Pony segregation: Good or bad idea?

Guest Anonymous

Should a pony-specific board exist?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should a pony-specific board exist?

• Yes
    • No
    • Perhaps
    • Other (state in replies)

Guest Anonymous

So, would it be better if we made a pony only board? Just so that the numerous users who immigrated from /mlp/ and the pony subreddits could discuss pony things. Would this separate the boards and create conflict or create a space for people with pony tulpas to ask pony specific questions? This could be outdated if tulpas go mainstream.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dispite the following remark being subjectivly out of character and just rather rude due to the lack of constructive criticism and feedback I will state the following anyway:

sage

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

Honestly I think we ought to not associate ourselves with MLP at all. I know the movement was born there, but if a newcomer shows up and sees pony threads, it will be very hard to be taken cereal.

Besides, the form is very much.... Trivial.

Take it easy, you two. This ain't 4chan

Guest Anonymous

sage

It goes in all fields. But to reply to tulpatalk (who dislikes me, despite the fact I like him) some questions could be pony specific. I'm going out on a whim and going to assume you don't want "Hey guys, who long should my tulpa's horn be?" or "how far apart should the pupils be from the sides of the eyes?" (both legitimate questions I have that don't apply to people with original tulpa ideas) clogging up the forums.

In regards to the Morgan freeman vid, what about when most of a population considers themselves to be something, but one guy doesn't? Should we follow the lone wolf?

I don't think we should separate the ponies from the rest. I feel uneasy having "Pony" as an alternate option in that poll we have sticked, as well, and may be changing it and throwing all the votes for "Pony" into "Vertebrate."

I see a form as just that: the form. You take that consciousness out and stick it in another body that's not a pony, it will still be the same being; the same mind, without a pony's body. To reiterate: I see nothing different between a tulpa with a pony's body and a tulpa with a humanoid's body, other than what it looks like from the outside.

You may have a design question for creating a pony for a tulpa, but the same could be said about someone creating a Cerberus tulpa may be asking about how far apart the heads should be, or if the tale should be a snake or not.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I thought I posted in this thread already, but I guess I didn't.

Anyway, I don't think pony creators should have any special treatment. Once you separate two groups you start to have discrimination pop up between those two groups. Remember the whole separate but equal thing in America? The north and south? That one theatrical play where the two towns build a giant wall between each other?

If you want to make a thread about ponies, you have /mlp/. If you want to make a thread about tulpa, you have this forum. If you want to make a thread about pony tulpa, go ahead and pick either or. It may just be me, but I really don't care about what type of tulpa you are making. Sure, I don't understand why you want it to be a pony, but I respect your decision and I'm overall ok with it. It is YOUR tulpa after all. Most people here also don't seem to care.

If a pony board would exist, you'd have have to make anime boards, touhou boards, visual novel boards, comic boards and so on. Don't bother. It's just an appearance.