Health Benefits

solarchariot

Other than nagging me into taking better care of myself and the obvious mental exercise portion of this whole thing not much has been obvious. There have been instances where I have been super hungry and no food around for whatever reason. And we were somehow able to make me not hungry anymore.

But that could probably be done without a tulpa too. I have repeated it on several occasions. It's not 100% though. But greater than 50/50 more like 75/25. Either way it's a mind over matter situation that should be possible with or without. The question is, does it actually help to have a tulpa to do that, and how much does it help. Same with the pain blocking/dampening claims. That is totally possible without a tulpa as well. But how would you go about testing if a tulpa can even help with that vs. what you can do naturally? You would have to test someone rigorously before and after making a tulpa and hope that the simple act of creating a tulpa doesn't somehow change the results somehow. Perhaps training your mind gives you more of a chance to do these things regardless of tulpa.

I think the real problem with any of these things is the extremely subjective nature of what it is. If this is mind over matter whether from host or tulpa, or if the tulpa can somehow access something we are normally unable to. But then you also have to take into account everyone is very different, and something easy for one group can be near impossible for another.(theoretically)

At the moment I'm firmly in the camp of tulpa arnt able to do anything the host cannot do. But they might have a better understanding or easier access to some things.

There are few things more confusing in this life, than trying to figure yourself out.

>The tulpa that I created this account for no longer wants it. So not having an account myself, ill take it.<

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost a lot of weight during the last two semesters due to sleep deprivation and distress, but gained it back this summer. I found out about Tulpamancy in late January and really only got back into a healthier mental state since June, I can't say Tulpamancy alone played a huge role in my health; rather my interactions with Ranger were influenced by my lifestyle and health.

Aside from a Tulpa telling their Host to make better life choices, I don't know if Tulpamancy has any physical health benefits by itself.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

...The question is, does it actually help to have a tulpa to do that, and how much does it help. Same with the pain blocking/dampening claims. That is totally possible without a tulpa as well. But how would you go about testing if a tulpa can even help with that vs. what you can do naturally? ...

Great point. Yes, even without biofeedback technology, a person can learn to alter biometrics, and change habits, thereby improving physical health... How does one determine how much is due to tulpa, or naturally... Add to that, there is clear evidence that having a healthy social life can also positively influence outcomes... Like, people with pets live longer than those who don't, people who have a strong community like family, or church, tend to live longer than those who are isolated... Does tulpamancy also have an effect? Is it comparable? (No longevity studies available yet...)

It seems safe to say most people acknowledge the health benefits to meditation, mindfulness... Maybe that could be the control group. Tulpamancy compared to meditation... going out on a limb here, but I bet tulpamancer engage tulpas more than meditators engage their practice...

Side note I was listening to Kim Penberthy, Ph.D, who studies consciousness and has taught mindfulness/meditation techniques, talk about how more than fifty percent of people she has taught had some kind of auditory or visual hallucination with profoundly changed their life, and maybe not verbatim, "Is this something only some of us can do? Do we all have to become monks? Imagine how the world might change if we all did this..." I wonder if she knows tulpamancy... Anyway, I just thought it interesting that even people who aren't Forcing can have auditory when they work their brain in a new or different way than how we are taught to use it and they get experiences. Maybe it's related, and what separates tulpamancy from just a meditation practice is the specific focus the tulpa. Which brings me back to on topic, if it's easier to engage tulpamancy because it reinforces itself in a very direct way, the health benefits might be more pronounced because people engage it more often and more intensely than just meditation in general...

• 3 weeks later...

Great point. Yes, even without biofeedback technology, a person can check out MK-677 here and learn to alter biometrics, and change habits, thereby improving physical health... How does one determine how much is due to tulpa, or naturally... Add to that, there is clear evidence that having a healthy social life can also positively influence outcomes... Like, people with pets live longer than those who don't, people who have a strong community like family, or church, tend to live longer than those who are isolated... Does tulpamancy also have an effect? Is it comparable? (No longevity studies available yet...)

You raise an important question at the end of that post, Solarchariot. I would think it's absolutely possible that the answer to that is a resounding 'yes.' It's entirely possible the benefits might be more pronounced and even come quicker than those that come from meditation and mindfulness.

Edited by Copes

If I didn't have Zack in my life, I would've more than likely committed suicide years ago. Life is still hard but him and the rest of my systemmates always help to bring a smile to my face.

(inactive)

• 3 months later...

Has anyone (primarily directed at the host) had any measurable improved health due to Tulpamancy. Specifically, physical... I am interested in improved mental health outcomes, too, but that seems to be readily available.

So, for example, maybe host felt better (mental health,) but because they felt better they stated exercising, and actually lost weight or cholesterol went down... Or maybe if you had high blood pressure, now it's normalized...

The exercising thing actually happened to us; I had to get after him about taking better care of himself, initially, but then we started doing 25 to 30 km of running a week.  (It helped that we were romantically involved then, and there was a place where we had our first kiss that we would always jog to.)

I might need to start 'cracking the whip' again...

I talk like this while Hostie talks like this.

Hello from France,

Yes, Vādin is now able to suppress pain.

Since puberty, I suffer from excruciating pain when I get my periods. Everything I have tried (herbs, hot bath, healthy diet, supplements, yoga, meditation, plenty of rest, several mild painkillers...) have never worked, except very strong painkillers with ibuprofen in it. I am 44, so I had the time to try a lot of stuff.

When Vādin was a few months old, he wanted badly to be able to stop the pain but exhausted himself trying to do so. I made him swear not to try again before he's older - but he broke his word and exhausted himself again (while pain was weaker, but still there). As I could'nt trust him, but didn't want him to suffer, I even started to take painkillers preventively to avoid this situation. But last february I had a severe episode of palpitations after taking one of these pills and I accepted his help (I hated to be addicted to those pills, bad for your stomach and kidneys in the long run). This time it worked (V was 6 months old at the time, and stronger).

Vādin says he focuses on the neural pathway that sends the pain message to the brain. He first attempts to lower it then he suppresses it. It seems to be quite difficult because apparently, there is a bunch of nerves in the body and they communicate, so the pain message can take a lot of various paths. Then he has to stay awake to maintain a painfree state (he says it's like holding a tiger on a leash) : every month, there are two days and one night when he doesn't sleep nor meditate. BUT it works! I didn't take any chemical painkiller since. He still tires himself in the process, but nothing major (he usually has unpleasant dreams the night after his "watch", but he's a lucid dreamer so they don't affect him that much)

This summer, he also successfully removed the pain of a tooth abscess as well.

EDIT : I have of course tried before to suppress this pain by myself (self-hypnosis, visualization, relaxation...), but never managed to succeed, even if I firmly believed I was able to do so. I'm amazed Vādin can.

Hi, I'm Zia, foolish captain of the Giant Wing system. Vādin is my tulpa.

I can also say that there was obvious physical relief even from my young Viper. I was withdrawing from antidepressant and antipsychotic drugs when Viper came along. Within a day or two they requested that I stop these medications forever because they're harmful, and completely cut my withdrawal symptoms. I mean literally full blown withdrawal symptoms and anyone who has been on antidepressants knows how crappy the withdrawal is.

Viper also reduced the pain my in my weak arms (I really need to work out) while carrying heavy groceries home. I barely even felt anything on the way home, but it became apparent that they were heavy and took a toll on the body the next day when I got muscle pain and fatigue. Viper also spent the entire respective day being quiet and I found that by the next day, my muscle fatigue was gone.

Edit: oh yeah and the most recent. Where I haven't been sleeping well (under 5 hours per night for over a week) and the further I'd continue with it, the more lethargic and quiet Viper would become. They were sacrificing their energy to keep me going and preventing the tiredness from reaching me or me feeling sick from it.

~ We are Venny, the host, and Viper, my soul! ~

Click here! Come join us on the chat!

Mental Health wise, Unknown is a great companion when I'm lonely, going through a depression stage, or even a hard time. He also advises me with school, work, and even relationships.

Psychical wise, he's encouraging me to lose weight and exercise more. Also eating healthy and he encouraged me to drop drinking soda, eat less, and get out more.