How can I protect myself from tulpas?

Umyzez

That is sort of true, it takes more effort on the tulpas part, but no matter how much effort that your tulpa puts into it they won't be able to do it unless you let them (if a tulpa has sufficient experience then they might be able to control the body without the consent of the host, but that is the the point that you are at). Also I would bet just about anything that you would be able to bring back the tulpa that they killed if you tried (though you should wait until the issue with the other tulpa is resolved first for obvious reasons)

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything you make, you can unmake faster.

I also read about successful cases of leaving a tulpamancy. There was a slightly different principle: that it is easy to create a tulpa, but difficult to dessipate. You never know how this will happen or at what cost. Especially when dealing with well-developed tulpas. I often bother thinking about "Is it easy to dissipate a 10-year-old tulpa?".

They probably mean difficult because you are actually enthused about making one and distressed when dissipating one.  On a calander basis, i would believe it to be much faster to dissipate.  This is how i understand the cases where this has occured. Much faster.

I've got a rather in-depth post on dissipation here.

While the act of choosing to ignore/never bring-to-mind a tulpa again is technically instantaneous, the actual dissipation of a tulpa takes extraordinarily long once they are "well-developed", as in having been active for 2-3 or more years. A year old tulpa, it would really depend on how active they were that year. Anything less is liable to either be dissipated or brought back possibly with slight changes once the host continued forcing.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Rain: Remember that it is your mind fundamentally. You have the home field advantage. If you want to protect yourself, use your imagination. If you want to keep your body safe? While it's unlikely that you can be forced out of control by a tulpa that's never possessed before, you can make that even less likely with mental constructs. If you can imagine your body's control center in your mind, you can fortify that center with deathtraps, guards, and walls. Just my two pence.

Nikki: It's your mind. Not theirs. Don't think otherwise for a second. Your mind, your rules. You'll win.

At first I spent a lot of time on the “Main evil tulpa”, when I force him as a character. Then, when I seriously started studying tulpamancy, I spent a lot of time on others. It seems that they all helped me to learn how to hear them. (It lasted ~ 2 years) And then among them I heard Tiala. She seemed to me very friendly, close. I started spending more and more time with her.

Threats began when she decided to separate from them and told me everything. Before leaving, she said that none of them would ever be my ally. That they are all together. After that their disguise disappeared.

Yes, I gave him the role of an evil character. Something like a cool and memorable villain. But this was only for story. I never treated him as something evil. I was sure that for the characters themselves, my stories are just a theater in which they play roles. That behind the scenes they have their own personal lives.

And this is not the first time I have had to face him. Once upon a time he tried to kill me. Then I felt a very strong negative, coming from his image. Summon him "empathically" or as inspired people do, I felt that I was being attacked, that I must urgently defend myself. The picture became clear that everything we did together was a lie, that it was because of him that I stopped feeling other characters. At that moment, I realized that there was an enemy in front of me, that negotiations were meaningless. Symbolically, I tried to kill him, split the "soul stone" (where the essence of the character is). Since then I have ceased to feel it.

I marked him as a "dangerous" character. And I tried never to remember him. Attacks ceased.

But he's back. They hid from me that he was alive. Other tulpas heard him. Tiala, too. But I am not. (I can’t hear him now). Maybe during this time, he just accumulated strength or he had an accomplice.

It seems to me that the more I try to fight him, the more real I make him. Tiala said that he is strong, that he thinks and shapes thoughts faster than I do. It's like he has some kind of mental advantage.

I want to bring up this point because it may truly be the heart of the issue: If you have issues with anxiety, possibly depression, and intrusive thoughts, they can be powerful enough to distort your communication with your Tulpæ. This can result into the formation of an "evil" Tulpa or have a normally friendly Tulpa act out of character. If this is true for you then here is my advice:

[Hidden]

Before I even knew what Tulpæ were, I struggled with both anxiety and intrusive thoughts. Before I knew my mind character Ranger was a Tulpa, I assumed he was my friend and my mind was a scary place to be in. I had other characters as well, some nice but some mean and evil ones threatening me or hurting me/themselves/others. Despite everything that happened I was always more critical of myself than towards my other characters.

The worst of it happened when I was struggling with a lot of anxiety and I was forcing Ranger as a Tulpa. There were times I was so stressed out he became "possessed". He completely lost control and started threatening me, acting out of character, and doing things I knew didn't define who he was. During an anxiety spiral I realized the workings of my own mind were responsible for the spectacle, and the anxiety spiral ended. Ranger was upset and scared after the event, and afterwards we spent some time cuddling and hugging.

I bring this up because this is a fixable problem but it can happen again, only instead of one of your other characters Tiala could also be affected. If this happens to her, she IS NOT evil. Both of you are influenced by your anxiety and she is acting out of character.

If it helps to resolve tensions, talk to your other characters when you are calm. Ask them how they feel about what's going on. Do their motivations make any sense? Do you find your own or their emotions to confuse you or do they seem over the top? Are they upset "just because"? If this is the case, then it could be that they are not evil, just victims of your anxiety.

To fix this problem, the first step is realizing that they are not the source of the problem, your anxiety is. The next part is staying calm when it happens again. If they act out of character or start saying "evil" things, understand that what they are saying isn't true and take it with a grain of salt. Over time, the intrusive episode will become repetitive and it won't be scary anymore. As this happens, you will become less bothered by it and it will eventually stop happening altogether.

As a side note, when possessed Ranger did threaten to switch with me once. This was not possible because we didn't know how to switch then or even now. I would also like to point out that the Tulpa learning how to switch with you is not something they can do when you are not around. The Tulpa needs to figure out in the process of switching how to switch, if that makes sense.

[/Hidden]

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

I want to bring up this point because it may truly be the heart of the issue: If you have issues with anxiety, possibly depression, and intrusive thoughts, they can be powerful enough to distort your communication with your Tulpæ. This can result into the formation of an "evil" Tulpa or have a normally friendly Tulpa act out of character. If this is true for you then here is my advice:

Thank you, but something makes me think that this is a different case. I almost did not have any issues with anxiety. In addition, I did not notice that my depression, which appeared from time to time, somehow influenced them. Later, analyzing what they did, they rather tried make me depressed. However, Tiala was never evil. As it turned out, she always protected me from other tulpas. She tried to warn me that they were evil and for this, they started torture her. 

At that moment, when I faced that traitor it was something specific. I think then, when I tried to kill him, my mind blocked the possibility to hearing him, which also began his dissipation. Tiala said that he could not forgive the fact that I managed to get rid of him.

In the end, this creature killed my old tulpas and now also her, I doubt that this is somehow connected with anxiety. It seems that he was evil from the very beginning.

O.k., a few points.

The British Medical Society recommends treating a seemingly malicious voice with respect. This has in many cases been shown to calm them.

I have extensively researched the destruction of tulpas and it literally is true that only a born-human can destroy a tulpa. (In every single case of tulpa destruction I researched, this was the facts.) The worst a tulpa can do to another is send them to sleep.

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

O.k., a few points.

The British Medical Society recommends treating a seemingly malicious voice with respect. This has in many cases been shown to calm them.

I have extensively researched the destruction of tulpas and it literally is true that only a born-human can destroy a tulpa. (In every single case of tulpa destruction I researched, this was the facts.) The worst a tulpa can do to another is send them to sleep.

Well put.

I have never seen someone with such a mastery of brevity.  Thank you.