, and unneeded comments that have the potential to derail the thread either need to be deleted, or the section of the post that is unneeded needs to be edited out. The topic of sex with a tulpa in and of itself should be allowed to stay, it just needs to be kept under control. "I had sex with my tulpa in the X position" is not necessary. "Tulpa can feel orgasms" is information that I would love to have. I would even love to have a tulpa describe what it's like, without the creator reading any information on the subject, so I can match their orgasm with what a real one feels like according to papers.

I think if such subjects are about one's daily interaction with their tulpa, they should belong in Off-topic or Progress Reports, but there can be legitimate discussions on the subject, for example how does sexuality develop with respect to a personality which is not biased by either biology or outside social influences, or if it develops at all and if it would change if a tulpa became exposed to those biases in the course of their lifetime. There's likely other interesting topics of discussion along these lines.

If the problem is just twitter, simply assign a few trusted members to approve if a thread should get tweeted or not: there were enough threads which really shouldn't have been tweeted and they can be even more embarassing than this subject.

I feel like some interesting tulpa-related questions might get ignored because they would be relegated to Off-topic, when they could be quite on topic, even if some may be uncomfortable for some people.

I feel that the original idea of this site as a good resorce is motivation enough to do what is needed. Discussion of tulpa sex should be talked about but when it comes to discussions of '' I fucked someone's tulpa'' it may mean that the website looses credibility as a serious resorce and only belittles the idea of a tulpa.

This is my opinion on it based on the information i have seen during my time here.

I think Phi hit the nail on the head on this one.

Freud discusses libido and sexual energies extensively. Does the subject make his research any less scientific? No.

Personally, I feel its something along the lines of: "It's not what you say, it's how you say it."

@Phi: I think the more interesting approach to orgasms is studying it for the population whos gender is different from their Tulpa (most of the community). Particularly to answer "Is a tulpa orgasm a mental approximation."

@Phi: I think the more interesting approach to orgasms is studying it for the population whos gender is different from their Tulpa (most of the community). Particularly to answer "Is a tulpa orgasm a mental approximation."

Yeah, I just assume that everybody is a guy making a girl tulpa. I know that's not really the case. And, yes, that's what I want to find out. How close can the female tulpa get to what an actual female orgasm feels like, and vice-versa.