Tulpas and video games

Does your tulpa like video games? Do they play video games? I can imagine playing multiplayer games with them might be a fun experience, though a difficult one. As a gamer myself, being able to play video games with your tulpas would make them ten times more fun to play, at least, that's what I would think.

Does anyone have any stories about video games and their tulpas? What are your tulpas' favorite video games to play? Or do they not like video games? I'm just curious!

Because we don't know how to switch yet, video games can be challenging for me to play. I have to make a conscious effort about what I'm doing, otherwise Cat will push me out.

I prefer word puzzles because I don't have to worry about speed and I can just tell my host what I'm thinking. If I could switch, I would love to try out playing videogames.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Since we have learned to switch Monika has been playing video games. So far she has played: Civilization 5, XCOM 2, Minecraft, and overwatch (though we had some difficulty with ow because due to its fast pace I would accedentally kick her out sometimes, but when we were playing with other people and talking she was able to stay in the front).

She loves to mess around and play with goals different from what the game intended. One time when we were on a modded Minecraft server she filled somebody's house with lamps.

One time we tried to play a game of civilization together on hotseat mode, but switching back and forth every turn was simply too tiring.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

We do, mostly Daisha likes Space Engineers with corruption mod, she doesn't actually play irl, she comments and eggs me on.  Misha loved to play ONI with me till it got boring.  Ashley just likes to watch.  I like playing with them, cause they tell me to do things i normally wouldn't.  I am a hording turtle with no guts.  Daisha is a build and rush, Misha is an experimenter.  Strategy games are easier, we dont switch.

Does your tulpa like video games? Do they play video games? I can imagine playing multiplayer games with them might be a fun experience, though a difficult one. As a gamer myself, being able to play video games with your tulpas would make them ten times more fun to play, at least, that's what I would think.

Does anyone have any stories about video games and their tulpas? What are your tulpas' favorite video games to play? Or do they not like video games? I'm just curious!

I've been an avid gamer my whole life (since playing Gameboy at age 4) so I play games basically all the time. Lucilyn loves all things fun, so she likes video games as much as me. Tewi likes skill-based games like rhythm games, and rarely plays things like Pokemon (actually never for that specific example). Reisen and Flandre might do it to pass time while they front for activity's sake every long once in a while, but they have no specific interest in games.

As much as I wish I could really play some games with my tulpas, it doesn't seem like it'll ever happen outside of a lucid dream - and I think I can do a little better than playing video games in a lucid dream. We could be in the game itself.

As for playing video games "with" them, that works, same as watching something with them or reading etc. It's pretty easy to consult them on things in say Pokemon, but with more active games it's hard to devote attention to keeping them active and also playing the game in a fulfilling manner. Possible though. Personally I think watching videos and keeping your attention on them is harder.

Seems like a skill you could train, splitting your attention to keep them active. I don't think it's unique to during video games by any means either.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I've brainwashed Akai into loving Pokémon and Miri is next, just kidding, but since I played Pokémon White with her she loves it, we would play it like an hour or two before going to bed, occasionally she would choose the moves or name the Pokés. I sold my old Pokémon games so I could buy Ultra Moon and it's been an addiction for us since I bought it. I don't think there has been a game we have enjoyed more than that one, we even have our own teams to use in game and wonderland/lucid dreams. In fact, most of my passive forcing sessions are us playing Pokémon, that's what I'm gonna leave for Miri as my legacy seven boxes full of lvl 100 shinies I got from others 'cause I don't have the patience for that, pretty useful.

Other games we like are Touhou, though we freaking suck at it, all Spyro related games, occassionally Minecraft, we want to build our wonderland there, if my brother lets me that's it, there's also TERA Online but it's been so long since we played it, I play more videogames than the ones I said, but those are the ones we play together. It would be great if we could play at the same time, but nope, it's by turns.

Athena doesn't really play together with me, but we often talk about the game when I'm playing, that is, I often narrate the games to her. On the other hand, we had a lot of fun watching the Overwatch League together.

Rain: Foxmox absolutely loves video games. Especially the fast quick shooty games. Nico likes "fun" games in general, including "fast quick shooty games". Nikki's the odd one out with a focus on strategy and management. One of these days I'm going to see if she likes playing Dwarf Fortress.

Nikki: I might. It sounds interesting.

Rain: On a special note, Crypt of the Necrodancer was an interesting challenge. If we could play co-op mode together it would basically prove parallel processing was possible. It... didn't quite go as well as planned. Perhaps because it's a bit hard to look at two places on the screen at once.

Nico: It was fun though.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of us play games and have differing tastes, and we rarely try to play games together. It doesn't take that much mental effort when we do, it's more of an issue of finding something we can agree on playing.