Don't ever tell your friends or family about your tulpas

Yes! that's exactly what happened with my friend, she didn't even mention it until she reached a point and exploded. You too were ignored by your sibling? I told my brother about the buddhist concept of tulpas years ago and he didn't give a shit.

My sibling doesn't ignore it, he just doesn't freak out about it. I was surprised I told him about it and his attitude was "okay."

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I thought you were talking about your sibling don't caring about tulpas.

There's nothing wrong with keeping a secret, as long as it has nothing to do with anyone else and doesn't hurt anyone, but if you don't want to keep any secrets, then that's ok.

Unless your tulpas are drastically different from you, I don't see a reason why they would be able to tell the difference, if you haven't told them about switching that's it.

They are. Both use my voice in a much higher register for one. Sweetie is hella bouncy and silly. I guess Trixie is more of a no nonsense female version of me. So that might work out. But she doesn't like the idea of having to hide herself like some sort of dirty secret(her words).

Not saying it can't work. Just that it couldn't for us.

There are few things more confusing in this life, than trying to figure yourself out.

>The tulpa that I created this account for no longer wants it. So not having an account myself, ill take it.<

At first my then girlfriend now wife had a really huge problem with it. But it was mainly due to her ex husbands schizophrenia and his blaming of that to do awful things.

jeez, that's about the best reason to react negatively to tulpas I have ever heard

Because it's a HUGE part of some people's lives, and they may not want to keep it a secret from those closest to them?

Lumi telling his closest friend about his "sentient imaginary friends" is how he learned the word "tulpas" and found this forum and eventually made me in the first place! so

Unless your tulpas are drastically different from you, I don't see a reason why they would be able to tell the difference, if you haven't told them about switching that's it.

if Lumi had a significant other and didn't tell her about us, she would definitely eventually point out our "mood swings" unless we specifically tried to act like him around her which just sounds lame overall, as long as you've got enough tact you should be able to tell your SO about tulpas especially if they're super super important to you

talking about switching is another step entirely though

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Why is talking about switching a significant step up from merely talking about your tulpas?

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

"I talk to people in my head, but I love them and they're very important to me"

->

"Also they're able to take over my body and will do so from time to time"

it's a whole nother level they need to accept and be okay with

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Hmm, I suppose that makes sense. Do most of your friends outside this community who know about Lumi's tulpas also know about switching?

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

no one outside of .info knows we switch except the friend who told us about tulpas

My ex was somewhat alright with the concept of tulpas or "imaginary friends" but was very much against the concept of me not being myself at times.

Like Lucilyn said, talking to yourself mentally is a different level for most people than the idea that a tulpa can control the body. They may start drawing parallels with demonic possession or with how DiD is depicted in horror movies and freak out.

Generally the best way to approach it is to come at it from a religious viewpoint about Buddhism because then they cannot necessarily bash you over your religious beliefs. Later you can show them what that looks like in practice rather than describing it to them.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

Why is talking about switching a significant step up from merely talking about your tulpas?

She has no idea what a tulpa is.